[Support] Linuxserver.io - SABnzbd

21 minutes ago, rbmatt1s said:

yep, maybe the container size button in Unraid is wrong?

Doubt it.  If Sab has a limit log size setting, then its for it's own "logging" internal for whatever reason.  The container size log entry is what docker keeps track of.  What you need to do is this

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564326

Just make sure you read the post, as it's not completely obvious how things work depending upon your unRaid version.

Edited by Squid
14 minutes ago, Squid said:

Doubt it.  If Sab has a limit log size setting, then its for it's own "logging" internal for whatever reason.  The container size log entry is what docker keeps track of.  What you need to do is this

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/#comment-564326

Just make sure you read the post, as it's not completely obvious how things work depending upon your unRaid version.

I added the extra param and that fixed everything. thanks Mr. Squid.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

I recently upgraded my ISP connection from 250 to 500 mbit, but i am still seeing download speeds of 25-27 MB/s. I have done a speedtest on the server and its speed is 500/500 and i also did an clean install of sabnzbd on another windows machine and there i got 65 MB/S, so its clearly not internal network or my usenet provider.  I have also checked the CPU usage during downloads on my server and its around 10-20%, so that shouldn´t be the bottleneck. Any ideas on what might help?

51 minutes ago, fc0712 said:

Hey

I recently upgraded my ISP connection from 250 to 500 mbit, but i am still seeing download speeds of 25-27 MB/s. I have done a speedtest on the server and its speed is 500/500 and i also did an clean install of sabnzbd on another windows machine and there i got 65 MB/S, so its clearly not internal network or my usenet provider.  I have also checked the CPU usage during downloads on my server and its around 10-20%, so that shouldn´t be the bottleneck. Any ideas on what might help?

Where is your download folder?

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Where is your download folder?

Its on the cache drive SSD.

I have the following Sab performance stats

System performance (Pystone)

112422  Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100…

Download folder speed

319 MB/s  (/downloads/incomplete)

Complete folder speed

298.1 MB/s  (/downloads/complete)

So that shouldn't be the bottleneck

On 2/7/2019 at 12:03 AM, fc0712 said:

Its on the cache drive SSD.

I have the following Sab performance stats

System performance (Pystone)

112422  Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100…

Download folder speed

319 MB/s  (/downloads/incomplete)

Complete folder speed

298.1 MB/s  (/downloads/complete)

So that shouldn't be the bottleneck

Any ideas?

Whenever I try to restart the SABNZBD docker the speed increases to 60-63 MB/s, but then it returns back to 25-30 MB\s after some time. 

Any ideas what could be the issue then?

• 2 weeks later...

I am using the docker for a long time already. It is working very well, thanks for the development. There are two issues that I never bothered with, but they indicate that I can improve how to set things up:

Context: Docker installed on an NVME cache disk. Isolated 4 CPU cores to the Unraid and all dockers and have at least 16Gb of ram assigned to it. Complete, incomplete and wanted folders are mapped to the array. Config path is mapped to the cache disk (next to docker). My two issues are as follows:

1) Unpacking files is taking a very long time period. Much longer compared to when I had it running inside a Windows VM (on NVME). I thought that this may be caused by the array just being slower than nvme, but starting to ask myself whether there is some other reason as it is really slow. Also, it seems to be even slower once several downloaded files queue up (show "waiting"). I am thinking what role ram or CPU may play? Or potentially the size of the docker image? Not sure anything is happening inside the docker image?

2) Download speed can be "spotty". It sometimes goes from 3mb/s to 0.3mb/s and then back to 3mb/s. I always thought this is just how it is due to bandwidth changes. Not sure it was the same when I still used it in Windows. But curious whether this could also be docker related?

1 hour ago, steve1977 said:

Complete, incomplete and wanted folders are mapped to the array.

1 hour ago, steve1977 said:

1) Unpacking files is taking a very long time period. Much longer compared to when I had it running inside a Windows VM (on NVME).

Of course.  Writes to the array are always going to be slower than writes to a non-protected device.  By and large everyone uses a cache-only share for downloads.

Not enough space for an extra disk, but I can try moving the complete/incomplete/wanted folders to the NVME cache disk. Radarr is moving things to the array anyways after unpacking, so this may be sufficient to speed up and still contain the space.

The other idea would be to use my second NVME disk (UD), but it's holding my VMs and sabnzbd activity may slow down the VM.

Edited by steve1977
9 hours ago, Squid said:

It probably would explain it since it's downloading while its unpacking,  Even a small old hard drive mounted via Unassigned Devices and used for the downloads share would help huge.

Ok, I went ahead and moved everything docker-related from cache/array to my second NVME, which is a UD. All has been successfully moved.

"Fix common problems" reported that I should switch the docker mounts from "RW" to "RW slave", which I did.

Sabnzbd docker seems to work, but shows "Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak" everytime I start/restart the docker. Any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Greygoose said:

Hey guys,

Got an issue, my SabNZB doesn't show the size of my Cache drive, it gives another size which i'm not sure what it is referring too? 

Sketch.png

This would depend on your container volume mappings and the settings you have within the application itself. You would have to provide that information for us to have any idea.