[Support] Linuxserver.io - SABnzbd

This image will be rebased back to ubuntu, there is an issue between python, alpine and one of the configuration screens in the upcoming 1.1x branch of sabnzbd.

Discussion with sabnzbd developers led to the decision to rebase this to ubuntu xenial.

When will this be happening? Just so I know when to look for the update

This image will be rebased back to ubuntu, there is an issue between python, alpine and one of the configuration screens in the upcoming 1.1x branch of sabnzbd.

Discussion with sabnzbd developers led to the decision to rebase this to ubuntu xenial.

So if you do not update then you're good

There is no issue with the current docker and the version of sabnzbd (1.0.3) that it is using.

but 1.10 is currently at RC4 and the issue between python, alpine and sabnzbd occurs with that branch.

Soon ™

Soon ™

;D

Hi guys,

Love your containers, and see that you've mentioned previously in the thread that PAR2 Multicore should be enabled as part of this container however when i browse the default skin and check my PAR2 settings there is NO tick in the greyed out enable multicore par2... Is this to be expected? And if it is enabled and this is related to PAR2 not being recognized as there are there any default PAR2 parameter settings that are being used straight out the box? i'm getting PAR2 switch error using the following:

par2.PNG.14c9f8c5a46bcb13c5f7e140a888f11b.PNG

Hi guys,

Love your containers, and see that you've mentioned previously in the thread that PAR2 Multicore should be enabled as part of this container however when i browse the default skin and check my PAR2 settings there is NO tick in the greyed out enable multicore par2... Is this to be expected? And if it is enabled and this is related to PAR2 not being recognized as there are there any default PAR2 parameter settings that are being used straight out the box? i'm getting PAR2 switch error using the following:

I don't believe that this option in sabnzbd is indicative of multi-core par2 being installed. I know that sounds weird but my understanding (and I might be wrong) is that sabnzbd has no idea whether it is or not as all it can see is par2.

I checked with the group and it doesn't appear you have to do anything else to enable it. The container is configured to use multicore par2 by default.

If you wanted "proof" for yourself I guess downloading a large corrupt download then when repairing you could use the "top" command and if there is more than one instance I guess that would be reasonable enough proof that more than one core is being used.

I guess if I'm wrong someone will correct me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's great do you know if the version of par2 you guys have used in this container can use the switch in my pic?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Isn't that the switch to "enable" multi core support for certain versions of par2?

Without getting too technical about it, I guess the root of my question is - if it's enabled by default in this container, what would you need that switch for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I mean the parameter in my screenshot. I have par2 and ionice parameters set in sabnzbd but sabnzbd complains of problems with my par2 parameters (which should be valid if it is indeed using multicore as these parameters force multicore) I was under the impression that if sab found a compatible multicore par2 executable it would have put a tick in the greyed out box for multicore as well? If anyone is running the latest pull of this container can they see how there's shows up under settings -> switches?

I'm not sure whether this is a typical Dutch issue? However, recently many downloads come with a "Rename.With.This.par2" file. With this file the downloaded target file can be renamed to the correct name. Until now, I do this manually (and remote) from my Mac with MacPAR deLuxe and that (kinda) works. I've searched for a post process script that can do this (on the server). I've found one, but that one doesn't work. Anybody around with a practical solution for this? Thanks!

@SparklyBalls

Just did the exact same test as yourself following your vid letter for letter... got the same result as you. However, when i turn on "download all par2 files" under 'settings -> switches' 

I experience the issue i reported, i lose the greyed out tick. Can you see if it's the same your end?

EDIT: Strangely when i remove the tick from "Download all par2 files" the tick under "Enable Multicore PAR2" dosn't come back either!

I did my tests on a completely different docker host with no previous install of SABnzBD...

Everythings fine until i tick "Download all par2 files" and restart. Then i lose the greyed out multicore tick.

Even when i untick "Download all par2 files" and restart the greyed out multicore tick dosn't return, have a sneaking suspicion that making ammendments to any of the related PAR options would do the same...

Upgraded to 6.2 from 6.1 today and it prompts me to upgrade SABnzbd. When I tell it to go ahead though it downloads the files and then errors out with...

Error: layers from manifest does not match image configuration

This is not the only docker to throw this error (plex, sonarr, mariadb have issues as well). Dolphin, AirVideo and CUPS have no problems though. FYI Sabnzbd is running fine despite failing the upgrade.

That'll teach me to ignore my general plan of letting a major update sit for a week before updating. :)

Tolax

Multicore PAR2?

Sorry folks I see this is being discussed by I am not catching the solution.

I started clean and I had a checked by greyed out enable multicore par2 box.  I tried it that way but only saw one par2 job with TOP.  So I added

Extra PAR2 Parameters = -t+

this did not work at all.  verify jobs just bailed.

I tried to remove the parameters and the multicore par2 check is gone.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

Multicore PAR2?

Sorry folks I see this is being discussed by I am not catching the solution.

I started clean and I had a checked by greyed out enable multicore par2 box.  I tried it that way but only saw one par2 job with TOP.  So I added

Extra PAR2 Parameters = -t+

this did not work at all.  verify jobs just bailed.

I tried to remove the parameters and the multicore par2 check is gone.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

This docker doesn't support multicore par2 , and after discussions with a contributor to the sabnzbd project, the old compiled multicore that was used in the container before it was rebased is old and no longer maintained. Long story short, it's not going to support multicore par2 anytime soon.