[Support] Linuxserver.io - SABnzbd

Hi,

I have just replaced my download disk and now getting "Cannot change permissions of /downloads/incomplete"

I have deleted the folder and let the container re-create it and the permissions look fine, any ideas?

Annotation 2020-05-27 154301.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-27 154250.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-27 154154.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-27 154409.jpg

10 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

I have just replaced my download disk and now getting "Cannot change permissions of /downloads/incomplete"

I have deleted the folder and let the container re-create it and the permissions look fine, any ideas?

Annotation 2020-05-27 154301.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-27 154250.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-27 154154.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-27 154409.jpg

They need to be owned by user 99:100, not root

3 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, as I said the container created the folder so not sure why it is not using 99:100 as it is in the template

Annotation 2020-05-28 104133.jpg

The container doesn't touch media folders as they are not essential and they are user owned and managed. The container only fixes permissions on the config folder, which is essential for its own operations.

We used to fix permissions on media folders but for every person who wants that, there are ten people who don't

On 5/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, aptalca said:

The container doesn't touch media folders as they are not essential and they are user owned and managed. The container only fixes permissions on the config folder, which is essential for its own operations.

We used to fix permissions on media folders but for every person who wants that, there are ten people who don't

Ok, thank you for the info, I have found the command to change the UID & GID but what user does the sab container use?

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2020 at 4:15 PM, aptalca said:

99:100 you set that in the template as PUID/PGID

Hi, 

Sorry for the long reply!

Still have this issue and yes 99:100 is in the template but none of my settings will save and backup cannot be completed, can you throw any ideas please?

image.png.3b162e0fdc87f1f809bc70fb84d3504e.png

image.png.bb63999c859f073e2c378a0a871a02c4.png

image.thumb.png.3303a12cc580ceadf019dfb4fb2a5d5e.png

Edited by mbc0
On 7/14/2020 at 10:04 AM, mbc0 said:

Hi, 

Sorry for the long reply!

Still have this issue and yes 99:100 is in the template but none of my settings will save and backup cannot be completed, can you throw any ideas please?

image.png.3b162e0fdc87f1f809bc70fb84d3504e.png

image.png.bb63999c859f073e2c378a0a871a02c4.png

image.thumb.png.3303a12cc580ceadf019dfb4fb2a5d5e.png

Hi, can anyone help with this please?

Many Thanks 🙂

Edited by mbc0
On 7/18/2020 at 4:27 PM, aptalca said:

Likely an issue with how you mounted the drive. You should ask in the unassigned disks thread as it's not related to sab or docker

Hi,  

Thanks for your reply but I have the same issue if the appdata is in the cache drive or on an unassigned drive, it makes no difference.  Maybe a re-install would be the way forward but I am unable to backup first.

6 hours ago, mbc0 said:

Hi,  

Thanks for your reply but I have the same issue if the appdata is in the cache drive or on an unassigned drive, it makes no difference.  Maybe a re-install would be the way forward but I am unable to backup first.

If you're doing a chown -R on unraid console and the files are still owned by root, you have deeper issues with unraid. That's not related to docker at all.

10 hours ago, aptalca said:

If you're doing a chown -R on unraid console and the files are still owned by root, you have deeper issues with unraid. That's not related to docker at all.

OK, Thank you for your reply, so looking at my screenshots, you have confirmed what I have done is correct, sab is the only docker out of 25 that I run giving me an issue, can you please nudge me in the direction that I should start looking? I appreciate it is not a docker issue as you say but I really don't know where to go with this?

Thank you

Edited by mbc0
  • 3 weeks later...

If you're using Authentication version 3 breaks the ability to log in. You get an HTTP 500 error. SABNZBD forum says it will be fixed in the next version.
In the meantime, disable auth, or use your reverse proxy's HTML auth.

Alternatively, roll back to version 2 by pasting

linuxserver/sabnzbd:2.3.9-0ubuntu1jcfp218.04-ls67

into you template's repository field, instead of linuxserver/sabnzbd:latest

Link to the thread.

https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24885

Edited by pXius

I seem to have slow unpack speeds. I thought it as a CPU issue so upgraded to a Ryzen 5 and offloaded app data to a seperate unassigned NVME drive. This made no impact. Cache is a newish 500GB SATA SSD. Downloads share is set to prefer SSD (haven't had issues with filling it before moves). Internet connection is 1000mbps and server is wired directly to the switch.

Here is a screen of a standard download

image.png.bf679c5829989aed0d422bab565f7954.png

I've tried lots of combinations of suggested settings like Pause Downloading During Post-Processing, Only Get Articles for Top of Queue, Direct Unpack.

Any ideas?

Anybody else using nzbtoSickbeard.py to sort your tv shows? After 3 years without a single issue the latest sabnzbd is giving me this error when processing tv-shows

/usr/bin/env: ‘python2’: No such file or directory

Was there a change in the python version or path in the latest docker? this issue started five days ago.

Screenshot_2.jpg

36 minutes ago, sickb0y said:

Anybody else using nzbtoSickbeard.py to sort your tv shows? After 3 years without a single issue the latest sabnzbd is giving me this error when processing tv-shows

Was there a change in the python version or path in the latest docker? this issue started five days ago.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Python2 is EOL and is therefore removed. It's in the changelog

9 hours ago, sickb0y said:

Screenshot_2.jpg

You can roll back to ver 2. here.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/40756-support-linuxserverio-sabnzbd/?do=findComment&comment=884284

But you'll probably need to change your flow going forward.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Should SAB keep downloading even if I dont have it pulled up??  I logged into Unraid from my laptop, had Radarr and Sab open with files in queue to download and they were downloading but when Chrome in minimized on the laptop Sab pauses its download.  Is there a way around this?  If I close the Sab gui shouldnt it keep downloading in the background or do I have to stay logged into the gui and keep it fully open in the browser?

3 minutes ago, SPOautos said:

Should SAB keep downloading even if I dont have it pulled up??  I logged into Unraid from my laptop, had Radarr and Sab open with files in queue to download and they were downloading but when Chrome in minimized on the laptop Sab pauses its download.  Is there a way around this?  If I close the Sab gui shouldnt it keep downloading in the background or do I have to stay logged into the gui and keep it fully open in the browser?

Something else is going on.  Sab doesn't care whether the browser is open or not.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I've got an issue with SABnzbd on my UnRAID platform. I've been using it for about 2 years now on a Windows 10 box and then connecting via an SMB share to transfer the files across. Thinking of just using my UnRAID platform to run it all, so installed it and it loads fine. 

Issue I have is trying to find the folders I want for downloading.

I have created /mnt/user/Downloads/Downloading and /mnt/user/Downloads/Completed and are set to public share access with SMB. I try typing the full directory path into the Sab config and it says "Cannot create directory". Not only this, but I can't find it if I click on the "Browse" button. If I click that, I can navigate to the root drive, but when I click on /mnt/ I end up with nothing.

The Volume Mappings in the Docker itself are pointed to the right place. 

Any ideas?