[Support] Linuxserver.io - Tautulli

I was running into some issues after updating to unraid 6.4.0 so I tried to do a fresh install of plexpy i'm getting this error when i load up the web interface for the first time.

I've tried deleting the previous appdata folder and letting it recreate all the files but that doesn't seem to have done anything .

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

2018-01-14 20:49:06 - ERROR :: CP Server Thread-4 : WebUI :: /welcome : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'logging' of undefined. (welcome:202)
On 15/01/2018 at 1:55 AM, Invincible said:

I was running into some issues after updating to unraid 6.4.0 so I tried to do a fresh install of plexpy i'm getting this error when i load up the web interface for the first time.

I've tried deleting the previous appdata folder and letting it recreate all the files but that doesn't seem to have done anything .

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

2018-01-14 20:49:06 - ERROR :: CP Server Thread-4 : WebUI :: /welcome : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'logging' of undefined. (welcome:202)

Can't reproduce this on a fresh pull on v6.4.0, working fine, therefore need to post your docker run command and some full logs from the container.

Tried clearing browser cache or tried a different browser?

I've got this docker working against Plex that's running in a Windows 10 VM.

To make this work, you need to create a SMB link in UNRAID but it'll need Windows credentials with password to work without any user interaction. Create a new local/limited account in Windows which for this example I'll use "readonly" with "readonlypw" as the password. Add a network share on the "\Plex Media Server\Logs" directory and assign read only access to the new "readonly" account you created. I used "plexlogs" as the share name.

Now things are set up to create the SMB share in UNRAID. First, create a directory to host the link:

mkdir /var/log/plex

Now mount the share (replace IP to match your Windows Server, best to use a static IP)

mount -t cifs //192.168.1.xxx/plexlogs /var/log/plex --verbose -o user=readonly,password=readonlypw

That's it! Adding the mkdir & mount commands to your go file will set things up on reboot.

I have this image working with unRAID 6.4 and had it working in the previous stable release. In both cases, I have and had it working with an http root of /plexpy, using SSL behind LetsEncrypt/nginx. It took a bit of browsing information about nginx site settings and the two elements of the plexpy config. The only thing is that it works using the outside url, but not from the LAN using a local IP.

Any reason plexpy wouldn't respond to 192.168.0.3:8282/plexpy, with that IP being the correct IP and that port being the correct port. I've tried setting the host to be a few things other than 0.0.0.0, but those didn't help.

• 3 weeks later...

I have run into an issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had to give Plex docker its own IP for another project which works great but has broken Plexpy. I added the new IP of plex in the plexpy settings and if I click verify I get a check mark but plexpy can't actually communicate with plex and I get the "There was an error communicating with your Plex Server."  

19 minutes ago, captain134 said:

I have run into an issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I had to give Plex docker its own IP for another project which works great but has broken Plexpy. I added the new IP of plex in the plexpy settings and if I click verify I get a check mark but plexpy can't actually communicate with plex and I get the "There was an error communicating with your Plex Server."  

I have figured it out. Had to enable SSL. Thanks

Although I am a Windows dude ... I have my new Unraid box up and running with both binhex-plexpass and plexpy.

Great info and stats on this new server.

My question is ... I am still running my old Plex server on an existing Windows 10 box on the same network.  I can access both Plex Servers from clients.

I plan to continue to run the old Plex for a few months until all the media data is migrated from old home servers and a QNAP box to the new Unraid box.

Any chance I can run two instances of Plexpy to monitor both the Unraid Plex and the Windows Plex servers?

Maybe that is just too goofy?

Thanks for reading my henpecking.

Although I am a Windows dude ... I have my new Unraid box up and running with both binhex-plexpass and plexpy.
Great info and stats on this new server.
My question is ... I am still running my old Plex server on an existing Windows 10 box on the same network.  I can access both Plex Servers from clients.
I plan to continue to run the old Plex for a few months until all the media data is migrated from old home servers and a QNAP box to the new Unraid box.
Any chance I can run two instances of Plexpy to monitor both the Unraid Plex and the Windows Plex servers?
Maybe that is just too goofy?
Thanks for reading my henpecking.

Yes, just use a different port and appdata folder for each.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Project has been renamed from Plexpy to Tautulli.

To migrate:

1.  Stop the current plexpy container.

2.  Use Community Applications to install Tautulli, utilising your existing Plexpy appdata folder for /config.

I don't find a docker named Tautulli

3 hours ago, CHBMB said:

To migrate:

2.  Use Community Applications to install Tautulli, utilising your existing Plexpy appdata folder for /config.

Great, very easy process to migrate.  Should I leave the PlexPy docker in place, but not running or can it be removed?  

9 hours ago, CHBMB said:

To migrate:

I clicked the update prompt in the web interface for PlexPy and updated to Tautulli without hassle. It also works after a restart of the container. Are you saying the plexpy and tautulli containers are different?

7 minutes ago, Dimtar said:

I clicked the update prompt in the web interface for PlexPy and updated to Tautulli without hassle. It also works after a restart of the container. Are you saying the plexpy and tautulli containers are different?

we don't recommend updating through the webui

for instance you'd be missing a dependency that was added as part of the rebrand 

3 minutes ago, sparklyballs said:

we don't recommend updating through the webui

for instance you'd be missing a dependency that was added as part of the rebrand 

Thanks Sparky, normally I don't update through the container but a broken container wouldn't worry me in this case.

Is there something wrong with the tautilli container template? It seems like its missing the container port?

image.png.3046707f6252d30f66c92dc655c57df3.png

image.png.92b4e6e151d93eefcfc5dcc120f74db9.png

3 minutes ago, Dimtar said:

Thanks Sparky, normally I don't update through the container but a broken container wouldn't worry me in this case.

Is there something wrong with the tautilli container template? It seems like its missing the container port?

image.png.3046707f6252d30f66c92dc655c57df3.png

image.png.92b4e6e151d93eefcfc5dcc120f74db9.png

not that i'm aware of i don't use plex let alone tautulli but just going through the motions of adding it i can change the host port 

you don't want to ever change the container port as a rule anyways

2 minutes ago, sparklyballs said:

not that i'm aware of i don't use plex let alone tautulli but just going through the motions of adding it i can change the host port 

you don't want to ever change the container port as a rule anyways

For comparison this is the Sonnar container:

image.png.f7e5de24ccd8d4b2e3004d090cb3fb5c.png

I obviously don't know anything about these things but my guess is the template isn't aware the Tautulli container needs a port?

7 minutes ago, Dimtar said:

I obviously don't know anything about these things but my guess is the template isn't aware the Tautulli container needs a port?

It has nothing to do with the template, but all with the type of network.

A host + container combination is only relevant when the network type is bridge, because here port translation takes place between outer (host) and inner (container) ports.

Any other network type only works with host ports, because host and container port refer to the same thing here.

Ps. I wasn't aware that Plexpy is replaced by Tautulli, so took the oppertunity to remove Plexpy and install Tautulli. A new Tautulli installation brings up an installation wizard, which makes it very easy to configure it to the previous Plexpy set up.

Edited by bonienl