[Support] Linuxserver.io - SABnzbd

Oh, yea, I have that.  Thanks Guys....Really.  The issue is I seem to have the cur (rent version of Community Apps, 2017.01.29, however I do not have that option in the settings area. (As per where the manual says it should be.)  Running UnRAID 6.1.9 so not sure if that may be the issue.

Would recommend updating to V6.3.1 there's some pretty significant security vulnerabilities in any version prior to V6.3.0.  Read here.

Thanks...So do I needed to run reinstalls now and again?  (LOL...So confusing to read Up-to-date and it is not.)

Set up CA Auto Update to handle it all for you on a schedule.

Hi...I am sorry, not sure what that is.  Is that another Docker?

Community applications plugin

Oh, yea, I have that.  Thanks Guys....Really.  The issue is I seem to have the cur (rent version of Community Apps, 2017.01.29, however I do not have that option in the settings area. (As per where the manual says it should be.)  Running UnRAID 6.1.9 so not sure if that may be the issue.

You may have uninstalled it.  Go to apps, CA Modules (top right) and you can install it from there.

I did finely find the CA Auto Update and it is only for 6.2 and above.  As such, it was not installed nor can I install it.

As far as upgrading UnRaid, I have read a lot of bad stories on the update not going well. :)  But I will research again.

Thank you kindly guys for your help here and for all you do for the UnRIAD community.

I did finely find the CA Auto Update and it is only for 6.2 and above.  As such, it was not installed nor can I install it.

As far as upgrading UnRaid, I have read a lot of bad stories on the update not going well. :)  But I will research again.

Thank you kindly guys for your help here and for all you do for the UnRIAD community.

Don't forget the bad stories are susceptible to reporting bias.  Far less likely to report that an update has been uneventful.

Don't forget the bad stories are susceptible to reporting bias.  Far less likely to report that an update has been uneventful.

So very true. (Not just here of course.)  I am the founder of AVSForum (among other sites), thus I surely know how people are alway quick to complain about things...especially in the CE world. :) 

It is just so very scary when you have all this data and you are about to do a major version change.  When you read though some of the issues...well...scary.  Even the newly released version, being just a minor vs major, has 22 pages of replies already.  Just reading the first few can give one pause. :)    I will likely give it a try tomorrow as we live on the road full time (motor coach) and we are currently parked for the night.  When we arrive in Fredericksburg TX tomorrow, we will be staying put for two weeks. So that would be a better time. :)  (And yes, I shut down the server when we travel.)

Wish me luck and thank you guys again. Oh know...Now I will have a new learning curve on the new platform.  LOL

I am in a discussion with a sabnzb developer and he suggest that the problem with dir scanner crashing lies in the fact that sabnzb isn't started with UTF8 encoding, probably because unraid dictates another encoding. What is unraid using?

I'm having the exact same issue with dir scanner crashing (as shown in your earlier posts).  Thinking of trying NZBget again.  Any luck on resolution so far?

Unraid uses UTF8. Do the below when connected to unraid to check.

echo $LANG

I get

root@COUCHSERV:~# echo $LANG

en_US.UTF-8

but when I run it inside the docker container I get nothing:

root@COUCHSERV:~# docker exec -it sabnzbd /bin/bash

root@c6de913a870a:/# echo $LANG

root@c6de913a870a:/#

Python config page:  Python Version: 2.7.12 (default, Nov 19 2016, 06:48:10) [GCC 5.4.0 20160609] [ANSI_X3.4-1968]

Any other help\ideas would be welcome.

Thanks!

I am in a discussion with a sabnzb developer and he suggest that the problem with dir scanner crashing lies in the fact that sabnzb isn't started with UTF8 encoding, probably because unraid dictates another encoding. What is unraid using?

I'm having the exact same issue with dir scanner crashing (as shown in your earlier posts).  Thinking of trying NZBget again.  Any luck on resolution so far?

Unraid uses UTF8. Do the below when connected to unraid to check.

echo $LANG

I get

root@COUCHSERV:~# echo $LANG

en_US.UTF-8

but when I run it inside the docker container I get nothing:

root@COUCHSERV:~# docker exec -it sabnzbd /bin/bash

root@c6de913a870a:/# echo $LANG

root@c6de913a870a:/#

Python config page:  Python Version: 2.7.12 (default, Nov 19 2016, 06:48:10) [GCC 5.4.0 20160609] [ANSI_X3.4-1968]

Any other help\ideas would be welcome.

Thanks!

PYTHONIOENCODING=utf-8 was added a couple of days ago and might fix it. Try updating the container and see if that fixes your problem.

PYTHONIOENCODING=utf-8 was added a couple of days ago and might fix it. Try updating the container and see if that fixes your problem.

I have updated but no go.  I think it all boils down to I need to get SAB to change it's encoding (as reported on the Config page) to Unicode\UTF and not ANSI and I don't know how to do that.

Thanks!

I have updated but no go.  I think it all boils down to I need to get SAB to change it's encoding (as reported on the Config page) to Unicode\UTF and not ANSI and I don't know how to do that.

Thanks!

I'll look at it when I get some time. Hopefully this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody experiencing their server completely unresponsive whenever Sabnzbd is unpacking? Honestly, I'm not sure if this is a problem with Sabnzbd or Radarr. Whenever a movie is finished downloading and unpacking, it completely freezes my server, where docker containers' WebGUI are unresponsive and Plex stops streaming a movie.

Once it is unpacked, everything starts up again.

Edited by Synaptix
Occurs during unpacking, not moving.
6 minutes ago, Synaptix said:

Is anybody experiencing their server completely unresponsive whenever Sabnzbd is finished unpacking and the movie is being moved to the proper location? Honestly, I'm not sure if this is a problem with Sabnzbd or Radarr. Whenever a movie is finished downloading and unpacking, the process when Radarr grabs the movie and moves it to a different directory on the cache completely freezes my server, where docker container WebGUI are unresponsive and Plex stops streaming a movie.

Once the movie moves to the correct location, everything starts up again. I just find it odd that everything would stop though just for moving a file.

Some controllers pause all activity to drives connected to them when it has to spin up another drive.  If this is the case, then the stream(s) should continue when the file begins to actually write.

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Some controllers pause all activity to drives connected to them when it has to spin up another drive.  If this is the case, then the stream(s) should continue when the file begins to actually write.

The download user share is set to cache only so there's no additional drive to spin up. In addition, the appdata folder is also set to cache only and all docker contains run off the cache. I would think that an SSD would have no problems with disk I/O, which is why this is strange to me.

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I am trying to setup Sab and while setting up a server (dognzb Host "dognzb.cr") it says: [Errno 111] (110, '[Errno 113] No route to host')

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks in advance

32 minutes ago, GENINC said:

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I am trying to setup Sab and while setting up a server (dognzb Host "dognzb.cr") it says: [Errno 111] (110, '[Errno 113] No route to host')

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thanks in advance

Actually the address should probably be https://api.dognzb.cr,

At least that's what's in Sonarr, but then it said invalid address.

On 14.2.2017 at 4:54 PM, jcouch93 said:

Thanks!

Does it work if you add these to variables to the container?

LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LANGUAGE="en_US.UTF-8"

Click on the "Add another Path, Port or Variable" and add the uppercase part in the KEY field and the locale (Without quotes) in the value field. 

On 3/12/2017 at 7:28 AM, saarg said:

Does it work if you add these to variables to the container?

LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
LANGUAGE="en_US.UTF-8"

Click on the "Add another Path, Port or Variable" and add the uppercase part in the KEY field and the locale (Without quotes) in the value field. 

I tried it and it still says ANSI in the config.  Here's from the Docker log on startup:

2017-03-14 13:12:10,523::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1173] sabnzbdplus-1.2.1 (rev=d32cf57c7573ed43bcab40eb9b23a0853f1f7015)
2017-03-14 13:12:10,523::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1174] Full executable path = /usr/bin/sabnzbdplus
2017-03-14 13:12:10,523::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1186] Platform = posix
2017-03-14 13:12:10,524::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1187] Python-version = 2.7.12 (default, Nov 19 2016, 06:48:10)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609]
2017-03-14 13:12:10,524::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1188] Arguments = /usr/bin/sabnzbdplus --config-file /config --server 0.0.0.0:8080
2017-03-14 13:12:10,524::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1190] Preferred encoding = ANSI_X3.4-1968
2017-03-14 13:12:10,524::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1238] Read INI file /config/sabnzbd.ini

My startup says all commands completed successfully and it showed that the variable were passed.

2 hours ago, jcouch93 said:

I tried it and it still says ANSI in the config.  Here's from the Docker log on startup:

2017-03-14 13:12:10,523::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1173] sabnzbdplus-1.2.1 (rev=d32cf57c7573ed43bcab40eb9b23a0853f1f7015)
2017-03-14 13:12:10,523::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1174] Full executable path = /usr/bin/sabnzbdplus
2017-03-14 13:12:10,523::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1186] Platform = posix
2017-03-14 13:12:10,524::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1187] Python-version = 2.7.12 (default, Nov 19 2016, 06:48:10)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609]
2017-03-14 13:12:10,524::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1188] Arguments = /usr/bin/sabnzbdplus --config-file /config --server 0.0.0.0:8080
2017-03-14 13:12:10,524::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1190] Preferred encoding = ANSI_X3.4-1968
2017-03-14 13:12:10,524::INFO::[sabnzbdplus:1238] Read INI file /config/sabnzbd.ini

My startup says all commands completed successfully and it showed that the variable were passed.

Run the below command and restart the container.

docker exec -it sabnzbd locale-gen "en_US.UTF-8"

It should work now.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dranani

I must have completely missed something because when i try to start the sabnzbd docker i get "Execution Error - Server Error". What did i screw up?

i changed the port from 8080 to 8081 and it fixed my issue.

edi2: just kidding, now im in the webui and now i get 404 errors

Edited by dranani