[Support] Linuxserver.io - Kodi-Headless

• 4 weeks later...

Nevermind, opening on a mobile shows the page differently.

I have added the leia tag to the run command already and I know it's working as the headless web interface shows updates that I've added via other clients. 

Edited by allanp81
1 hour ago, allanp81 said:

Nevermind, opening on a mobile shows the page differently.

I have added the leia tag to the run command already and I know it's working as the headless web interface shows updates that I've added via other clients. 

Then the container is working and on the right version.  You tested the settings in Sonarr/Radarr?

Yep, they both claim they were able to successfully talk to it, if I change a port etc. then they say they've failed. Worked fine with the krypton tag.

Unfortunately I can't find many logs on the docker etc. to see where it's failing. There may be a way to enable verbose logging on the docker to get more of a clue.

Edited by allanp81

OK, enabled debug logging and I get this when sending a test from sonarr/radarr/lidarr etc:

2019-05-25 16:15:11.607 T:22479361640192   DEBUG: CWebServer[8080]: request received for /jsonrpc
2019-05-25 16:15:11.621 T:22479361640192   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
2019-05-25 16:15:11.621 T:22479361640192   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Value does not match any of the enum values in type

• 1 month later...

Is this still the only method (whether it's working or not?) of having a headless sql database on unraid?  I dont believe I ever got this fully setup months ago, and had a headache of a time trying to.  I'd still love to get my 2 NUC's linked together with a mysql rather than just trakt watched status sync across.

I remember trying to put this together with the advancedsettings and sources xml files, along with maraidb and this docker, kodi displayed as headless off unraid, but I could never get anything to properly sync to the other NAS.  Is there a better method of headless these days?  Doesn't seem this thread is active anymore or I would presume this was the go to.

10 minutes ago, magiin83 said:

Is this still the only method (whether it's working or not?) of having a headless sql database on unraid?  I dont believe I ever got this fully setup months ago, and had a headache of a time trying to.  I'd still love to get my 2 NUC's linked together with a mysql rather than just trakt watched status sync across.

I remember trying to put this together with the advancedsettings and sources xml files, along with maraidb and this docker, kodi displayed as headless off unraid, but I could never get anything to properly sync to the other NAS.  Is there a better method of headless these days?  Doesn't seem this thread is active anymore or I would presume this was the go to.

I gave up trying to get the headless docker to co-operate and ended up running Ubuntu in a VM to run a master Kodi client to do all the scanning etc

2 hours ago, richardsim7 said:

I gave up trying to get the headless docker to co-operate and ended up running Ubuntu in a VM to run a master Kodi client to do all the scanning etc

Yeah that's definitely way more than I'm trying to attempt to get this running, but I appreciate the info.  I'll just stick with trakt for sync watched and deal with fast forwarding or whatever if I switch NUC's in different rooms when watching something mid-way.

17 hours ago, magiin83 said:

Yeah that's definitely way more than I'm trying to attempt to get this running, but I appreciate the info.  I'll just stick with trakt for sync watched and deal with fast forwarding or whatever if I switch NUC's in different rooms when watching something mid-way. 

Fairly sure Trakt keeps an eye on times too

I am at a complete loss as to how to get Kodi-headless working... Here is what I have done so far:

1. install the docker

2. install mariadb and create user/pass

3. configure advancedsettings.xml on the headless server with IP/Port/user/pass on the docker

4. copy over sources.xml from kodi client to the kodi server

5. enter headless IP/Port/user/pass in kodi clent advancedsettings.xml

5. restart the docker.....

Nothing happens.... what did i miss? how is everyone getting this to work?

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2019 at 3:13 PM, smaka510 said:

I am at a complete loss as to how to get Kodi-headless working... Here is what I have done so far:

1. install the docker

2. install mariadb and create user/pass

3. configure advancedsettings.xml on the headless server with IP/Port/user/pass on the docker

4. copy over sources.xml from kodi client to the kodi server

5. enter headless IP/Port/user/pass in kodi clent advancedsettings.xml

5. restart the docker.....

Nothing happens.... what did i miss? how is everyone getting this to work?

Did you sort this out? Any tips?

• 2 weeks later...