[Support] Linuxserver.io - SABnzbd

Anybody else using Python sabToSickBeard.py script and getting

"/config/autoProcessTV/sabToSickBeard.py" does not have execute (+x) permission set"

It has been working fine for half a year but after the last update the script refuses to run  :o

well call me crazy and all that but

chmod +x on the script will fix it

Can you provide more detail? Just got this. Putty... then what?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

hi, i just started getting this error when attempting to run post-processing for TV:

/usr/bin/env: 'python2\r': No such file or directory

i'm not sure what's changed, the only thing i can think of is docker sabnzbd container update couple days ago.

is there a way i can update some setting so it's pointing to the right folder?

thanks in advance.

After running the chmod, now I'm getting the above error. Is there a solution yet? I'm totally lost

I saw a similar error a couple weeks ago. My error was "/usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory." The solution I found somewhere (either here in the unraid forums, or in the Sab forums) was to change the first line of the "sabToSickBeard.py" file

old:

#!/usr/bin/env python

new:

#!/usr/bin/env python2

Does your top line have an "\r" in it? If so, you may need to remove it.

"/config/autoProcessTV/sabToSickBeard.py" does not have execute (+x) permission set"

It has been working fine for half a year but after the last update the script refuses to run  :o

What am I missing? I keep getting errors when I try to chmod +x the sabToSickbeard.py script...

Capture.PNG.5adce010b3b961176a876b39f8f2a197.PNG

What am I missing? I keep getting errors when I try to chmod +x the sabToSickbeard.py script...

caps issue, notice the capital B for Beard.

tip:- type sab and press tab key to autofill the rest (up to the extension in this case as you have two files with the same name but diff extensions), save you making the same mistake again.

caps issue, notice the capital B for Beard.

tip:- type sab and press tab key to autofill the rest (up to the extension in this case as you have two files with the same name but diff extensions), save you making the same mistake again.

Dammit! That's it. Thanks so much, all sorted

• 2 weeks later...

I am in a discussion with a sabnzb developer and he suggest that the problem with dir scanner crashing lies in the fact that sabnzb isn't started with UTF8 encoding, probably because unraid dictates another encoding. What is unraid using?

I'm having the exact same issue with dir scanner crashing (as shown in your earlier posts).  Thinking of trying NZBget again.  Any luck on resolution so far?

I am in a discussion with a sabnzb developer and he suggest that the problem with dir scanner crashing lies in the fact that sabnzb isn't started with UTF8 encoding, probably because unraid dictates another encoding. What is unraid using?

I'm having the exact same issue with dir scanner crashing (as shown in your earlier posts).  Thinking of trying NZBget again.  Any luck on resolution so far?

Unraid uses UTF8. Do the below when connected to unraid to check.

echo $LANG

Thanks for the answer.

I found a solution on my problem, so it I solved now.

But I still have another problem. I am danish and sometimes get nzb file names with æøå but sabnzbd can't no longer import them. I get and error

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe5' in position 36: ordinal not in range(128)

anyone knows if anything is changed recently?

Thanks for the answer.

But I still have another problem. I am danish and sometimes get nzb file names with æøå but sabnzbd can't no longer import them. I get and error

UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe5' in position 36: ordinal not in range(128)

Could you share the solution you found? I'm having the same issue with some of my RSS feeds.

my problem was that the url I used I have chosen a couple of categories. each category had a number in the url and they was separated by , (like 120,121,122)

But in the new version of sabnzbd they have changed it, so the , is used to separate if you want to use more than one url. So I have made one url to each category.

Hopes it makes sense.

Thanks for the answer.

The nzb downloaders (sab / nzbget) have options to remove illegal characters from the filenames

Hi...

So, rebooted my server and having an issue with SAB loading and even MySQL.  It seems either it can not get past this....

_ _ _

| |___| (_) ___

| / __| | |/ _ \

| \__ \ | | (_) |

|_|___/ |_|\___/

|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

-----------------------------------

GID/UID

User uid: 99

User gid: 100

We are now refreshing packages from apt repositorys, this *may* take a while

Yet no issue with Sonaar, CouchPotato, or CrashPlan loading up at all.

Is there any way to get around having it check so it will start up?  At this point I am dead in the water as Kodi uses MySQL.

Thanks

Hi...

So, rebooted my server and having an issue with SAB loading and even MySQL.  It seems either it can not get past this....

_ _ _

| |___| (_) ___

| / __| | |/ _ \

| \__ \ | | (_) |

|_|___/ |_|\___/

|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

GID/UID

User uid: 99

User gid: 100

We are now refreshing packages from apt repositorys, this *may* take a while

Yet no issue with Sonaar, CouchPotato, or CrashPlan loading up at all.

Is there any way to get around having it check so it will start up?  At this point I am dead in the water as Kodi uses MySQL.

Thanks

You ever updated these containers?  The newer version of sabnzbd should be just fine and MariaDB would be a workaround for that very old version of MySQL

Hi....

Just read your note as I was just running edits updates on both and now both are running.  SAB is a new beta version it seems, 1.2.1 Beta.  So it surly is not what I had before. :)

MySQL is also running now. Not sure on the version but at least it is running.

Side note...I thought that is why the system checked each time it started, meaning I thought it was looking for updates and this would not need to manually run a new install. 

Also did not think of such a things as the Docker Screen reports...  up-to-date  ...for everything.  So again, thought I was good. :)

Thanks.

Side note...I thought that is why the system checked each time it started, meaning I thought it was looking for updates and this would not need to manually run a new install.

We changed that behaviour a LONG time ago, now the containers are largely static and we run updates once a week,  The auto-update caused way too many support issues, much like you described above.

Thanks...So do I needed to run reinstalls now and again?  (LOL...So confusing to read Up-to-date and it is not.)

Set up CA Auto Update to handle it all for you on a schedule.

Hi...I am sorry, not sure what that is.  Is that another Docker?

Community applications plugin

Thanks...So do I needed to run reinstalls now and again?  (LOL...So confusing to read Up-to-date and it is not.)

Set up CA Auto Update to handle it all for you on a schedule.

Hi...I am sorry, not sure what that is.  Is that another Docker?

Community applications plugin

Oh, yea, I have that.  Thanks Guys....Really.  The issue is I seem to have the cur (rent version of Community Apps, 2017.01.29, however I do not have that option in the settings area. (As per where the manual says it should be.)  Running UnRAID 6.1.9 so not sure if that may be the issue.