Jump to content
linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Kodi-Headless

582 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

So is there any chance we can manually update this to a nightly build?  I've been tinkering with a few of Milhouse's builds for LibreELEC which are on 18.0 now, and a different DB structure.

 

I can't seem to find access to an Update folder through the command line in the docker.  I'm assuming this is on purpose.

These run so well in the background I forgot all about updating them, now that I've moved to v18 for various reasons.  Probably explains some video database problems I've been having

 

I've disabled for now, but I've love to get a V18 version as well for the newer video database format

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

So is there any chance we can manually update this to a nightly build?  I've been tinkering with a few of Milhouse's builds for LibreELEC which are on 18.0 now, and a different DB structure.

 

I can't seem to find access to an Update folder through the command line in the docker.  I'm assuming this is on purpose.

 

 

you're confusing libreelec with this docker , there is no update folder because that is a Libreelec routine pure and simple.

 

this headless docker has to be compiled from a patched version of the source code to run without window environment 

 

Leia is purely development at the moment and not entertaining doing builds for headless docker.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sparklyballs said:

 

 

you're confusing libreelec with this docker , there is no update folder because that is a Libreelec routine pure and simple.

 

this headless docker has to be compiled from a patched version of the source code to run without window environment 

 

Leia is purely development at the moment and not entertaining doing builds for headless docker.

 

Ah yes, this is true.  Completely forgot this is not LibreELEC

Share this post


Link to post

Hello guys,

 

I have been trying to configure this for the past two days now. I am not able to see my media in the web client ( i know you mentioned not to use the web client). Im only using the web client to make sure the media is there but it is not pulling. I nuked and paved and installed mariadb and received access denied errors. I did make a kodi user and give them access to MyVideos%. When i googled that, they said it was an issue with mariadb. so i ripped that out and installed mysql. I checked the kodi.log and nothing is happening it seems; my media is still not showing up. I did create a sources.xml and editted the advancedsettings.xml. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

 

17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Starting Kodi (17.4 Git:20170922-nogitfound). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x64 build
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Kodi compiled Sep 22 2017 by GCC 5.4.0 for Linux x86 64-bit version 4.4.83 (263251)
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Running on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.9.30-unRAID
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: FFmpeg version/source: ffmpeg-3.1-kodi
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Host CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5320 @ 1.86GHz, 8 cores available
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: /usr/share/kodi
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: /usr/lib/kodi
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://xbmcbinaddons/ is mapped to: /usr/lib/kodi/addons
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: /config/.kodi/userdata
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://envhome/ is mapped to: /config
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: /config/.kodi
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: /config/.kodi/temp
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://logpath/ is mapped to: /config/.kodi/temp
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: The executable running is: /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Local hostname: fe514aecaeb1
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Log File is located: /config/.kodi/temp//kodi.log
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
17:29:24.262 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: load settings...
17:29:24.277 T:47019605679040 WARNING: CSettingInt: unknown options filler "audiocdactions" of "audiocds.autoaction"
17:29:24.282 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 4
17:29:25.782 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 3
17:29:27.282 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 2
17:29:28.782 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 1
17:29:30.282 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Found 0 Lists of Devices
17:29:30.283 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 4
17:29:31.783 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 3
17:29:33.283 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 2
17:29:34.783 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 1
17:29:36.283 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Found 0 Lists of Devices
17:29:36.288 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
17:29:36.288 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <!--
                                            #####################################################
                                            # For more information on the settings available in #
                                            # this file, refer to the kodi wiki at              #
                                            # http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml        #
                                            #####################################################
                                            -->
                                              <videodatabase>
                                                <type>mysql</type>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <host>192.168.1.x</host>
                                                <!-- change this to the IP address of your mysql/mariadb server  -->
                                                <port>3306</port>
                                                <!-- change this to the port of your mysql/mariadb server  -->
                                                <user>kodi</user>
                                                <!-- change this to the user for your database, not root  -->
                                                <pass>*****</pass>
                                                <!-- change this to the password for your database -->
                                              </videodatabase>
                                              <musicdatabase>
                                                <type>mysql</type>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <host>192.168.1.x</host>
                                                <!-- change this to the IP address of your mysql/mariadb server  -->
                                                <port>3306</port>
                                                <!-- change this to the port of your mysql/mariadb server  -->
                                                <user>kodi</user>
                                                <!-- change this to the user for your database, not root  -->
                                                <pass>*****</pass>
                                                <!-- change this to the password for your database -->
                                              </musicdatabase>
                                              <services>
                                                <devicename>KODI Server</devicename>
                                                <esallinterfaces>true</esallinterfaces>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <escontinuousdelay>25</escontinuousdelay>
                                                <esenabled>true</esenabled>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <esinitialdelay>750</esinitialdelay>
                                                <esmaxclients>20</esmaxclients>
                                                <esport>9777</esport>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <esportrange>10</esportrange>
                                                <upnpannounce>true</upnpannounce>
                                                <upnprenderer>false</upnprenderer>
                                                <upnpserver>true</upnpserver>
                                                <webserver>true</webserver>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <webserverpassword>kodi</webserverpassword>
                                                <webserverport>8080</webserverport>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <webserverusername>kodi</webserverusername>
                                                <webskin>webinterface.default</webskin>
                                                <zeroconf>true</zeroconf>
                                              </services>
                                              <videolibrary>
                                                <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
                                                <!-- import previously exported resume point from .nfo files -->
                                                <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
                                                <!-- import previously exported playdate and playcount from .nfo files -->
                                                <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
                                                <dateadded>1</dateadded>
                                                <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
                                                                          1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
                                                                          2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->
                                              </videolibrary>
                                              <musiclibrary>
                                                <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                              </musiclibrary>
                                              <videoscanner>
                                                <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
                                                <!-- Set to true to silently ignore errors while scanning videos. This prevents the error dialogue box, so you don't have to keep hitting "yes" to keep scanning.-->
                                              </videoscanner>
                                              <splash>false</splash>
                                              <bginfoloadermaxthreads>2</bginfoloadermaxthreads>
                                              <myvideos>
                                                <extractflags>false</extractflags>
                                                <extractthumb>false</extractthumb>
                                              </myvideos>
                                              <lookandfeel>
                                                <enablerssfeeds>false</enablerssfeeds>
                                              </lookandfeel>
                                              <audiooutput>
                                                <guisoundmode>0</guisoundmode>
                                                <ac3passthrough>false</ac3passthrough>
                                                <dtspassthrough>false</dtspassthrough>
                                                <multichannellpcm>false</multichannellpcm>
                                                <truehdpassthrough>false</truehdpassthrough>
                                                <dtshdpassthrough>false</dtshdpassthrough>
                                                <mode>2</mode>
                                              </audiooutput>
                                              <videoscreen>
                                                <vsync>2</vsync>
                                              </videoscreen>
                                              <input>
                                                <enablemouse>false</enablemouse>
                                                <remoteaskeyboard>false</remoteaskeyboard>
                                              </input>
                                              <general>
                                                <addonnotifications>false</addonnotifications>
                                              </general>
                                              <skinsettings>
                                                <setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.FirstTimeRun">false</setting>
                                              </skinsettings>
                                            </advancedsettings>
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Default Video Player: VideoPlayer
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: CMediaSourceSettings: loading media sources from special://masterprofile/sources.xml
17:29:36.290 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
17:29:36.290 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration
17:29:36.290 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
17:29:36.290 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
21:29:36.298 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Running database version Addons27
21:29:36.379 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmc.org
21:29:36.381 T:47020063168256  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 4
21:29:37.881 T:47020063168256  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 3
21:29:39.381 T:47020063168256  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 2
21:29:40.882 T:47020063168256  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 1
21:29:42.382 T:47020063168256  NOTICE: Found 0 Lists of Devices
21:29:42.398 T:47020063168256 WARNING: ActiveAE::Configure - sink returned large buffer of 249 ms, reducing to 100 ms
21:29:42.524 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version Addons27
21:29:42.525 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes6
21:29:42.527 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
21:29:42.583 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version MyMusic60
21:29:42.588 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version MyVideos107
21:29:42.589 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version TV29
21:29:42.592 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version Epg11
21:29:42.609 T:47019605679040 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
21:29:42.642 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: initialize done
21:29:42.642 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Running the application...
21:29:42.644 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: CWebServer[8080]: Started
21:29:42.644 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: starting upnp client
21:29:42.645 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: starting upnp server
21:29:42.648 T:47020779792128  NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on port 9777
21:29:42.650 T:47020779792128  NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777 (ipv6 : false)
21:38:43.545 T:47020798437120  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
21:38:43.545 T:47020798437120  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, cpom1 said:

Hello guys,

 

I have been trying to configure this for the past two days now. I am not able to see my media in the web client ( i know you mentioned not to use the web client). Im only using the web client to make sure the media is there but it is not pulling. I nuked and paved and installed mariadb and received access denied errors. I did make a kodi user and give them access to MyVideos%. When i googled that, they said it was an issue with mariadb. so i ripped that out and installed mysql. I checked the kodi.log and nothing is happening it seems; my media is still not showing up. I did create a sources.xml and editted the advancedsettings.xml. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

 

17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Starting Kodi (17.4 Git:20170922-nogitfound). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x64 build
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Kodi compiled Sep 22 2017 by GCC 5.4.0 for Linux x86 64-bit version 4.4.83 (263251)
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Running on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, kernel: Linux x86 64-bit version 4.9.30-unRAID
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: FFmpeg version/source: ffmpeg-3.1-kodi
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Host CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5320 @ 1.86GHz, 8 cores available
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: /usr/share/kodi
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: /usr/lib/kodi
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://xbmcbinaddons/ is mapped to: /usr/lib/kodi/addons
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: /config/.kodi/userdata
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://envhome/ is mapped to: /config
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: /config/.kodi
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: /config/.kodi/temp
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://logpath/ is mapped to: /config/.kodi/temp
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: The executable running is: /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Local hostname: fe514aecaeb1
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Log File is located: /config/.kodi/temp//kodi.log
17:29:24.259 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: -----------------------------------------------------------------------
17:29:24.262 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: load settings...
17:29:24.277 T:47019605679040 WARNING: CSettingInt: unknown options filler "audiocdactions" of "audiocds.autoaction"
17:29:24.282 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 4
17:29:25.782 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 3
17:29:27.282 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 2
17:29:28.782 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 1
17:29:30.282 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Found 0 Lists of Devices
17:29:30.283 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 4
17:29:31.783 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 3
17:29:33.283 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 2
17:29:34.783 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 1
17:29:36.283 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Found 0 Lists of Devices
17:29:36.288 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
17:29:36.288 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <!--
                                            #####################################################
                                            # For more information on the settings available in #
                                            # this file, refer to the kodi wiki at              #
                                            # http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml        #
                                            #####################################################
                                            -->
                                              <videodatabase>
                                                <type>mysql</type>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <host>192.168.1.x</host>
                                                <!-- change this to the IP address of your mysql/mariadb server  -->
                                                <port>3306</port>
                                                <!-- change this to the port of your mysql/mariadb server  -->
                                                <user>kodi</user>
                                                <!-- change this to the user for your database, not root  -->
                                                <pass>*****</pass>
                                                <!-- change this to the password for your database -->
                                              </videodatabase>
                                              <musicdatabase>
                                                <type>mysql</type>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <host>192.168.1.x</host>
                                                <!-- change this to the IP address of your mysql/mariadb server  -->
                                                <port>3306</port>
                                                <!-- change this to the port of your mysql/mariadb server  -->
                                                <user>kodi</user>
                                                <!-- change this to the user for your database, not root  -->
                                                <pass>*****</pass>
                                                <!-- change this to the password for your database -->
                                              </musicdatabase>
                                              <services>
                                                <devicename>KODI Server</devicename>
                                                <esallinterfaces>true</esallinterfaces>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <escontinuousdelay>25</escontinuousdelay>
                                                <esenabled>true</esenabled>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <esinitialdelay>750</esinitialdelay>
                                                <esmaxclients>20</esmaxclients>
                                                <esport>9777</esport>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <esportrange>10</esportrange>
                                                <upnpannounce>true</upnpannounce>
                                                <upnprenderer>false</upnprenderer>
                                                <upnpserver>true</upnpserver>
                                                <webserver>true</webserver>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <webserverpassword>kodi</webserverpassword>
                                                <webserverport>8080</webserverport>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                                <webserverusername>kodi</webserverusername>
                                                <webskin>webinterface.default</webskin>
                                                <zeroconf>true</zeroconf>
                                              </services>
                                              <videolibrary>
                                                <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
                                                <!-- import previously exported resume point from .nfo files -->
                                                <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
                                                <!-- import previously exported playdate and playcount from .nfo files -->
                                                <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
                                                <dateadded>1</dateadded>
                                                <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
                                                                          1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
                                                                          2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->
                                              </videolibrary>
                                              <musiclibrary>
                                                <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
                                                <!-- don't change this value -->
                                              </musiclibrary>
                                              <videoscanner>
                                                <ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
                                                <!-- Set to true to silently ignore errors while scanning videos. This prevents the error dialogue box, so you don't have to keep hitting "yes" to keep scanning.-->
                                              </videoscanner>
                                              <splash>false</splash>
                                              <bginfoloadermaxthreads>2</bginfoloadermaxthreads>
                                              <myvideos>
                                                <extractflags>false</extractflags>
                                                <extractthumb>false</extractthumb>
                                              </myvideos>
                                              <lookandfeel>
                                                <enablerssfeeds>false</enablerssfeeds>
                                              </lookandfeel>
                                              <audiooutput>
                                                <guisoundmode>0</guisoundmode>
                                                <ac3passthrough>false</ac3passthrough>
                                                <dtspassthrough>false</dtspassthrough>
                                                <multichannellpcm>false</multichannellpcm>
                                                <truehdpassthrough>false</truehdpassthrough>
                                                <dtshdpassthrough>false</dtshdpassthrough>
                                                <mode>2</mode>
                                              </audiooutput>
                                              <videoscreen>
                                                <vsync>2</vsync>
                                              </videoscreen>
                                              <input>
                                                <enablemouse>false</enablemouse>
                                                <remoteaskeyboard>false</remoteaskeyboard>
                                              </input>
                                              <general>
                                                <addonnotifications>false</addonnotifications>
                                              </general>
                                              <skinsettings>
                                                <setting type="bool" name="skin.confluence.FirstTimeRun">false</setting>
                                              </skinsettings>
                                            </advancedsettings>
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040 WARNING: VIDEO database configuration is experimental.
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Default Video Player: VideoPlayer
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Log level changed to "LOG_LEVEL_NORMAL"
17:29:36.289 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: CMediaSourceSettings: loading media sources from special://masterprofile/sources.xml
17:29:36.290 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://xbmc/system/playercorefactory.xml.
17:29:36.290 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Loaded playercorefactory configuration
17:29:36.290 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Loading player core factory settings from special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml.
17:29:36.290 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/playercorefactory.xml does not exist. Skipping.
21:29:36.298 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Running database version Addons27
21:29:36.379 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.xbmc.org
21:29:36.381 T:47020063168256  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 4
21:29:37.881 T:47020063168256  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 3
21:29:39.381 T:47020063168256  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 2
21:29:40.882 T:47020063168256  NOTICE: No Devices found - retry: 1
21:29:42.382 T:47020063168256  NOTICE: Found 0 Lists of Devices
21:29:42.398 T:47020063168256 WARNING: ActiveAE::Configure - sink returned large buffer of 249 ms, reducing to 100 ms
21:29:42.524 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version Addons27
21:29:42.525 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version ViewModes6
21:29:42.527 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version Textures13
21:29:42.583 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version MyMusic60
21:29:42.588 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version MyVideos107
21:29:42.589 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version TV29
21:29:42.592 T:47020061067008  NOTICE: Running database version Epg11
21:29:42.609 T:47019605679040 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
21:29:42.642 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: initialize done
21:29:42.642 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: Running the application...
21:29:42.644 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: CWebServer[8080]: Started
21:29:42.644 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: starting upnp client
21:29:42.645 T:47019605679040  NOTICE: starting upnp server
21:29:42.648 T:47020779792128  NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on port 9777
21:29:42.650 T:47020779792128  NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777 (ipv6 : false)
21:38:43.545 T:47020798437120  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
21:38:43.545 T:47020798437120  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
 

I found the easiest way to do this was:

 

  1. setup Mariadb with the default root user
  2. download mySQL workbench and connect as root
  3. setup new kodi user and tick all the boxes for 'Administrative Roles'
  4. setup your sources.xml file
  5. setup your advancedsettings.xml to use the mariadb database and new kodi user account
  6. scan all your files on one machine FULLY before copying the sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml to other machines.  This can be the headless docker or another machine
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>172.30.12.2</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
    <name>Video_MariaDB</name>
  </videodatabase>

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, DZMM said:

I found the easiest way to do this was:

 

  1. setup Mariadb with the default root user
  2. download mySQL workbench and connect as root
  3. setup new kodi user and tick all the boxes for 'Administrative Roles'
  4. setup your sources.xml file
  5. setup your advancedsettings.xml to use the mariadb database and new kodi user account
  6. scan all your files on one machine FULLY before copying the sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml to other machines.  This can be the headless docker or another machine

  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>172.30.12.2</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>
    <name>Video_MariaDB</name>
  </videodatabase>

 

thanks. appreciate this. looks like it was working; just wasnt populating in the movies and tv shows section. im using port 8180 instead of 8080 for the webserver but the file says to not change that value; does that matter? 

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, cpom1 said:

thanks. appreciate this. looks like it was working; just wasnt populating in the movies and tv shows section. im using port 8180 instead of 8080 for the webserver but the file says to not change that value; does that matter? 

Don't think so - just double-check all the ports match

Share this post


Link to post

Hello

 

Really appreciate all the work making is work :0

 

I wanted to inquire about Movie sets.  It seems that my movies are being updated in recently added and to my library but my sets do not seem to update when a new movie is added

 

Any suggestions here?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, snuffy47 said:

Hello

 

Really appreciate all the work making is work :0

 

I wanted to inquire about Movie sets.  It seems that my movies are being updated in recently added and to my library but my sets do not seem to update when a new movie is added

 

Any suggestions here?

I used to have this problem.  What fixed it was letting only kodi handle the metadata - no .NFO file from radarr, CP etc in the movie folder and making sure folder names are just movie name (year).  This also solved the problem I was having with movie years always being wrong e.g a 2010 movie coming up as 1923

Share this post


Link to post

Hi - has anyone already patched the trakt addon to work headless?

 

Before I go all in I wanted to see if anyone already made the effort to remove all gui elements?

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, steini84 said:

Hi - has anyone already patched the trakt addon to work headless?

 

Before I go all in I wanted to see if anyone already made the effort to remove all gui elements?

If you manage to get this working I'd love to know how, so I can get trakt and artwork beef working. 

 

I'm currently running kodi on one of my VMs as I'm running Leia builds so sonarr etc can ping it and so trakt and artwork beef work.  If I can get my add-ons working I can return to the headless version once v18 is supported

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, steini84 said:

Hi - has anyone already patched the trakt addon to work headless?

 

Before I go all in I wanted to see if anyone already made the effort to remove all gui elements?

 

20 hours ago, DZMM said:

If you manage to get this working I'd love to know how, so I can get trakt and artwork beef working. 

 

I'm currently running kodi on one of my VMs as I'm running Leia builds so sonarr etc can ping it and so trakt and artwork beef work.  If I can get my add-ons working I can return to the headless version once v18 is supported

To get trakt working with kodi-headless, create/setup a kodi profile on a normal install and copy the contents of the profile over to kodi-headless.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, j0nnymoe said:

 

To get trakt working with kodi-headless, create/setup a kodi profile on a normal install and copy the contents of the profile over to kodi-headless.

Is it really that simple to get add-ons to work?  You just copy the userdata and addon_data folders? I'll give this a go tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, DZMM said:

Is it really that simple to get add-ons to work?  You just copy the userdata and addon_data folders? I'll give this a go tonight

Yep. When I setup mine, I started a fresh container > copied fresh profile to my windows kodi install > loaded up kodi and configured > copied back to kodi-headless.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DZMM said:

Is it really that simple to get add-ons to work?  You just copy the userdata and addon_data folders? I'll give this a go tonight

At least for Trakt you need a patched version of the addon that removes all gui elements.

Attached is something that works for me

script.trakt-patched.zip

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/30/2016 at 10:23 PM, Squid said:

IMO much easier to set up a libreelec VM and have zero issues rather than banging my head against the wall.  Just some more overhead in RAM required (512M)

 

I am hesitating between trying to get the docker or the LE VM to work. Is @Squid's recommendation still unchanged to go with a VM? My issue with the VM is that it has not been seeing recent update for the LE headless image and that it freezes when running for some time. While I don't mind the RAM overhead, I do mind that I need to assign a CPU core. Curious why you didn't mention this?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, steve1977 said:

 

I am hesitating between trying to get the docker or the LE VM to work. Is @Squid's recommendation still unchanged to go with a VM? My issue with the VM is that it has not been seeing recent update for the LE headless image and that it freezes when running for some time. While I don't mind the RAM overhead, I do mind that I need to assign a CPU core. Curious why you didn't mention this?

No where does it say you must assign a CPU core dedicated to any VM.  Core pinning is for those desiring to gain the absolute best performance from a VM under all circumstances.  My systems I never pinned a core specifically for the VM and excluded unRaid from utilizing it.  Kodi itself runs on an ARM if need be.  The VM is an alternative to the kodi-headless container which has none of the PITA issues with it.  Of course if your hardware supports it you could also throw a video card at it and use it as a real HTPC.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for your immediate reply.

 

I wasn't aware. I don't need to assign any core to VMs? I.e., not ticking any box when setting up the docker? I also do have one gaming VM. I noticed very visible performance differences when assigning 1, 2 or 4 cores. Would not assigning any core make things more flexible and actually better than assigning just 2 cores (i.e., using maximum number of cores if available)?

 

Let me focus on LE VM (without passthrough) then instead of docker, which indeeed may be easier for me. Fingers crossed the LE VM image for Unraid will eventually see some update. It feels abundant now.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, steve1977 said:

I wasn't aware. I don't need to assign any core to VMs? I.e., not ticking any box when setting up the docker? I also do have one gaming VM. I noticed very visible performance differences when assigning 1, 2 or 4 cores. Would not assigning any core make things more flexible and actually better than assigning just 2 cores (i.e., using maximum number of cores if available)?

 

By not assigning a core I meant not having that core excluded from other VM's or unRaid itself being able to use it.  You still have to have at least a single core checked off in the VM properties.

 

You have to play around with excluding cores available to unRaid (check out the core pinning threads / videos in the KVM threads) to find the best performance for your gaming VM

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, very clear. I posted in a separate thread regarding core allocations.

 

Coming back to my other question: anyone else experiencing the issue that LE VM "freezes" frequently. I can still open the VM GUI, but can no longer move between the menus. It shows the Kodi GUI, but that's it and no action possible.

Share this post


Link to post

Has anybody figured out a way to put this docker on a separate IP address in 6.4 and still have access to the smb shares?

 

From what I remember, when you initiate a database scan (once you've added a source/path) it connects via smb on the unRAID IP (as all entries are stored in the mariandb for kodi as smb:// paths). More so, when sonarr sends an update (new episode added) request, it needs access to the meta data file stored on the smb share.

 

Unless I'm missing something the kodi-headless docker needs access to the unRAID IP for smb shares? If someone knows better, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by joelones

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/20/2018 at 2:16 AM, joelones said:

Has anybody figured out a way to put this docker on a separate IP address in 6.4 and still have access to the smb shares?

 

From what I remember, when you initiate a database scan (once you've added a source/path) it connects via smb on the unRAID IP (as all entries are stored in the mariandb for kodi as smb:// paths). More so, when sonarr sends an update (new episode added) request, it needs access to the meta data file stored on the smb share.

 

Unless I'm missing something the kodi-headless docker needs access to the unRAID IP for smb shares? If someone knows better, please correct me if I'm wrong.

 

For people with the kodi/nzbget/medusaa/radarr etc ecosystem, has anyone worked out what can be on a separate docker ip and what will be tough? 

 

I'm assuming anything that needs the smb access will have problems, i.e. headless-Kodi.  The other tools like nzbget, medussa, sonar, radar, transmission, MariaDB etc should be ok because they either talk to each other via ip:port and/or read/write from the unraid server via mounts inside the container.

 

Is that the correct understanding ?

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, 7361234123 said:

Stupid question.  What's the time interval of the library scans, and how can you configure the watchdog service?  Thanks in advanced!

Point of this container is to configure Sonarr / Radarr to send the signal to it to rescan / update the library upon a completion of a download.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.