[Support] Linuxserver.io - Tautulli

Recently installed and i can see my media and few basic stats as i just started. However pushbullet is configured but im not getting any notifications when media is played or paused.

I do knot see anything in the logs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Same thing happening here.  Tried Pushbullet and NMA and neither sends out notifications.

Any ideas?

Should have noticed the bell icon at the notification agent settings page to the left of the service.  Once I set which notifications I wanted the came right through.

my bad

I have the bell checked and still get no pushbullet notifications.

However all my unraid couch and sickrage get to me just fine.

It shows me when a user is watching, but doesn't seem to store any of the data about what/when they watched etc.

I'm getting this in logs:

2015-09-24 18:51:51 WARNING Unable to retrieve data.

Any ideas?

As a note, after restarting(?) it now works. No settings were changed

• 2 weeks later...

Recently installed and i can see my media and few basic stats as i just started. However pushbullet is configured but im not getting any notifications when media is played or paused.

I do knot see anything in the logs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Same thing happening here.  Tried Pushbullet and NMA and neither sends out notifications.

Any ideas?

Should have noticed the bell icon at the notification agent settings page to the left of the service.  Once I set which notifications I wanted the came right through.

my bad

I have the bell checked and still get no pushbullet notifications.

However all my unraid couch and sickrage get to me just fine.

After lastes update push bullet works now.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having some trouble getting this to install. I can handle installing Docker containers from templates. But as this doesn't have a template I am stuck.

What are the required steps to add this container?

Thanks

If you do a search for plexpy in Community Apps, this does show up :)

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome - thanks a lot for this one! I would be grateful for some pointers on how to import my PlexWatch db. Do I need to set that up in the docker Volume Mappings? Thanks again!

edit: This is driving me nuts.

plexWatch is at 0.3.2. This is in my Docker configuration.

edit 2: I added /mnt to the Volume Mapping (trail & error) and import worked. I'm clueless ....

Volume_Mappings_1.jpg.7f7800f05d9cb3b7e5ef51a016d4d716.jpg

plexpy_succes.jpg.7b97a4b6382a81dc4dd4efd5e579d383.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I had to change IP on my unraid server today and when reinitializing the docker, I get this:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="plexpy" --net="bridge" -e PUID="99" -e PGID="100" -e TZ="America/New_York" -p 8181:8181/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/cache_only/appdata/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/":"/logs":ro -v "/mnt/cache/cache_only/appdata/plexpy/":"/config":rw linuxserver/plexpy
63ff9224a207c2dd8a5e0e0f2bcab0d09ae54c33ce8dfb88acf710596ac3d21d
Error response from daemon: Cannot start container 63ff9224a207c2dd8a5e0e0f2bcab0d09ae54c33ce8dfb88acf710596ac3d21d: Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 192.168.1.74:8181: bind: cannot assign requested address

The command failed.

192.168.1.74 is the old IP.  I don't think this is specifically a plexpy issue but I'm starting here.

I reinstalled the docker, I wiped my config directory, nothing changed.  I grepped for that IP in my config directory and in the dockerman directory, no hit.

Where is that IP coming from?

I have been looking for a way to get plex statistics, such as who has watched what, etc and this looks like a good solution but i have a bunch of questions before I install this.

I am using the limetech docker of PMS.

[*]What is the difference between this and plex watch?  Are they required to be installed together?  I'm pretty confused because it looked like some people were running both.

[*]What does installing plexpy as privileged do?  My PMS docker is checked to be privileged.

[*]I'm not sure what the path to my plex logs are.  As I said I am running the limetech docker on my cache drive.

[*]This defaults to PUID 99 / PGID 100.  I am not sure what the limetech docker runs at except that it is stated that it runs as user 99, which I am assuming is the PUID.  What does having a PGID of 100 do?

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41562.0

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I was trying to find a tool that better monitors plex users on my unraid server.

I saw this PlexPy, however, I have no idea how to get it running. Is there perhaps a step by step installation proceedure to follow to get it going.

I have never used the docker etc, so I am curious to how it all works. I wish Plex along gave more options to disable users on the fly, and or track bandwidth within the server app.

If anyone feels like they can assist me with this , it would be kind of you.

Thanks again

Hi Bombz

I love how PlexPy presents the data.  it's only monitoring though.  I believe Plex has a beta version out there with bandwidth control but I haven't really looked into it.

First step is to get the docker running.  See the Wiki here: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/UnRAID_6/Docker_Management

You should be using a cache drive with "cache-only" settings for this but if you run plex you're probably played with this already.

Second, you need a way to find the correct docker.  I strongly recommend installing the "community applications" plugin here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.0

Search for plexpy in the "app store" and add the docker.  You will need to create a config directory for your new plexPy docker and point plexpy to your plex log directory.  It's pretty straightforward once you're in the docker creation page but I can paste a screenshot if you need it.

Good luck and enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just installed this and followed the instructions, but in the docker log, all it says is:

We are now refreshing packages from apt repositorys, this *may* take a while

I've left it running for an hour and no change. When I try to connect to the docker via the web, no surprise I get a connection Refused. I deleted it and tried it again and the same thing. Can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Hi,

I just installed this and followed the instructions, but in the docker log, all it says is:

We are now refreshing packages from apt repositorys, this *may* take a while

I've left it running for an hour and no change. When I try to connect to the docker via the web, no surprise I get a connection Refused. I deleted it and tried it again and the same thing. Can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

The docker container pulls the packages required from the Ubuntu repositories, sometimes the mirrors are a bit dodgy and fail..

We know about the problem and have been looking at solutions, but at the moment all we can advise it to try again later. 

If you've stopped and started the container, it's probably worthwhile deleting the appdata folder for plexpy and the container before trying again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just updated the container after upgrading unRAID from v6.1.8 to v6.1.9 and now it has disappeared. No longer showing as installed or running.

Sounds more like a problem with docker service than an individual plexpy problem tbh.  Switch the docker tab to advanced.  Delete any orphan containers and make sure docker.img isn't full.

Just updated the container after upgrading unRAID from v6.1.8 to v6.1.9 and now it has disappeared. No longer showing as installed or running.

Do you have any spaces in the volume mappings? I am having a problem with this, could be v6.1.9 error?

Try to add the image again from "Templates-user"

Sounds more like a problem with docker service than an individual plexpy problem tbh.  Switch the docker tab to advanced.  Delete any orphan containers and make sure docker.img isn't full.

Do you have any spaces in the volume mappings? I am having a problem with this, could be v6.1.9 error?

Try to add the image again from "Templates-user"

Did all that and the image keeps coming up as orphaned. Rolled back to 6.1.8 and re-installed the docker and now everything is fine. Lost all of my stats though :'( Checked my docker backups and I did have a backup - turned out I lost a weeks worth of stats :(  I will need to change my back plan to do nightly backups of the docker images.