[Support] Linuxserver.io - Tautulli

Alright, someone explain what I'm missing here.

Totally new to Docker, and can't figure out for the life of me how to add the PlexPy docker to my unraid setup (already running Plex as a container).

I can't even figure out the first step (I'm assuming that I add another link to my docker repo list on http://tower.local/Docker  but I truthfully don't know.

My typically good google-fu is failing me here. And it doesn't help I don't know a lick of Linux.

Anyone generous enough to help?

Cheers!

1 hour ago, dmrichards26 said:

I can't even figure out the first step (I'm assuming that I add another link to my docker repo list on http://tower.local/Docker  but I truthfully don't know.

Here are all the steps you need to know about how to add apps to your server. 

1. Install the Community Applications Plugin
  2. Go to the apps tab.

Using repositories via the Docker tab is really no longer used at all.  

Edited by Squid
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an interesting issue where my libraries are duplicated in Plexpy.... example... I have two music libraries, two TV libraries.. etc. If I delete one... then both disappear. I'm not sure what is causing this behavior. Any  thoughts on how to correct this? Once they disappear, how do I get them to rescan and appear?

On 2017. 05. 24. at 2:46 PM, ridewithjoe said:

I have an interesting issue where my libraries are duplicated in Plexpy.... example... I have two music libraries, two TV libraries.. etc. If I delete one... then both disappear. I'm not sure what is causing this behavior. Any  thoughts on how to correct this? Once they disappear, how do I get them to rescan and appear?

It's a database error. I had this issue, when i changed plex containers, and the servers had different IDs, and maybe i started over, with the same library and server name, so it confused plexpy kinda.

On github there is a solution for this, the author made a link, which 'clean' your database. just search for a similiar issue desc. and look over the comments.

I hope it helps

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help me understand how to edit config.ini?  I updated the docker and now I can't login using the credentials I was using before.  I used putty to edit the config file, but every time I restart the docker, http_username always changes to "".  What can I do?  I don't mind reinstalling it, but I would like to not lose my data of all the watched movies etc..

Thanks in advance.

EDIT:  I figured it out.  Stopped plexpy and then edited config.ini

works now!

Edited by PaDadof2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm having a weird issue with PlexPy and email notifications. For some reason, my PlexPy email notifications do not have a date and time in them. I have 6 other Dockers that do email notification running on the same server, and none of them have this problem. In the attached image, you can see two test notifications, one from PlexPy and the other from SABnzbd. The SAB one has a correct time stamp and the PlexPy one does not. I don't think this is a mail server or mail client error, since I see it on multiple clients and servers (I've tested with two different mail providers). Any help would be appreciated. 

compare.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm suddenly no longer able to access the web interface for PlexPy and the log is spitting out this error over and over again every few seconds:

Unable to create the log directory. Logging to screen only.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/app/plexpy/PlexPy.py", line 260, in <module>
main()
File "/app/plexpy/PlexPy.py", line 186, in main
plexpy.initialize(config_file)
File "/app/plexpy/plexpy/__init__.py", line 129, in initialize
verbose=VERBOSE)
File "/app/plexpy/plexpy/logger.py", line 205, in initLogger
file_handler = handlers.RotatingFileHandler(filename, maxBytes=MAX_SIZE, backupCount=MAX_FILES)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/handlers.py", line 117, in __init__
BaseRotatingHandler.__init__(self, filename, mode, encoding, delay)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/handlers.py", line 64, in __init__
logging.FileHandler.__init__(self, filename, mode, encoding, delay)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 913, in __init__
StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 943, in _open
stream = open(self.baseFilename, self.mode)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/run/s6/services/plexpy/None/plexpy.log'

I've removed and reinstalled the docker and it didn't change anything. :(

3 hours ago, SelfSD said:

I'm suddenly no longer able to access the web interface for PlexPy and the log is spitting out this error over and over again every few seconds:

Unable to create the log directory. Logging to screen only.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/app/plexpy/PlexPy.py", line 260, in <module>
main()
File "/app/plexpy/PlexPy.py", line 186, in main
plexpy.initialize(config_file)
File "/app/plexpy/plexpy/__init__.py", line 129, in initialize
verbose=VERBOSE)
File "/app/plexpy/plexpy/logger.py", line 205, in initLogger
file_handler = handlers.RotatingFileHandler(filename, maxBytes=MAX_SIZE, backupCount=MAX_FILES)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/handlers.py", line 117, in __init__
BaseRotatingHandler.__init__(self, filename, mode, encoding, delay)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/handlers.py", line 64, in __init__
logging.FileHandler.__init__(self, filename, mode, encoding, delay)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 913, in __init__
StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/logging/__init__.py", line 943, in _open
stream = open(self.baseFilename, self.mode)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/run/s6/services/plexpy/None/plexpy.log'

I've removed and reinstalled the docker and it didn't change anything. :(

I'm not getting this error, but can you check the file "config.ini" in your config folder and see what the parameter "log_dir" is set to?

That's a gui setting and by default it should be "/config/logs". If different, set it to that and restart

• Upvote 1
21 hours ago, aptalca said:

I'm not getting this error, but can you check the file "config.ini" in your config folder and see what the parameter "log_dir" is set to?

That's a gui setting and by default it should be "/config/logs". If different, set it to that and restart

The log_dir was set to /opt/plexpy/logs. Setting it to /config/logs worked! Thank you very much!

Edit: Both the backup_dir and _cache_dir was also set to /opt/plexpy and not /config. I have no idea why this change happened but everything seems to be working fine now!

Edited by SelfSD
Update

Can anyone cut and paste the default Plexpy Icon URL here for me? I lost part of the string with a careless mouse click and have not been able to find the correct URL via web searches, forum searches or documentation searches. I now have the "missing icon" icon which is just a PITA for me. Thanks for the assist in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I was wanting to install the Geolite DB into this docker. Is there any special folder magic i need to do, e.g. download DB, put into correct config folder location, restart plexpy docker.

Or is it as simple as hitting the internal download button.
59e4afda42167_ScreenShot2017-10-16at21_09_25.png.0c65c1694d1aef1d2584624cbee6dee7.png

Never mind. I hit the internal download button and it stored the database in my config folder. So far all working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm very new to docker so I apologise if this is a stupid question. Where are the image files located? I like to change them up a bit. I've recently moved from a MacOS install and they were located in PlexPy/data/images. Now in the docker inside the PlexPy folder there is just the folders backups, cache, and logs.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

21 hours ago, docbrown said:

I'm very new to docker so I apologise if this is a stupid question. Where are the image files located? I like to change them up a bit. I've recently moved from a MacOS install and they were located in PlexPy/data/images. Now in the docker inside the PlexPy folder there is just the folders backups, cache, and logs.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Within the docker image itself.

/app/plexpy/data/interfaces/default/images

So any changes you make won't be persistent across updates.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 5:05 PM, saarg said:

V2 is still in beta, so not sure when that will be released. As soon as the developer moves v2 to master, this container will be updated. 

Great, thanks for the info.  Curious if there will; be a new support thread or will this thread be renamed and stay active?