[Support] Linuxserver.io - Tautulli

Thanks so much for creating this fine Docker container.

I've been a happy user for a long time now, recently upgrading from the plexpy system to this linuxserver.io/tautulli image. A few days ago, the system has become unresponsive.

I just looked at the logs and found this:

2018-05-18 23:32:50 - INFO    :: MainThread : Checking if the database upgrades are required...
2018-05-18 23:32:50 - ERROR   :: MainThread : Can't connect to the database: disk I/O error
2018-05-18 23:32:50 - INFO    :: MainThread : Checking if configuration upgrades are required...
2018-05-18 23:32:50 - ERROR   :: MainThread : Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/app/tautulli/PlexPy.py", line 28, in <module>
    main()
  File "/app/tautulli/Tautulli.py", line 200, in main
    plexpy.initialize(config_file)
  File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/__init__.py", line 194, in initialize
    notifiers.blacklist_logger()
  File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/notifiers.py", line 612, in blacklist_logger
    db = database.MonitorDatabase()
  File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/database.py", line 123, in __init__
    self.connection.execute("PRAGMA synchronous = OFF")
OperationalError: disk I/O error

Any thoughts on how to fix the DB if it has somehow become corrupt?

Edited by bfeist
On 5/18/2018 at 11:32 PM, bfeist said:

Thanks so much for creating this fine Docker container.

I've been a happy user for a long time now, recently upgrading from the plexpy system to this linuxserver.io/tautulli image. A few days ago, the system has become unresponsive.

I just looked at the logs and found this:

2018-05-18 23:32:50 - INFO    :: MainThread : Checking if the database upgrades are required...
2018-05-18 23:32:50 - ERROR   :: MainThread : Can't connect to the database: disk I/O error
2018-05-18 23:32:50 - INFO    :: MainThread : Checking if configuration upgrades are required...
2018-05-18 23:32:50 - ERROR   :: MainThread : Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/app/tautulli/PlexPy.py", line 28, in <module>
    main()
  File "/app/tautulli/Tautulli.py", line 200, in main
    plexpy.initialize(config_file)
  File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/__init__.py", line 194, in initialize
    notifiers.blacklist_logger()
  File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/notifiers.py", line 612, in blacklist_logger
    db = database.MonitorDatabase()
  File "/app/tautulli/plexpy/database.py", line 123, in __init__
    self.connection.execute("PRAGMA synchronous = OFF")
OperationalError: disk I/O error

Any thoughts on how to fix the DB if it has somehow become corrupt?

Anyone? I even tried removing the /appdata folder and starting fresh. Immediately get the error upon startup.

18 hours ago, CHBMB said:

What's your docker run command?

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='tautulli' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8181:8181/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/Plex/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Logs/':'/logs':'ro' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/tautulli':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/tautulli'

Thanks for looking.

10 hours ago, bfeist said:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='tautulli' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8181:8181/tcp' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/Plex/Library/Application\ Support/Plex\ Media\ Server/Logs/':'/logs':'ro' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/tautulli':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/tautulli'

Thanks for looking.

You escape a few more fields than me and I use double quotes to your single quotes but I don't see significant changes.  This is mine:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="tautulli" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 8181:8181/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/cache_only/appdata/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/":"/logs":ro -v "/mnt/cache/cache_only/appdata/tautulli":"/config":rw linuxserver/tautulli

Thanks for looking.

Change your appdata from /mnt/user/ to /mnt/cache/
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi i just installed this and it is my first time using it.

I went through the setup fine. it found my server. 

i have this error on the main page

There was an error communicating with your Plex Server. Check the logs and verify your server connection in the settings.

logs are spammed with

2018-08-14 20:27:06DEBUGTautulli WebSocket :: Leaving thread.

2018-08-14 20:27:06INFORe-scheduled background task: Check for server response

2018-08-14 20:27:06ERRORTautulli WebSocket :: [Errno 113] Host is unreachable.

2018-08-14 20:27:03INFOTautulli WebSocket :: Opening websocket.

2018-08-14 20:27:03DEBUGTautulli Monitor :: Unable to read session list.

2018-08-14 20:27:03DEBUGTautulli Monitor :: Checking for active streams.

2018-08-14 20:27:03WARNINGTautulli Pmsconnect :: Unable to parse XML for get_current_activity: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getElementsByTagName'.

2018-08-14 20:27:03WARNINGFailed to access uri endpoint /status/sessions. Is your server maybe accepting SSL connections only? HTTPConnectionPool(host='192.168.1.3', port=32400): Max retries exceeded with url: /status/sessions (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x15243720b6d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 113] Host is unreachable',))

i deleted it and removed the appdata and tried it again and same issue.

what is the problems?

thanks

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

Docker run command please.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

I believe this is the docker run command. I exactly sure how where to grab the command from so I removed and recreated the container.

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='tautulli' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8181:8181/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/':'/logs':'ro' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/tautulli':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/tautulli' 
b73a2b9552815e3bd85567ba72b326a76a01bc99a4ea22be44e7ca946efb7e06

9 hours ago, RParkerMU said:

I believe this is the docker run command. I exactly sure how where to grab the command from so I removed and recreated the container.

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='tautulli' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '8181:8181/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/':'/logs':'ro' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/tautulli':'/config':'rw' 'linuxserver/tautulli' 
b73a2b9552815e3bd85567ba72b326a76a01bc99a4ea22be44e7ca946efb7e06

That looks ok.  Remove the container and image again and execute this command before reinstalling and paste the logs from the initial install.

rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/tautilli/

10 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

That looks ok.  Remove the container and image again and execute this command before reinstalling and paste the logs from the initial install.

rm -rf /mnt/user/appdata/tautilli/

I'm not sure what happened but, I rebooted my server and it started working again. I'll keep this in mind for the future.

Hi everyone.

So I have two "installs" of this container. Every Saturday my time all the dockers/containers get their latest updates and restart etc. This kills my 2nd Tautulli container and I have to "reinstall" from the saved template. I assume this is because I remove the "/logs" on the 2nd one? Its for a remote server and I cannot adccess the logs directory.

• 2 weeks later...

got an odd ball issue, so i am using the LE container and have the proxy conf correct (because it will resolve from the outside world)  i was able to set it up and seem to work fine. Obviously i did not want the word to be able to see it so in tautulli i went ahead and used a http username and http password. To password protect it.

The issue is when i try to access from the outside it will take the login but it will not display the info it goes back to the login. If i purposely put the wrong password or username it tells me its wrong.  I notice that when it loops it puts this on the address bar https://tautulli.lahoma.org/auth/login?redirect_uri=/

So i tried within my network and i used the same creds and it worked.

I cannot access it with firefox or chrome however if i used edge it works internally.....very odd

Edited by ijuarez
testing

I had Tautulli working perfectly with this container, but now I am constantly getting the below connection issues. Initially Tautulli was working great, but I was having issues with plex not detecting when I was playing streams from the LAN, so I switched the plex docker to have its own IP instead of bridge mode.  This solved the plex issue, but ever since that change, Tautulli is unable able to connect to plex.  

Everything with Plex is working fine (detecting that players are local, pinging plex locally, etc), so I feel like Plex is ready to accept any needed connections from Tautulli.  The problem is that whenever I try to specify the correct IP:Port in Tautulli, it fails to connect (10.0.0.146:32400) and i recieve this error: Server found but unable to connect websocket (I've tried with SSL enabled, and without). I've also tried the external IP and outward facing port (but I receive the same error)

Error I get in the UI: "There was an error communicating with your Plex Server. Check the logs and verify your server connection in the settings."

Apologies if i'm posting this in the wrong thread/forum 🤔

Oh and one last note, my router is running pfsense, and I had to add plex.direct to some DNS settings, so I'm wondering if maybe it's somehow related to that too?

Someone on discord helped me realize I needed to move Tautulli to its own IP as well.  After doing this, I was able to connect immediately. :)

Edited by eleazar