[Support] Linuxserver.io - Tautulli

On 2/23/2020 at 1:58 PM, sjaak said:

I have the same settings, only i have the access mode set to read only (Tautulli don't need write access)

I set mine this way, and still no results in Tautulli.  I'm looking for a full unRAID setup tutorial for this, I haven't had any luck with Google.

I have 2 linuxserver plex dockers running. one in host, the otehr is in br0. 192.168.1.100 (unraid ip) and 192.168.1.128 (br0).

I have 2 tautulli linuxserver dockers running in bridge. First is 8181:8181, second is 8181:8182.

my first tau docker can join to the 192.168.1.100:32400 plex docker

my second tau docker can't join to the 192.168.1.128:32400 br0 plex docker. Only via internet. But since the IP changes in every few days, it looses connection.

any idea what should i configure in each docker to be able to join them locally?

thanks

Edited by LSL1337
  • 1 month later...

Long story short I had to change my Plex password and log out all my users.  Plex is back up and working fine.  Since then Tautulli has not been working properly.  Not sure what I have overlooked since the plex password doesn't have anything to do with Tautulli.  My connection to Tautulli seems to be working but Plex is not updating any longer.  Any help would be apprieciated.

Edit

So its been a long time since I set this up.  I had to fetch a new token and verify the server again.  All good now!

Edited by Gragorg
  • 4 months later...

Home page has a display error of some kind. History and graph tabs look fine. Image is attached of what it looks like. 

I found one error in the logs; 

2021-05-19 19:33:35ERROR[19/May/2021:19:33:35] HTTP
Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/app/tautulli/lib/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 630, in respond
        self._do_respond(path_info)
    File "/app/tautulli/lib/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 689, in _do_respond
        response.body = self.handler()
    File "/app/tautulli/lib/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 221, in __call__
        self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
    File "/app/tautulli/lib/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 54, in __call__
        return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
    File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/webserve.py", line 399, in home_stats
        stats_count=stats_count)
    File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/datafactory.py", line 314, in get_home_stats
        timestamp = int((datetime.now(tz=plexpy.SYS_TIMEZONE) - timedelta(days=time_range)).timestamp())
AttributeError: 'datetime.datetime' object has no attribute 'timestamp'

Any idea how to fix? Or just wait for update...
Thanks in advance. 

tempsnip.png

• 1 month later...

I'm suddenly getting this error. Anyone got any ideas?

400 Bad Request
Illegal key 'ys-api/epggrab/channel'

File "/app/tautulli/lib/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 732, in process_headers
    self.cookie.load(value)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/http/cookies.py", line 529, in load
    self.__parse_string(rawdata)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/http/cookies.py", line 593, in __parse_string
    self.__set(key, rval, cval)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/http/cookies.py", line 485, in __set
    M.set(key, real_value, coded_value)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.8/http/cookies.py", line 352, in set
    raise CookieError('Illegal key %r' % (key,))
http.cookies.CookieError: Illegal key 'ys-api/epggrab/channel'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/app/tautulli/lib/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 630, in respond
    self._do_respond(path_info)
  File "/app/tautulli/lib/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 658, in _do_respond
    self.process_headers()
  File "/app/tautulli/lib/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 734, in process_headers
    raise cherrypy.HTTPError(400, str(exc))
cherrypy._cperror.HTTPError: (400, "Illegal key 'ys-api/epggrab/channel'")

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just noticed that about 2 weeks ago Tautulli stopped logging my activity - I've seen it miss things before but this seems permanent. When I have an active stream is shows my user as "Local." The device I am streaming from (Shield) is logged in and I have tried clearing the data of the app and signing in again to no avail.

I have tried re-authenticating the server in the Tautulli settings and fetching a new token multiple times. I can not edit the user named "Local" and it does not show up in the history anywhere - it only shows active streams.

Any advice is welcomed, thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hi, I tried running one of JBOPS scripts but it fails because no module 'requests' can be found:

image.thumb.png.3677e28d37b23341b8fc41d1936b1dbd.png

I tried installing the module but pip isn't available. I'm not that good with python, maybe it's just something stupid ... hope someone can help!

Regards, epp

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2021 at 9:01 PM, ThatTallGuy21 said:

Can someone tell me if Tautulli is impacted by the Log4j vulnerability?

You would probably want to ask that question on their github page, not here.

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli

That said, I did just recursively check for any java or log4j installation in THIS container and I did not get any returns. So, no, not impacted.

Edited by Jason Harris
On 12/24/2021 at 10:19 PM, Jason Harris said:

You would probably want to ask that question on their github page, not here.

https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli

That said, I did just recursively check for any java or log4j installation in THIS container and I did not get any returns. So, no, not impacted.

Thanks for the heads up. I've never actually used GitHub (noob here) so I'll have to look into how to communicate on that platform. Appreciate the lead.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 2:28 PM, ThatTallGuy21 said:

Thanks for the heads up. I've never actually used GitHub (noob here) so I'll have to look into how to communicate on that platform. Appreciate the lead.

Got ya. Yea, the containers used in Unraid are built upon projects mostly out of Github or elsewhere. The container itself, when clicked on in the "Docker" screen should have a link or two that can direct you to either the source for the container or even sometimes the source for the project upon which the container was built.

The author of the container used in Unraid grabs the Github (or whatever source) code and makes it a container for use in Unraid. That's all, in a nutshell (a VERY high-level overview). So if the application being used in the container has a potential issue, its best to chase it upstream directly to the developer of the application. The application maintainer will resolve the issue, then the container owner will create a new build around it and then boom, you'll see a notification to update your downstream Unraid container in your web GUI.

All the container creator (in this case, linuxserver.io) does in that process is take any updates to the application and just wraps it in a docker container and presents it in an easily digestible format for Unraid to eat, preferably like a pizza with plenty of pepperoni.

So - issue with the container? That is an issue for the container owner (linuxserver.io in this case). Issue with the underlying app? You gotta go further upstream to the actual app developer. Even more confusing - sometimes they're the same people :)

Edited by Jason Harris
22 hours ago, Jason Harris said:

Got ya. Yea, the containers used in Unraid are built upon projects mostly out of Github or elsewhere. The container itself, when clicked on in the "Docker" screen should have a link or two that can direct you to either the source for the container or even sometimes the source for the project upon which the container was built.

The author of the container used in Unraid grabs the Github (or whatever source) code and makes it a container for use in Unraid. That's all, in a nutshell (a VERY high-level overview). So if the application being used in the container has a potential issue, its best to chase it upstream directly to the developer of the application. The application maintainer will resolve the issue, then the container owner will create a new build around it and then boom, you'll see a notification to update your downstream Unraid container in your web GUI.

All the container creator (in this case, linuxserver.io) does in that process is take any updates to the application and just wraps it in a docker container and presents it in an easily digestible format for Unraid to eat, preferably like a pizza with plenty of pepperoni.

So - issue with the container? That is an issue for the container owner (linuxserver.io in this case). Issue with the underlying app? You gotta go further upstream to the actual app developer. Even more confusing - sometimes they're the same people :)

Dude.. thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me. Makes more sense now. I was not aware of how any of this worked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 6 months later...

I would like to change the "View on Plex" icon in the lower right of posters (file is view-on-plex.png). When I drop to Console from the docker I can find the file no problem... it's located in /app/tautulli/data/interfaces/default/images/newsletter, however when I try using WinSCP I can't find the path at all under /appdata/tautulli.

Any suggestions for tracking this file down so I can replace it?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I"m still having issues updating this docker image, specifically. I have other Linuxserver.io images that update fine. The logs are showing that I'm 5 commits behind (image attahced), but I still just see "Up-to-date" by the container.

I've installed the docker.patch plugin, uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled the plugin, and this morning I updated to 6.12 and still no update option.

If I remove the docker and reinstall it, will the Application Data persist or will I need to restore that from backup?

UnRAID-Tautulli.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends, I've been using Tautulli on my Unraid server for a few months, I realized that when I open tautulli the 2 parity disks and disk 1 always remain on, I set it to turn off after 15 minutes of inactivity, if I close tautulli after 15 minutes they all turn off regularly, I have Appdata on the cache, do you know why it keeps my disks active? is there any setting to touch?

Sorry for the english, I use google translate.

• 2 months later...

I am stuck on this error and my docker will not launch. The App version is up to date, i tried updating unraid to the current version and i don't see anything about the Docker Patch in the community apps. i also tried restoring a database backup in case it was a db corruption.

2023-08-30 14:17:13 - ERROR :: MainThread : Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/app/tautulli/Tautulli.py", line 324, in <module>
    main()
  File "/app/tautulli/Tautulli.py", line 257, in main
    webstart.start()
  File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/webstart.py", line 54, in start
    initialize(web_config)
  File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/webstart.py", line 106, in initialize
    context = ssl.create_default_context(
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/ssl.py", line 770, in create_default_context
    context.load_verify_locations(cafile, capath, cadata)
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

File "/app/tautulli/Tautulli.py", line 324, in <module>
    main()
  File "/app/tautulli/Tautulli.py", line 257, in main
    webstart.start()
  File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/webstart.py", line 54, in start
    initialize(web_config)
  File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/webstart.py", line 106, in initialize
    context = ssl.create_default_context(
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/ssl.py", line 770, in create_default_context
    context.load_verify_locations(cafile, capath, cadata)
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2023 at 9:24 AM, bigsing said:

I recently ran into this issue and found the resolution here https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli/issues/2183. I used DBeaver to connect to the sqlite databse (tautulli.db) in appdata (with the app stopped) and deleted the notfy_log table. The app started cleanly after that.

This did not resolve anything for me. Dropped the table and still get the same error posted.