[Support] Linuxserver.io - SABnzbd

Thanks Quid.

Where can I find this appdata folder? Is it hidden somewhere?

I already tried NZBGET but I don't like the UI, might be because I am used to SABNZB.

In your appdata share (or on the docker screen its the host mapping for /Config on the sab app)

Alternatively, if you uninstall via the Apps tab ( installed apps ), you'll be prompted to delete the appdata share automatically -> just confirm the pop up that its the actual appdata folder, and not your media folders or something like that.

Set the /downloads mapping to be a separate folder within appdata.  (You're also going to add that exact same mapping to CP and sonarr)

Doesn't it allow the mnt/user structure because it is in a docter?

What if I want to use categories where mkvs need to go mnt/user/movies/mkv?

Yeah it allows all that.  Just that it *appears* that you have it downloading into the appdata for nzbGet itself.  Just simpler and cleaner (and no permission problems) to have downloads go to a separate mapping.  And when everything is set up right you don't need to use droneFactory or watch folders on CP / Sonarr

Did my configuration cause the unpack failure I asked about?

I don't use CP or Sonarr BTW.

oh ok...

The configuration is as good a place as any to try and solve it.  Never actually had an unpack error unless the source was corrupted but the articles still existed

Anybody else using Python sabToSickBeard.py script and getting

"/config/autoProcessTV/sabToSickBeard.py" does not have execute (+x) permission set"

It has been working fine for half a year but after the last update the script refuses to run  :o

well call me crazy and all that but

chmod +x on the script will fix it

I just switched to unraid yesterday and installed this docker container but I noticed something weird. I have 300/300 download speed so I have 1tb or so of downloads completed but 53 pages waiting to unpack still. It seems excruciatingly slow to unpack the downloads.

Thanks!

Nothing to do with the docker, I'm guessing disk io is probably the reason.

I just switched to unraid yesterday and installed this docker container but I noticed something weird. I have 300/300 download speed so I have 1tb or so of downloads completed but 53 pages waiting to unpack still. It seems excruciatingly slow to unpack the downloads.

Thanks!

Nothing to do with the docker, I'm guessing disk io is probably the reason.

I restarted the docker container and it seems as if sabnzbd had already unpacked everything. Thanks for the help!

hi, i just started getting this error when attempting to run post-processing for TV:

/usr/bin/env: 'python2\r': No such file or directory

i'm not sure what's changed, the only thing i can think of is docker sabnzbd container update couple days ago.

is there a way i can update some setting so it's pointing to the right folder?

thanks in advance.

Anybody else using Python sabToSickBeard.py script and getting

"/config/autoProcessTV/sabToSickBeard.py" does not have execute (+x) permission set"

It has been working fine for half a year but after the last update the script refuses to run  :o

sparkyballs is spot on with this

well call me crazy and all that but

chmod +x on the script will fix it

This is one of the changes in SABnzbd 1.2.0

"Python post/pre/notification-scripts now require execute (+x) permissions"

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/5nrfek/sabnzbd_120_final_released/

SSH into to your unRAID machine, cd "change directory" to where your post processing script lives.

And enter: chmod +x nameofyourscript.py

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I suppose this thread is as good as any for posting feedback on this container. I've switched from Needo's SAB to try this out and while the process has been fairly painless, and the updated interface is somewhat refreshing, I do have a some criticisms of the overall UI.

In general, the UI is pretty good, however there are a few issues that I have found bothersome:

1. Status and interface options>Web Interface. We may only have one extra queue column. This feels pretty arbitrary and I find it actually quite annoying. I like to see both the "category" and "priority" columns, but now I can't.

2. The multi-operations button (and subsequently, the means by which job priorities are changed). Earlier I had occasion to change the priority of 12 episodes of a television series. I clicked multi-operations to bring up the check-boxes, scrolled back up my queue (because bringing up the check-boxes dumps you to the bottom of the page),  selected my episodes, scrolled back down, changed priority to high. Bob's your uncle. Too many steps, too much moving up and down the page.

Additionally, I had the misfortune to click the check all button while I was just scrolling around the bottom of the page...which then set ALL my jobs to high priority. It was a learning experience that highlights another issue...

3. The priority dropdown box. If you use the multi-operation dropdown at the bottom of the page to change some job priorities and then wish to change some other jobs to different priorities you have to go to the top of the page, click the multi-operation button (to remove the check-boxes), click it again to bring them back, set the job priority, scroll back up and select the jobs. After which you then have to remember to click the multi-operations button to remove the check-boxes (or you can manually deselect all the jobs you just changed priority for)...just to be safe.

4. No text box to filter jobs. It is needed.

5. Why is job management split between the footer and header of the page? I've alluded to it already, having the functional parts of the multi-operations at the bottom of the page feels like bad design.

Having said all that, it may be that there is functionaality that I have not quite discovered yet, or a workflow that I've not quite gotten used to that is detracting from my experience, so feel free to reply with suggestions :).

Please take these comments as constructive criticism. I am very appreciative of the work that the Linuxserver.io team puts into the docker community.

Regards.

Hi,

I suppose this thread is as good as any for posting feedback on this container. I've switched from Needo's SAB to try this out and while the process has been fairly painless, and the updated interface is somewhat refreshing, I do have a some criticisms of the overall UI.

In general, the UI is pretty good, however there are a few issues that I have found bothersome:

1. Status and interface options>Web Interface. We may only have one extra queue column. This feels pretty arbitrary and I find it actually quite annoying. I like to see both the "category" and "priority" columns, but now I can't.

2. The multi-operations button (and subsequently, the means by which job priorities are changed). Earlier I had occasion to change the priority of 12 episodes of a television series. I clicked multi-operations to bring up the check-boxes, scrolled back up my queue (because bringing up the check-boxes dumps you to the bottom of the page),  selected my episodes, scrolled back down, changed priority to high. Bob's your uncle. Too many steps, too much moving up and down the page.

Additionally, I had the misfortune to click the check all button while I was just scrolling around the bottom of the page...which then set ALL my jobs to high priority. It was a learning experience that highlights another issue...

3. The priority dropdown box. If you use the multi-operation dropdown at the bottom of the page to change some job priorities and then wish to change some other jobs to different priorities you have to go to the top of the page, click the multi-operation button (to remove the check-boxes), click it again to bring them back, set the job priority, scroll back up and select the jobs. After which you then have to remember to click the multi-operations button to remove the check-boxes (or you can manually deselect all the jobs you just changed priority for)...just to be safe.

5. Why is job management split between the footer and header of the page? I've alluded to it already, having the functional parts of the multi-operations at the bottom of the page feels like bad design.

Having said all that, it may be that there is functionaality that I have not quite discovered yet, or a workflow that I've not quite gotten used to that is detracting from my experience, so feel free to reply with suggestions :).

Please take these comments as constructive criticism. I am very appreciative of the work that the Linuxserver.io team puts into the docker community.

Regards.

Linuxserver (and all docker template maintainers for that matter) do not write the actual app themselves.  They merely package it.

This would need to be posted on Sab's forum.  You can get to their page by hitting "Project Page" from within CA on the app

Hi,

Regards.

Are you actually being serious?!

You know we don't develop sabnzbd right?  We just package it into a docker.

From what I understand your complaints are to do with the updated sabnzbd webui, so would be far better placed directed at the sabnbzd developer.  As linked in the first post.

Hi,

Regards.

Linuxserver (and all docker template maintainers for that matter) do not write the actual app themselves.  They merely package it.

This would need to be posted on Sab's forum.  You can get to their page by hitting "Project Page" from within CA on the app

Thanks for the information.

Hi,

Regards.

Are you actually being serious?!

You know we don't develop sabnzbd right?  We just package it into a docker.

From what I understand your complaints are to do with the updated sabnzbd webui, so would be far better placed directed at the sabnbzd developer.  As linked in the first post.

Clearly I was not aware of that. I'm not a programmer. I have no idea what the process of docker development, or app development for that matter, is.

I'll take the feedback where it belongs.

Hi,

Regards.

not only do we not develop sabnzbd app itself, but this is all the more amusing given that you can easily change back to the old webui anyways.

Hi,

Regards.

not only do we not develop sabnzbd app itself, but this is all the more amusing given that you can easily change back to the old webui anyways.

Hardly the point, is it. Feedback is feedback, just in this case it was misplaced. I've been enlightened as to the development process, that should have been sufficient enough a response.