[Support] Linuxserver.io - SABnzbd

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2017 at 5:13 PM, Niallain said:

Files are taking a long time to unpack?

SAB is installed on the SSD and the incomplete/complete download folders are also located on the SSD.

Any possible way of speeding this up?

Attached image for reference.

Screenshot 2017-03-05 at 17.11.41.png

Digging this up again as I'm still experiencing this issue.

Installed Dynamix SSD trim as suggested, saw some brief improvements but a recent example took 17 minutes to unpack 46GB.

Can anyone offer any further suggestions for improvement?

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

To be honest, that doesn't particularly seem excessive, especially if any repairing was necessary.  If you install sab on a Windows box and download the same nzb how long will it take?

I'll test this tonight.

Unless I'm getting sensitive due to the fast download I now have...

File from last week - 4.7GB
Downloaded in 1min 57 seconds at avg of 41.0MB/s

No repair, unpacked in 1min 20seconds.

Surely I'd expect faster on an SSD?

I've just enabled the "direct unpack" parameter in sab and will see if this makes a difference.

14 minutes ago, trurl said:

So which is it, 46GB or 4.7GB?

Sorry, was using 2 different examples

File 1 - 4.7GB

File 2 - 46.6GB

Downloaded in 20min 30 seconds at avg of 38.8MB/s

2x verify at 2min 10sec each

Repair in 2min 6sec

Unpack in 16min 59sec

17 minutes ago, Niallain said:

Sorry, was using 2 different examples

File 1 - 4.7GB

File 2 - 46.6GB

Downloaded in 20min 30 seconds at avg of 38.8MB/s

2x verify at 2min 10sec each

Repair in 2min 6sec

Unpack in 16min 59sec

As Squid said then, seem reasonable.

• 4 weeks later...

guys I need some help. I upgraded from v5 after 5 years of not touching this and am getting a bit overwhelmed. I am starting with Sabznbd (plan to have Sonarr, Radarr). I installed the docker successfully by watching Spaceinvader One's video tutorial although his is the one for binhex version but that's okay...

I need help figuring out what to put in the "Temporary Download Folder" and "Completed Download Folder" from within the Folders tab in Sabnzbd. 

I have set up the container paths within the docker as follows

Container Path: /downloads---> /mnt/user/downloads/complete/

Container Path: /incomplete-downloads --> /mnt/user/downloads/incomplete/

"downloads" is a share that was created with the settings set to "Use Cache Disk: YES"

*EDIT*

Ahh I see, I think it's because I need to have docker volume mapping. He has /data mapped to the "downloads" share outside the docker. I had re-watch the video and read up some more to understand what he's talking about since he skipped the docker volume mapping in the video. Now to figure out how to do that... Do you guys see anything wrong with this set up so far?

Edited by maxse

Squid!!! You're the man! Thank sooo much for helping on the other thread also. I understand now and your explanation makes sense! The highest level in docker shows those two, and those two ARE the mappings which are then pointing the shares on the array, which are set to use the cache drive! Awesome!

I was getting so confused because in his other video it talks about how it's good to be consistent with all your volume docker mapping, and in his screen shot he uses "data" mapped....

Do you think the way I set everything up is a good way?

Yeah he must have made a mistake in his video on sabznbd set up. Because in sabznbd he selected "data/incomplete" and "data/complete" respectively and even says that he mapped the data folder to "downloads" which he did not.. at least not in the video. Unless this is where the difference is between the binhex and the linuxserver.io docker

Edited by maxse
11 minutes ago, maxse said:

he uses "data" mapped....

@SpaceInvaderOne tends to use @binhex apps which tend to have /data as a default location.

12 minutes ago, maxse said:

consistent with all your volume docker mapping

Because once you get radarr / sonarr talking to sab, if say /downloads isn't consistent (or mapped at all) between all the apps, they lose communication.  See https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?page=2#comment-566086

14 minutes ago, maxse said:

I hope I don't get confused now when I set up sonar and radarr

Every one (including myself) did.  See the above link and hopefully you'll see how to do things

• 1 month later...

Hello, after successful installation (stable) I get the following error message when calling webui:

400 Bad Request

Illegal cookie name dashapps_view_mode

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 635, in respond self.process_headers() File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 737, in process_headers raise cherrypy.HTTPError(400, msg) HTTPError: (400, 'Illegal cookie name dashapps_view_mode')