[Support] Linuxserver.io - Kodi-Headless

further testing with clean library with the following scenarios and results.

kodi-headless lsio version - clean library from the webui - empty database

kodi-headless sparklyballs version - clean library from the webui - empty database

both of the above - clean library from htpcmanager - empty database

second player machine in bedroom with same setup as living room player machine -- clean library -- empty database

player in living room (kodi instance i set sources on scanned library in) -- clean library -- no issues

in summary

DO NOT CLEAN LIBRARY FROM ANY MACHINE OTHER THAN THE ONE USED TO SCAN LIBRARY IN INITIALLY AND HAS THE SOURCES SET

Sounds like its not a sources.xml issue then. Pity it reeked of one.

This is perhaps OT now but I also path sub favourites. One other funky thing i do is copy the textures dbase from the central source before I start each client. This is a kludge but reduces the re downloading of artwork per client to next to nil and consequently makes it pretty safe to path sub artwork again.

Sounds like its not a sources.xml issue then. Pity it reeked of one.

This is perhaps OT now but I also path sub favourites. One other funky thing i do is copy the textures dbase from the central source before I start each client. This is a kludge but reduces the re downloading of artwork per client to next to nil and consequently makes it pretty safe to path sub artwork again.

it is, i wasn't clear perhaps.

for the tests i ran above, i took out the lines for path sub from my advancedsettings.xml..

So I switched to smb for my mounts and just copied soruces.xml to the kodi-headless and can do a library clean now without losing everything.

Did some testing on Sparkly's request this afternoon.  My shares are all in the format smb://192.168.0.1/share and i have sources.xml present in the userdata folder and this doesn't result in a library deletion.

If however sources.xml isn't present then bye bye data...  ;)

So I switched to smb for my mounts and just copied soruces.xml to the kodi-headless and can do a library clean now without losing everything.

Did some testing on Sparkly's request this afternoon.  My shares are all in the format smb://192.168.0.1/share and i have sources.xml present in the userdata folder and this doesn't result in a library deletion.

it makes sense, i dunno why i never encountered this before as i did NOT have my sources.xml ever associated with any of the previous containers.

it weird though, if I copy sources.xml to another windows cleint and do a clean library is says it cant find the source smb://ip/tv and wants to remove the path, when obviously it should be able to hit it on the network

it makes sense, i dunno why i never encountered this before as i did NOT have my sources.xml ever associated with any of the previous containers.

it weird though, if I copy sources.xml to another windows cleint and do a clean library is says it cant find the source smb://ip/tv and wants to remove the path, when obviously it should be able to hit it on the network

It's not some weird linux/windows backslash forward slack thing is it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am giving a try to Kodi-Headless.

First thing is I couldn't log in. Didn't know what user or password to use. Finally I tried xbmc/xbmc and I got in, but the interface is pretty empty and I couldn't find any settings or parameters section.

Just to be clear, I don't know Kodi.

My only goal is to connect it to some repository that streams children shows from torrent and other sources on the internet.

Can someone put me on the right track Please?

Hello,

I am giving a try to Kodi-Headless.

First thing is I couldn't log in. Didn't know what user or password to use. Finally I tried xbmc/xbmc and I got in, but the interface is pretty empty and I couldn't find any settings or parameters section.

Just to be clear, I don't know Kodi.

My only goal is to connect it to some repository that streams children shows from torrent and other sources on the internet.

Can someone put me on the right track Please?

See my reply in your other thread, as a rule try not to post the same thing in various locations.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys... Setting up a new unRAID server for a buddy of mine... If I use this initially, how do I add the sources for each category? TV, Movies, Music, Music Videos? If one cannot do a clean on one of the htpcs connected to TV, and there is no web interface, how does one execute a library clean?

Thanks,

h.

ps. Also, how do I pick which version of Kodi to use, Helix, Isengard...

Hi Guys... Setting up a new unRAID server for a buddy of mine... If I use this initially, how do I add the sources for each category? TV, Movies, Music, Music Videos? If one cannot do a clean on one of the htpcs connected to TV, and there is no web interface, how does one execute a library clean?

Thanks,

h.

Well the way I do it is setup sources on a client, then you have sources.xml and paste that into your userdata folder on Unraid.  Then I think I did the initial shared database via the client, after that it just works.

Here's my sources.xml

<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>TV Series</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/TV Series/</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Downloads</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/Downloads/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <source>
            <name>Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/Music/</path>
        </source>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>

Thanks,

h.

Well the way I do it is setup sources on a client, then you have sources.xml and paste that into your userdata folder on Unraid.  Then I think I did the initial shared database via the client, after that it just works.

Here's my sources.xml

<sources>
    <programs>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>TV Series</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/TV Series/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Downloads</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/Downloads/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <source>
            <name>Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.0.1/Music/</path>
        </source>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>

Makes sense... but you CANNOT scan the libraary after you add the source on the client. That would be the trick.  Thanks N.!  ;)