[Support] Linuxserver.io - Kodi-Headless

Opps been caught a few times being lazy this week my bad again

EDIT 3: I set the below to 2 in guisettings.xml to prevent addon updates, better now

Code: [select]

<addonupdates>2</addonupdates>

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:17:11 PM by joelones »

I do not seem to have the addonupdate in my guisettings.  Should I add it?

EDIT 3: I set the below to 2 in guisettings.xml to prevent addon updates, better now

Are you kidding me?

Makes no difference, still won't work... 

If it were that simple, we'd have fixed it, the issue is intermittent, so some people think they have fixed it, but it makes no difference....

Maybe a not should be put at the top of the OP until this gets fixed.

Yeah, not convinced anyone reads them either....  ::)

Change the title?

[bROKEN][support] Linuxserver.io - Kodi-Headless

:)

I'll ask Squid to modify CA...

Issue a pr on moderators.json in the moderator repo with what you want.  Or pm with the details of what to say

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

With Kodi continually having problems running headless (kodi's issue, not LSIO's), the easiest solution by far is to simply run a libreelec VM with 512M memory, and no passthrough.  It works perfectly with VNC, and then you also have the additional bonus of being able to easily run other scrapers instead of the stock ones.

Squid , i may be need a help on this.

i'm not able to run openelec or libreelec headless using the pre-packaged vm . I already post on this and never get answer https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48290.0

I do run Librelec or openelec using passthough GPU perfectly.

If I use the pre-packaged version , I get the mount error and if I use the johnodon method with VNC , I get error like "failed to start xorg. is your GPU supported?"

Any hint on this ?

With Kodi continually having problems running headless (kodi's issue, not LSIO's), the easiest solution by far is to simply run a libreelec VM with 512M memory, and no passthrough.  It works perfectly with VNC, and then you also have the additional bonus of being able to easily run other scrapers instead of the stock ones.

i'm not able to run openelec or libreelec headless using the pre-packaged vm . I already post on this and never get answer https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48290.0

If I use the pre-packaged version , I get the mount error and if I use the johnodon method with VNC , I get error like "failed to start xorg. is your GPU supported?"

Any hint on this ?

I get the exact same problem, when trying to passthrough, but always just wrote it off as my P.O.S. server.  But, my point in the quote was to NOT passthrough anything, as the pre-packaged versions work 100% perfectly without passthrough and use that as a "headless" install until Kodi gets around to creating their own headless option.

Any hint on this ?

I get the exact same problem, when trying to passthrough, but always just wrote it off as my P.O.S. server.  But, my point in the quote was to NOT passthrough anything, as the pre-packaged versions work 100% perfectly without passthrough and use that as a "headless" install until Kodi gets around to creating their own headless option.

my vm passtrough version is for my media room. it works perflecty.

but I was running kodi headless docker , now it's broke. I want to run a headless libreelec VM , with prepackaged version (no passthrough)  but I always get this error ;

openelec_tty.png

<domain type='kvm'>
  <name>OpenELEC</name>
  <uuid>a7e5bff4-8888-f13f-3256-d3c9dd92bdba</uuid>
  <description>OpenELEC Headless</description>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="OpenELEC" icon="openelec.png" openelec="6.0.3_1"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>524288</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>524288</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>2</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='6'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='7'/>
  </cputune>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-2.5'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/a7e5bff4-8888-f13f-3256-d3c9dd92bdba_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='1'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/disks/CT480BX200SSD1_1542F00E9079/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-unRAID.x86_64-6.0.3_1.img'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='virtio'/>
      <readonly/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x04' function='0x0'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'/>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='dmi-to-pci-bridge'>
      <model name='i82801b11-bridge'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1e' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pci-bridge'>
      <model name='pci-bridge'/>
      <target chassisNr='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>
      <source dir='/mnt/cache/appdata/OpenELEC/'/>
      <target dir='appconfig'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </filesystem>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:0a:bb:db'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x02' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target port='0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='connect'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'/>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'/>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'/>
    <graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' websocket='-1' listen='0.0.0.0'>
      <listen type='address' address='0.0.0.0'/>
    </graphics>
    <video>
      <model type='qxl' ram='65536' vram='65536' vgamem='16384' heads='1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </video>
    <memballoon model='virtio'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
</domain>

nobody never get this issue ?

Any hint on this ?

my vm passtrough version is for my media room. it works perflecty.

but I was running kodi headless docker , now it's broke. I want to run a headless libreelec VM , with prepackaged version (no passthrough)  but I always get this error ;

openelec_tty.png

<domain type='kvm'>
  <name>OpenELEC</name>
  <uuid>a7e5bff4-8888-f13f-3256-d3c9dd92bdba</uuid>
  <description>OpenELEC Headless</description>
  <metadata>
    <vmtemplate xmlns="unraid" name="OpenELEC" icon="openelec.png" openelec="6.0.3_1"/>
  </metadata>
  <memory unit='KiB'>524288</memory>
  <currentMemory unit='KiB'>524288</currentMemory>
  <memoryBacking>
    <nosharepages/>
  </memoryBacking>
  <vcpu placement='static'>2</vcpu>
  <cputune>
    <vcpupin vcpu='0' cpuset='6'/>
    <vcpupin vcpu='1' cpuset='7'/>
  </cputune>
  <os>
    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc-q35-2.5'>hvm</type>
    <loader readonly='yes' type='pflash'>/usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF_CODE-pure-efi.fd</loader>
    <nvram>/etc/libvirt/qemu/nvram/a7e5bff4-8888-f13f-3256-d3c9dd92bdba_VARS-pure-efi.fd</nvram>
  </os>
  <features>
    <acpi/>
    <apic/>
  </features>
  <cpu>
    <topology sockets='1' cores='2' threads='1'/>
  </cpu>
  <clock offset='utc'>
    <timer name='rtc' tickpolicy='catchup'/>
    <timer name='pit' tickpolicy='delay'/>
    <timer name='hpet' present='no'/>
  </clock>
  <on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
  <on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
  <on_crash>restart</on_crash>
  <devices>
    <emulator>/usr/local/sbin/qemu</emulator>
    <disk type='file' device='disk'>
      <driver name='qemu' type='raw' cache='writeback'/>
      <source file='/mnt/disks/CT480BX200SSD1_1542F00E9079/OpenELEC/OpenELEC-unRAID.x86_64-6.0.3_1.img'/>
      <target dev='hdc' bus='virtio'/>
      <readonly/>
      <boot order='1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x04' function='0x0'/>
    </disk>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-ehci1'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x7'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci1'>
      <master startport='0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci2'>
      <master startport='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x1'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='usb' index='0' model='ich9-uhci3'>
      <master startport='4'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='sata' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1f' function='0x2'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='0' model='pcie-root'/>
    <controller type='pci' index='1' model='dmi-to-pci-bridge'>
      <model name='i82801b11-bridge'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x1e' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='pci' index='2' model='pci-bridge'>
      <model name='pci-bridge'/>
      <target chassisNr='2'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <controller type='virtio-serial' index='0'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
    </controller>
    <filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>
      <source dir='/mnt/cache/appdata/OpenELEC/'/>
      <target dir='appconfig'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </filesystem>
    <interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:0a:bb:db'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <model type='virtio'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x02' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>
    <serial type='pty'>
      <target port='0'/>
    </serial>
    <console type='pty'>
      <target type='serial' port='0'/>
    </console>
    <channel type='unix'>
      <source mode='connect'/>
      <target type='virtio' name='org.qemu.guest_agent.0'/>
      <address type='virtio-serial' controller='0' bus='0' port='1'/>
    </channel>
    <input type='tablet' bus='usb'/>
    <input type='mouse' bus='ps2'/>
    <input type='keyboard' bus='ps2'/>
    <graphics type='vnc' port='-1' autoport='yes' websocket='-1' listen='0.0.0.0'>
      <listen type='address' address='0.0.0.0'/>
    </graphics>
    <video>
      <model type='qxl' ram='65536' vram='65536' vgamem='16384' heads='1'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </video>
    <memballoon model='virtio'>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x05' function='0x0'/>
    </memballoon>
  </devices>
</domain>

nobody never get this issue ?

Not sure.  Worked out of the box for me, and I'm not the VM guy around here....

Are you kidding me?

If it were that simple, we'd have fixed it, the issue is intermittent, so some people think they have fixed it, but it makes no difference....

Makes plently difference, hasn't seg faulted once since I've made the change. But as I mentioned, I did copy over the Addons20.db from my 16.1 Mac OS X install and then made the change in guisettings.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212061&page=24

Was thinking of using a Rassberry PI that I have sitting idle to replace the headless version

Do I just take the advancesettings.xml and source file from the headless UNRAID docker and plop them in the in Kodi instance?

Yes. This is what I switched to and it has been working well so far. My Unraid box's processor is apparently too old for a Libreelec VM but the pi seems like an acceptable alternative.

The advantage of a pi or VM over the headless variant (as was mentioned earlier in the thread) is the ability to easily adjust your scrapers, settings for those scrapers, etc. That is probably possible with the headless version as well but I wouldn't call it easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Was thinking of using a Rassberry PI that I have sitting idle to replace the headless version

Do I just take the advancesettings.xml and source file from the headless UNRAID docker and plop them in the in Kodi instance?

Yes. This is what I switched to and it has been working well so far. My Unraid box's processor is apparently too old for a Libreelec VM but the pi seems like an acceptable alternative.

The advantage of a pi or VM over the headless variant (as was mentioned earlier in the thread) is the ability to easily adjust your scrapers, settings for those scrapers, etc. That is probably possible with the headless version as well but I wouldn't call it easy.

I used to run a scraper on the Pi and it wasn't very reliable, it would crash if two update requests came in at the same time.

just to note, its been 8 days since I rebooted my nas after doing the upgrade (6.1.9->6.2.2).. which caused my dockers to get rebuilt.. since then I've yet to see kodi-headless segfault. thus no workaround/hack has been done.. so looks like the issue magically went away.. as both kodi and linuxserver said they havent changed anything. so maybe there was just a docker bug?

• 1 month later...

Are you kidding me?

Makes plently difference, hasn't seg faulted once since I've made the change. But as I mentioned, I did copy over the Addons20.db from my 16.1 Mac OS X install and then made the change in guisettings.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212061&page=24

Worked perfect for me! Thanks a ton.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having issues understanding what this exactly does.

How do I connect my Kodi client to it?

I am running Kodi 15 on my windows machine.

Its merely Kodi running headless for the sole purpose of pointing say CouchPotato / Sonarr to so that the headless instance can update the SQL shared library without having your HTPC's turned on.

Your HTPCs will all have the library pointed to your MySQL container.

• 5 weeks later...

Still no one that is experiencing this?

sh: 1: nmblookup: not found

libnfs error: Invalid address:. Can not resolv into IPv4/v6 structure.

libnfs error: Failed to start connection

Hi,

I get this error "libnfs error" and i cant access my NFS shares from Kodi.

Is their a way to get around this problem?

Hi,

Not that I've heard.  Post your config and I'll see if I can reproduce.

Hi,

Sounds like you are trying to use a hostname instead of IP address for the shares.

Just an FYI, you don't need to add sources.xml to kodi-headless. This is designed to take notifications from other software to update the video/audo library.

• 3 weeks later...