[Support] Linuxserver.io - PhotoShow

@sparklyballs Thank you for the lesson in how to update the docker.  It did indeed download a new version, even though the UR docker page said I was on the most recent version.

Also, it looks like the change you made fixed the problem that prevented me from using this docker. I'm going to play with this over the next few days to see how the app works.

This could be a great solution for my family.  Thank you for your work.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@sparklyballs Thank you for the lesson in how to update the docker.  It did indeed download a new version, even though the UR docker page said I was on the most recent version.

Also, it looks like the change you made fixed the problem that prevented me from using this docker. I'm going to play with this over the next few days to see how the app works.

This could be a great solution for my family.  Thank you for your work.

If you decide Photoshow isn't what you're looking for then take a look at Piwigo as a possible alternative..  ;)

• 3 weeks later...

@sparklyballs

Just wanted to thank you for your photoshow docker. With the changes you made, this application is a pretty nice fit for my use case. Let me explain.

I am at an age when I am attending a lot of funerals for friends and family.  Whenever this happens, I always ask if there is anything I can do for the family, but of course, there almost never is. So, now I don't ask. Instead, I offer to put together a slide show for the family to celebrate the life of their recently deceased loved one. The process of collecting pictures and the stories that go along with them has been therapeutic for the families because it gets them sharing each other's best pictures and memories. This is where PhotoShow comes in.

PhotoShow enables everyone to easily upload their pictures and also to add their stories as comments. Everyone can see all the pictures and stories, add their own stories to any picture, and download their favorites. In the end, I have a great collection of the entire family's pictures and the stories that go along with them.  This makes it easy to pick out the pictures that will make it to the slide show.

Thanks again.

Kamhighway

• 1 month later...

I tried this container a few months ago and couldn't get used to it. I would like now to give it another shot, but I have run into an issue. I cannot access the admin account. I remember that when I first ran the app, it prompted me to create an admin account. Not now (after having reinstalled it)! I deleted the old /config folder and had removed "container and image". Am I doing something wrong?

I tried this container a few months ago and couldn't get used to it. I would like now to give it another shot, but I have run into an issue. I cannot access the admin account. I remember that when I first ran the app, it prompted me to create an admin account. Not now (after having reinstalled it)! I deleted the old /config folder and had removed "container and image". Am I doing something wrong?

Probably need to delete the associated MySQL/MariaDB database, or clear your browser cache.

Very sorry for the newbie questio, but where is the database? I distinctly remember not installing anything else, when i first installed photoshow. I also don't see anything that looks like database (mysql, mariadb) on my apps folder.

OK, my mistake, I think I got this confused with some other container.  Just loaded this up on my machine to check.  If you delete the associated appdata folder and the container then reinstall, it should just ask you to create another login.

I tried it, but the accounts are intact and it isn't asking to create new admin account. It must be saving the login info somewhere else. Could it be saving inside the docker image?

You've deleted the appdata folder and the docker container right?  Then reinstalled? The docker.img is just a virtual hard drive.

It is taking me to the create new account page. But the accounts I am creating are not admin accounts.

Worked it out, it puts admin and user account information in the thumbs/Conf directory, which may seem a little strange, but I can see why it does so if you were to install it without using docker.  Delete the files in there and you should be good.

I have deleted the app folder (the /config folder),uninstalled container and image.  I must be missing something simple, but I can't think what it is :)

I'll try and take a more detailed look at it later, but got to help the wife in the garden at the moment...  ::)

That was a quick garden duty  ::);D

I have deleted the app folder (the /config folder),uninstalled container and image.  I must be missing something simple, but I can't think what it is :)

I'll try and take a more detailed look at it later, but got to help the wife in the garden at the moment...  ::)

Haven't started yet, she's changed her mind, I'm repapering the dining room instead...  ;D

Haven't started yet, she's changed her mind, I'm repapering the dining room instead...  ;D

What the bleep is repapering? Newspaper, glue and stick it on the wall?  ;D

• 3 months later...

I am away in Singapore at the moment so have to post this probably stupid question, but does anyone know how to add a urlbase to facilitate running this via reverseproxy?

I added the following:

<Location /photoshow/>

ProxyPass http://192.168.1.11:8020
	ProxyPassReverse htp://192.168.1.11:8020

</Location>

It brings up the page fine BUT the page doesn't render properly (e.g background images and thumbs etc).

Normally I would do something like this:

<Location /photoshow>

ProxyPass http://192.168.1.11:8020/photoshow
	ProxyPassReverse htp://192.168.1.11:8020/photoshow

</Location>

BUT I can't find a place to add the photoshow url base in the Photoshop settings. Am I missing something?

I am away in Singapore at the moment so have to post this probably stupid question, but does anyone know how to add a urlbase to facilitate running this via reverseproxy?

I added the following:

<Location /photoshow/>

ProxyPass http://192.168.1.11:8020
	ProxyPassReverse htp://192.168.1.11:8020

</Location>

It brings up the page fine BUT the page doesn't render properly (e.g background images and thumbs etc).

Normally I would do something like this:

<Location /photoshow>

ProxyPass http://192.168.1.11:8020/photoshow
	ProxyPassReverse htp://192.168.1.11:8020/photoshow

</Location>

BUT I can't find a place to add the photoshow url base in the Photoshop settings. Am I missing something?

No matter, I spotted the typo! Argggh. Bloody remote working!

• 3 weeks later...