[Support] Linuxserver.io - Kodi-Headless

My container/docker has a Version variable setting.  It's set to 16 which is what I need as all my devices are on Jarvis.  Today I see my container/docker is running 17 (Krypton).

1) Does the Version variable no longer work?

2) How do I get back to Jarvis ?

by using

:Jarvis 

in the repository section of the template.

it's in the OP, admittedly without capitalisation of the first letter, but the github readme also documents it.

Yep, has been for a long time

How does one get an updated docker that rejects that? I followed the instructions that are listed in the docker setup screen on Unraid which still mentions Version but no mention of the me method?

Do I need to delete the docker and recreate it, or is it something that can be pushed during a weekly update?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a lot of old content which no longer exists on disk but a Library Scan shows the following errors

http://10.0.0.20:8123/jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22VideoLibrary.Scan%22}

21:43:58.909 T:140086733698816 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://10.0.0.20/video/TV/Minority Report/' does not exist - skipping scan.

21:43:58.909 T:140086733698816 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://10.0.0.20/video/TV/Power.2014.S03E02.720p.HDTV.x264/' does not exist - skipping scan.

21:43:58.909 T:140086733698816 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://10.0.0.20/video/TV/The Following/' does not exist - skipping scan.

21:43:58.910 T:140086733698816 WARNING: Process directory 'smb://10.0.0.20/video/TV/The Millers/' does not exist - skipping scan.

21:43:58.910 T:140086733698816  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:14

A Library Clean doesn't remove them

http://10.0.0.20:8123/jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22VideoLibrary.Clean%22}

I tried to start from scratch by first backing up my MySQL db and then Dropping all tables.
I already removed all existing files from  /userdata/Database

When I start the container, the tables get recreated but a Library Scan doesn't actually find anything new and the database shows nothing is added.

Am I missing something or does this docker container require an initial library scan be done on a different machine?

thanks.

11 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

I always do my initial scan on a different machine...

Same here ... usually I go into a FILE - LIST view, and can tell pretty quickly that way what was scraped in and what needs a little "help"  (manual refresh, sometimes changing the title that's searched)

Where is the Media type stored?

I tried a media scan from a different machine and reverted it back to a fresh install..

Same method as above

First backing up my MySQL db and then Dropping all tables.
Removed all existing files from  /userdata/Database

I initiated a Library Scan but it didn't find anything.

I then went to  Library / Videos / TV / (Context Menu)  / Edit Sources /  "This directory contains" was blank so I set it to   "TV Shows"

I did the same for Movies.

Now a Library Scan finds everything.

thx

17 minutes ago, surge919 said:

I then went to  Library / Videos / TV / (Context Menu)  / Edit Sources /  "This directory contains" was blank so I set it to   "TV Shows"

I did the same for Movies.

This happens on all Kodi's whether headless or not.  What's happening is that the initial scan and/or settings for the library is using a different scraper than the current instance.  Kodi headless will only use the default scraper unless you jump through major hoops to install manually the different scrapers.  Why I tend to prefer a VM just for background media scanning purposes.

1 minute ago, Squid said:

This happens on all Kodi's whether headless or not.  What's happening is that the initial scan and/or settings for the library is using a different scraper than the current instance.  Kodi headless will only use the default scraper unless you jump through major hoops to install manually the different scrapers.  Why I tend to prefer a VM just for background media scanning purposes.

What do you mean about your comment about leaving a VM for background scanning?

Once my initial scan is done will all future scans be handled correctly with just the headless running?

Just now, surge919 said:

What do you mean about your comment about leaving a VM for background scanning?

Once my initial scan is done will all future scans be handled correctly with just the headless running?

Absolutely.  I just personally hate the default scraper so I run a VM with Kodi just to handle it.

The Media type information is stored in the Table called "path"

I have a Library Scan working without first having to run the scan on a different machine.

Here are the steps with everything wiped.

First backing up the  MySQL dbs (MyMusic* and MyVideos*)  and then Dropping all tables.
Removed all existing files from  /userdata/Database

Start up Kodi Headless docker so the DBs are created (MyMusic60 and MyVideos107)

In PhpMyAdmin (or whatever your choose), go to the MyVideos107 DB and run the following SQL  (replacing with the IP address and path of your files)

INSERT INTO `path` (`idPath`, `strPath`, `strContent`, `strScraper`, `strHash`, `scanRecursive`, `useFolderNames`, `strSettings`, `noUpdate`, `exclude`, `dateAdded`, `idParentPath`) VALUES

(1, 'smb://10.0.0.20/video/Movies/', 'movies', 'metadata.themoviedb.org', NULL, 2147483647, 1, '<settings><setting id="RatingS" value="TMDb" /><setting id="certprefix" value="Rated " /><setting id="fanart" value="true" /><setting id="keeporiginaltitle" value="false" /><setting id="language" value="en" /><setting id="tmdbcertcountry" value="us" /><setting id="trailer" value="true" /></settings>', 0, 0, NULL, NULL),

(2, 'smb://10.0.0.20/video/TV/', 'tvshows', 'metadata.tvdb.com', NULL, 0, 0, '<settings><setting id="RatingS" value="TheTVDB" /><setting id="absolutenumber" value="false" /><setting id="dvdorder" value="false" /><setting id="fallback" value="true" /><setting id="fanart" value="true" /><setting id="language" value="en" /></settings>', 0, 0, NULL, NULL);

kick off the Library Update

http://10.0.0.20:8123/jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22VideoLibrary.Scan%22}

I wiped everything and repeated this a few times and it worked everytime.. YMMV

• 3 weeks later...

I currently have Kodi-Headless installed.  It's only function is to be running 24/7 to receive notifications to update the library if something has completed through another media downloading docker.

Recently, Kodi-Headless has been having issues scanning and updating when a movie is added to the source folder.

If I go to http://192.168.1.3:8080/#browser/ to view my source files, I can see the folder containing the movies including the new ones which have yet to be added/scraped.

Here is the log file:

https://pastebin.com/raw/57H84sGk

I turned on debug log and noticed that it IS searching through the tv shows directory:

04:02:12.584 T:47275985876736  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
04:02:12.584 T:47275981596416   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc
04:02:12.650 T:47275985876736   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir 'smb://TOWER/tv/Cosmos/' due to no change
04:02:12.986 T:47275985876736  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
04:02:12.986 T:47275981596416   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanFinished from xbmc

For some reason it is not scanning through the movies directory.

I tripled checked the sources.xml file as well as the web interface:

sources.xml
f93f874350df48d089cfa483a0da002f.png

Web Interface
f45d6889f00046119763773a20901b9e.png

As is seen in the above, the source has been added.  And upon clicking, the movies are visible.

From the digging I've done, I should be good to go.  But for some reason, the movie library is being overlooked.

Edited by Living Legend

How can CP handle a Kodi database scrape and update?

I see how I can send a notification to Kodi so Kodi performs the scrape.  But how can CP actually perform its own scrape and DB update?

And without this working, what other reason do you have to run a headless Kodi?

Edited by Living Legend