[Support] Linuxserver.io - SABnzbd

hi, summary of my issue: 

files are sitting in download queue at 100% downloaded, but are not unpacking.  Getting error 'cannot create final folder (filename)'

background

fully working system for years, uptime of over 6 months!  formerly using needo docker for sab, and noticed this morning that i had 6 files in the queue, fully downloaded but not unpacked.  a bit of research showed that needos docker was out of date, so installed the linuxserver one, rebooted server.   copied over settings, got it up and running fine.  But same problem!  anything added to queue will download, but not unpack.  Not sure why this issue appeared out of nowhere, and occured under both dockers.  

any advice?  

PS.  in sab setting, tried changing permissions, currently set to 777, tried 770 but then got this error when trying to save

Cannot create complete_dir folder /mnt/user/Stuff to burn/! unzip

there appears to be some problem with sab accessing my folders...

sabnzbd (1).log

Edited by grither
added log file
1 hour ago, grither said:

files are sitting in download queue at 100% downloaded, but are not unpacking.  Getting error 'cannot create final folder (filename)'

I'm not sure if this will permanently solve your issues (If something is setting permissions incorrectly), but you can try running newperms in terminal on the folder where it is trying to save the output to see if it is a permissions issue.

newperms /mnt/user/share/folder

Obviously rename "share" and "folder" to the correct names :)

Edited by DoeBoye
On 1/15/2018 at 11:40 PM, hilljd00 said:

Does anyone know or have a guide that details how to auto delete folders?

Could you expand a bit on this? When you say "auto delete folders", what's the use case/situation? People might be able to help if we knew the whys. As you're posting in the Sab thread, I assume it has something to do with Sabnzbd...

1 hour ago, DoeBoye said:

I'm not sure if this will permanently solve your issues (If something is setting permissions incorrectly), but you can try running newperms in terminal on the folder where it is trying to save the output to see if it is a permissions issue.

newperms /mnt/user/share/folder

Obviously rename "share" and "folder" to the correct names :)

hello thanks for this, really appreciate it.  tried but no luck... think there could be an issue relating to what user sab is running as?  wonder how i can check that?

7 minutes ago, grither said:

hello thanks for this, really appreciate it.  tried but no luck... think there could be an issue relating to what user sab is running as?  wonder how i can check that?

That's too bad :(. Have you confirmed you can manually create and delete files in the location you are trying to save to?

Also, can you post a screenshot of your settings for Sab docker?

Not sure about setting the user for Sab... Someone else might need to weigh in for that. For the record, I have never needed to do that and my Sab has been running without issue.

3 hours ago, DoeBoye said:

Could you expand a bit on this? When you say "auto delete folders", what's the use case/situation? People might be able to help if we knew the whys. As you're posting in the Sab thread, I assume it has something to do with Sabnzbd...

After a file is automatically moved and the other files are 'cleaned' up, the empty folder remains. - How can this folder be automatically removed?

16 minutes ago, hilljd00 said:

After a file is automatically moved and the other files are 'cleaned' up, the empty folder remains. - How can this folder be automatically removed?

Hmmmm... I've never had that problem (Though the Sab forums have some threads about it)...

What are you using to find files? Sonarr? Sickbeard? They have built in file organizing as well. If you are using them, how about removing the Sab sorting function, and instead have one of those programs do the sorting/moving?

If that doesn't work, another option would be to install the Filebot docker and have it do the sorting and moving for you. It can watch specific folders, and do any renaming and moving and deleting that you want. You get a lot more control over the process with Filebot, and that might solve your problem...

7 hours ago, DoeBoye said:

That's too bad :(. Have you confirmed you can manually create and delete files in the location you are trying to save to?

Also, can you post a screenshot of your settings for Sab docker?

Not sure about setting the user for Sab... Someone else might need to weigh in for that. For the record, I have never needed to do that and my Sab has been running without issue.

hi, here are my settings.  i am now seeing that sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't!  super annoying.  for example, just downloaded an album just fine, but it won't extract a movie.  some tv shows fine, but some just hang there.  maybe size related?  tons of room on my array, and my cache.  for example, just downloaded 3 tv shows, the first two episdoes downloaded and were sorted fine, the last one just hangs at 100% downloaded.  really up for any suggestions!!!

sab.PNG

free space.PNG

Edited by grither

turns out there was a glitch in sab 2.3.2 where if a backup server was polled, but down, then the download just hung.  also turns out my backup server nextgennews went defunct on the day this happened....

delisted nextgennews, added new backup block, all working well now

on the sab boards, seems like they are aware of the glitch and are fixing.  ie if bad server accessed, download should not hang, it should error

On 1/20/2018 at 6:33 AM, grither said:

turns out there was a glitch in sab 2.3.2 where if a backup server was polled, but down, then the download just hung.  also turns out my backup server nextgennews went defunct on the day this happened....

Thanks for reporting back! Glad to hear you solved it!

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

I upgraded from "needo" version to the linuxserverio version as it seems to have better support.  Anyhow since upgrading i have has issues which i believe are related to permissions.  When a tv show downloads i get a fault "2018-02-24 19:54:41,568::ERROR::[misc:1597] Cannot change permissions of /config/Downloads/complete/tv/xxxxxxxx" Where xxx is the tv show. I have checked the SAB config and have played with the permissions value, but its at 777.  It seems SAB cant change the file and so post processing fails.  Im totally lost, so can anyone help me resolve this issue?  Im not sure if this is a sab issue, an unraid issue or what?  

Thanks des.

I've been having an annoying problem lately where the container seems to be changing the timezone (TZ) on it's own.

For example, I only use the container to permit download's at 2am (schedules set). The container at random times, is changing the TZ (set as UTC -5 in unRAID settings) and in turn triggers my schedules that I've set.  I can see the TZ is changed because the logs for the container are not the current time as my server.

I can't see any indication of the container restarting when looking at the logs and when I make any modifications to the container, it does state the correct TZ in the build settings.  Worth mentioning, that even changing the name of the container and applying settings, will force the container back into the correct TZ.

Normally it wouldn't bother me, but it's becoming annoying that downloads are starting outside of my allowed window. 

Has anyone come across this before or know of any solutions?

I just lost my SABnzbd docker install due to still having Squid's "Advanced Buttons" plugin installed while updating the docker :-(

If at all, I would like to avoid having to configure everything over again when re-installing. I have a recent copy of the of the appdata folder.

Any suggestions on how I minimize the effort involved in getting this back on its feet?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by t33j4y
4 minutes ago, t33j4y said:

I just lost my SABnzbd docker install due to still having Squid's "Advanced Buttons" plugin installed while updating the docker :-(

If at all, I would like to avoid having to configure everything over again when re-installing. I have a recent copy of the of the appdata folder.

Any suggestions on how I minimize the effort involved in getting this back on its feet?

Thanks in advance for any help!

You better edit out that it's @Squids plugin before he sees it ;-)

You should be able to install it from previous apps in CA. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, saarg said:

You better edit out that it's @Squids plugin before he sees it ;-)

You should be able to install it from previous apps in CA. 

Ermm. Ok - I certainly did not mean to offend anyone, but based on what I read in the 6.4.1 release thread, he seemed to be in control of the plugin.

Thank you for the input - will try to reinstall from CA as you suggest.

Hi all.

I upgraded from "needo" version to the linuxserverio version as it seems to have better support.  Anyhow since upgrading i have has issues which i believe are related to permissions.  When a tv show downloads i get a fault "2018-02-24 19:54:41,568::ERROR::[misc:1597] Cannot change permissions of /config/Downloads/complete/tv/xxxxxxxx" Where xxx is the tv show. I have checked the SAB config and have played with the permissions value, but its at 777.  It seems SAB cant change the file and so post processing fails.  Im totally lost, so can anyone help me resolve this issue?  Im not sure if this is a sab issue, an unraid issue or what?  

Thanks des.

Can anyone assist me with this issue? If this isn't the right forum can you point me in the right direction? Almost all my downloads now fail making this system useless for me. Thanks in advance, des.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone assist me with this issue? If this isn't the right forum can you point me in the right direction? Almost all my downloads now fail making this system useless for me. Thanks in advance, des.

Sorry to be a pain guys but in getting nowhere with this on my own. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Should I remove the docker and try again or any suggestions? Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Dieseldes said:

Sorry to be a pain guys but in getting nowhere with this on my own. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Should I remove the docker and try again or any suggestions? Thanks!

updating with existing appdata from a different image is a nightmare and not something we recommend and certainly not something we support 

43 minutes ago, sparklyballs said:

updating with existing appdata from a different image is a nightmare and not something we recommend and certainly not something we support 

59 minutes ago, Dieseldes said:

Agree with sparklyballs here, probably easiest to setup from scratch with fresh appdata.

Agree with sparklyballs here, probably easiest to setup from scratch with fresh appdata.
Thanks guys! So am I best deleting the docker and then installing again? Should I delete any particular files? Are there any idiot proof guide to installing this from scratch? Cheers!

37 minutes ago, Dieseldes said:

Thanks guys! So am I best deleting the docker and then installing again? Should I delete any particular files? Are there any idiot proof guide to installing this from scratch? Cheers!

Just edit the container, Switch to advanced view in the top right, then hit Show More Settings in the middle of the screen, and change the appdata path to a new folder (like sabnzbd-test).  Net result is the same.

Hello,

I am a noob with this so please bear with me if I am missing something simple. I have searched everywhere and cannot find an answer anywhere. I have recently setup an unraid box with a plex server and it is running great so far. I am now trying to add sonarr and am having problems getting Sabnzbd setup. I am Going off of Spaceinvader one's youtube video. I installed it through Unraid's Community applications and had no problems. The problems is that when I try to change the download directory in Sab settings I cannot find my drive or folder. I am trying to change the downloads to /mnt/disk 1/downloads. I also tried mnt/cache/downloads. In Sabnzbd I go to settings, then folders, then try to change the folder paths for downloads. I also already created the folders and changed the locations in the sab template in unraid. When I navigate to where (I think) the folder is the directory is empty. I have looked through all of the directories but cannot seem to find the downloads folder that I created anywhere. Am I missing something stupid? I have done a LITTLE bit with linux but am really not that familiar with it. I tried to add a couple screenshots but could not get them to load. Thanks in advance.

firefox_2018-03-14_23-10-50.png

firefox_2018-03-14_23-09-54.png