[Support] Linuxserver.io - SABnzbd

Any help on this error?  I ran into on the Binhex docker, and seeing it similarly when setting up this one.  Things were working well for years, then it broke.  Like many Unraid things - maybe I broke it somehow!

If i do a clean install, it works for a while...but then eventually fails and presents this error:

[14/Mar/2022:16:10:15] HTTP 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 638, in respond
    self._do_respond(path_info)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 697, in _do_respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 223, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 54, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 171, in internal_wrap
    return wrap_func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 460, in api
    return api_handler(kwargs)
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/api.py", line 99, in api_handler
    response = _api_table.get(mode, (_api_undefined, 2))[0](name, kwargs)
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/api.py", line 473, in _api_status
    return _api_status_table.get(name, (_api_fullstatus, 2))[0](value, kwargs)
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/api.py", line 464, in _api_fullstatus
    status = build_status(
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/api.py", line 1339, in build_status
    info["localipv4"] = localipv4()
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/getipaddress.py", line 79, in localipv4
    s_ipv4.connect(("10.255.255.255", 80))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/socks.py", line 47, in wrapper
    return function(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/socks.py", line 749, in connect
    self.bind(("", 0))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/socks.py", line 350, in bind
    self._proxyconn.connect(proxy)
TypeError: str, bytes or bytearray expected, not NoneType

ERROR 6 hours ago [14/Mar/2022:16:09:50] HTTP 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 638, in respond
    self._do_respond(path_info)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 697, in _do_respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 223, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 54, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 171, in internal_wrap
    return wrap_func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 460, in api
    return api_handler(kwargs)
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/api.py", line 99, in api_handler
    response = _api_table.get(mode, (_api_undefined, 2))[0](name, kwargs)
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/api.py", line 473, in _api_status
    return _api_status_table.get(name, (_api_fullstatus, 2))[0](value, kwargs)
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/api.py", line 464, in _api_fullstatus
    status = build_status(
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/api.py", line 1339, in build_status
    info["localipv4"] = localipv4()
  File "/app/sabnzbd/sabnzbd/getipaddress.py", line 79, in localipv4
    s_ipv4.connect(("10.255.255.255", 80))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/socks.py", line 47, in wrapper
    return function(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/socks.py", line 749, in connect
    self.bind(("", 0))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/socks.py", line 350, in bind
    self._proxyconn.connect(proxy)
TypeError: str, bytes or bytearray expected, not NoneType

• 2 months later...

After upgrading to Unraid 6.10 I am getting permissions errors on the docker config file.  If I need to change this, what should it be set to?

Fatal error:
  "/config/sabnzbd.ini" is not a valid configuration file<br>Error message: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/config/sabnzbd.ini'
Specify a correct file or delete this file.

Perms on config.

I assume it means this config file (/mnt/user/appdata/sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini)

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 8.06.49 PM.png

Edited by pish180
More Context

Messing with it a bit.  I had to set the sabnzbd.ini to 655 to get it working.   I was watching the log and there were other permissions issues. 

I had to change the admin/rss_data.sab to 666
Then it complained about can't Write to "History database" Which is (also at the default) set to 644.  I'm guessing there is going to be more with the current trend.  I recently upgraded both the SAB container and Unraid to 6.10.2 from 6.9.2 so I'm not sure what update broke it/updated perms.

Anyone else having this issue?  

If anyone is having this issue I think I resolved it.  Not very hard but did require time and tinkering.

You will need to open a console to the UnRaid server and everything will be done under /mnt/user/appdata/

1. First try and get Sab to boot so you can get to the config settings menu screen.  I had to chmod 655 the sabnzbd.ini file.  Do this from the console (mentioned above).  This file will be sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini
  2. Restart the container once you do this from the Unraid UI. 
  3. Go to the settings menu within Sab and backup your Sab settings.  It's at the bottom and says "download backup".  You should now have a sabnzbd-config.zip file on your local computer.
  4. Stop the Sab container
  5. From the console mv the sabnzbd folder to sabnzbd2 (just so you have the orig) (basically just renaming it).
  6. Start Sab container (This is going to cause the container to rebuild the files). 
  7. If you had https it likely won't work so navigate to your http port.  Mine was 8080.
  8. You should see a Sab setup wizard screen with an option at the bottom to import a config.
  9. Import the config. 
  10. Save settings, Restart Docker.
  11. Test to ensure everything works. (Mine changed internal docker IP so I had to update Radarr, Sonarr, Lidarr, etc).  Once I did this no more errors in my Sab docker logs.

I noticed that after docker rebuild everything that nothing is root anymore in the sab folders.  Confirmed this with an ls -al in both sabnzbd (after this process) and compared it to sabnzbd2 (folder that I backedup).  Everything is set to nobody users.  I'd image another fix would be to just reset all the perms from root root to nobody users may fix the issue.  However I think having it fix it all was a better option. 

Hopefully this helps someone.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Updated to the latest version and getting errors when running nzbToSickBeard.py after a fetch.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/config/nzbToMedia/nzbToSickBeard.py", line 270, in <module>
import nzbToMedia
File "/config/nzbToMedia/nzbToMedia.py", line 727, in <module>
eol.check()
File "/config/nzbToMedia/eol.py", line 100, in check
warn_for_status(version, grace_period)
File "/config/nzbToMedia/eol.py", line 141, in warn_for_status
days_left = lifetime(version)
File "/config/nzbToMedia/eol.py", line 71, in lifetime
time_left = PYTHON_EOL[(major, minor)] - now
KeyError: (3, 10)

Looks like new version of python is not yet supported?

Rolled back to older version and things are working again.

• 1 month later...

Couldn't figure out why downloads wouldn't save to location I set in configuration and instead only saved to container.

The docker config is wrong. (as are so many in Unraid).

The docker config is set to /downloads and /incomplete-downloads but SABnzbd default download location is /config/Downloads/complete and /config/Downloads/incomplete.

So you have to go into SABnzbd settings and change folder paths to match docker config, or edit the default docker config paths.  Then the folder paths you set for outside the container will work.

It sure would be nice for whomever does these, to at least match the defaults so we don't have to spend so much time trying to figure out why things don't work.  Or at least test it yourself and make a note for users.

Edited by fwiler
16 hours ago, fwiler said:

The docker config is wrong. (as are so many in Unraid).

The problem is there is no single one "right" config. You must match the containers you choose to use to your specific layout.

The very nature of containerizing applications that are normally standalone programs means that you must customize both the container mappings and the application path settings to match your specific pool and share names.

3 hours ago, JonathanM said:

The problem is there is no single one "right" config. You must match the containers you choose to use to your specific layout.

The very nature of containerizing applications that are normally standalone programs means that you must customize both the container mappings and the application path settings to match your specific pool and share names.

I understand what you are saying.

The default docker config that is brought up when you download should match the default config of the application.   I'm talking about the areas that we normally should not need to change to make it work when we start it.

Example: below is what is shown for the default Path for incomplete downloads.  There is no /incomplete-downloads in the container.  The application downloads to /config/downloads/incomplete.

The point is, take the time to create the default docker config to match what's in the docker.  Otherwise leave a blank black underline so user is aware to fill it in themselves.

incomplete.png.8ef31dc211a0bf0a7932f666a63e5c89.png

Edited by fwiler
  • 1 month later...

Is this the right place to get help with LinuxServer.io Sabnzbd?

I've sign on to discord, but dont know how to get to the right place and provide a compose(?)

I've checked Radarr and Sonarr and they have the correct api key from Sabnzbd. Also ip "192.168.0.119" is windows desktop.

So I stopped all apps then just started Sabnzbd and the warning kept coming from my desktop.

Click this link to see Sabnzbd warnings

Thank you!

titan-diagnostics-20221224-1352.zip

Edited by socbuter
further clarification
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi all,

I'm having some performance issues with SABnzbd and I can't figure out why.

I just moved from a Synology DS718+ to an Unraid setup (Core i3-12100, 32GB DDR5, 2 x WD SN700 NVME in ZFS mirror for cache, 3 x Exos 20TB in the array). I have a 1 Gb/s Fiber connection. With my old Synology, downloads were stabilizing around 70-80 MB/s. Moving to a more powerful machine with SSD cache, I was expecting to go higher than that, but I'm only hitting around 50-55 MB/s with SABnzbd in Docker

The speed is consistent, whether I'm downloading a NZB or doing a test via the wrench icon. In theory, I should be maximizing my Gigabit connection with the setup I have (>100 MB/s). I have a Newshosting subscription with 100 connections. I tried to play with the number of connections and performance only goes down further. Again, my Synology with the exact same SABnzbd settings can hit 80 MB/s.

I've ruled out disk write performance as the cause. My downloads folder is in my media share, which is set as cache first. SABnzbd tells me the disk writing speed is around 1200 MB/s, which is consistent with the SSD cache. I have verified that the downloaded files are indeed in the cache volume. I even tried (as posted here) choosing a download path inside of my appdata folder which is on a cache exclusive share but that doesn't improve the speed.

I have tried setting up a new container from scratch, or using a different image (binhex), but the problem persists. I tried installing SABnzbd in a Windows VM and I'm hitting slightly higher speeds of around 65 MB/s (not great either, but I suspect this is just about VM read/write performance).

I have spent two hours researching this here and on Reddit but I can't find a solution. Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

hi, a few days ago all my downloads stopped unpacking!   Don't believe I changed any settings.   Might have updated the docker though.  Downloads go where they are supposed to but they are all numbered rar files not unpacked.  I can see in the settings under categories that it is set to 'delete' which I believe means repair, unpack and delete.   Any suggestions?

4 hours ago, grither said:

hi, a few days ago all my downloads stopped unpacking!   Don't believe I changed any settings.   Might have updated the docker though.  Downloads go where they are supposed to but they are all numbered rar files not unpacked.  I can see in the settings under categories that it is set to 'delete' which I believe means repair, unpack and delete.   Any suggestions?

I have been hunting all day for someone with the same issue as me!

While I don't use unraid I'm having the same issue with the latest build of Sabmnzbd from linuxserver.

to fix it, I had to force back to version 4.2.1 ( linuxserver/sabnzbd:4.2.1 ). hopefully this helps you and they work out why it's happening soon.

Seems the unrar issue is due to CPU age.

They now include version 7 of unrar which does not support older CPUs so the mod https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-mods/tree/universal-unrar6 should be added to the docker compose (not sure what the equivalent of this is in Unraid as I do not use it).

this has fixed the issue for me and I have gone back to latest version and can extract the test download file now.

Hello,

I hope this is the right place for a support post like this. And thank you in advance for anyone's time in responding!

For a while now I have been unable to access the sabnzbd docker web GUI although I had been able to under this installation before. I can still access the web gui for Radarr and Sonarr. Although I have read through other posts of folks having similar issues, none of those have resolved the issue for me. I'm sure it's user error but if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

I've attached the container log plus the container run & docker port allocations screencaps in case that is helpful.

Anything else I can supply to assist?

Thanks again. Much appreciated!

DD

Screenshot 2024-03-18 130617.png

Screenshot 2024-03-18 130906.png

sabnzbd_log.txt