[Support] Linuxserver.io - SABnzbd

46 minutes ago, 1025hunter said:

The problems is that when I try to change the download directory in Sab settings I cannot find my drive or folder. I am trying to change the downloads to /mnt/disk 1/downloads.

According to your volume mappings, the application will see the unRAID folder /mnt/disk1/downloads at the container volume /downloads. The application doesn't know anything about the host paths, it only knows about the container volumes.

Since that is probably only the beginning of things that may give you further trouble, I suggest you read through the Docker FAQ:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/

Just edit the container, Switch to advanced view in the top right, then hit Show More Settings in the middle of the screen, and change the appdata path to a new folder (like sabnzbd-test).  Net result is the same.
Thanks for the advice. I now have a fully operational system again

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Sabnzbd updated on Friday, and after restarting I was getting an error when trying to access it via the browser:

Access denied - Hostname verification failed

Was working fine before the update. Nothing I changed helped, I couldn't start the interface from browser with http://unraidpvr:8083/ like normal. I hadn't realised I was on the unstable branch, so I edited the container to take away "unstable" and after restarting, I could get in once again. All is working as it should except that the "version" section on the Docker tab looks like this:

image.png.ce479fb32cb06d42d0361952420aecfa.png

Any ideas? For either problem... :)

Docker properties currently look like this:

image.thumb.png.d4dca1a43d3b30fc0da33bc997e27459.png

On 1/9/2017 at 2:33 AM, sparklyballs said:

well call me crazy and all that but

chmod +x on the script will fix it

So I'm attempting to setup Mylar right now and trying to get it to work with SAB so that it'll properly move and organize files when they're down downloading but I'm stuck in a rut.  I followed all the directions here (https://www.htpcguides.com/configure-mylar-sabnzbd-nzbget-usenet-comics/#comment-2744634922 ), though there wasn't a default scripts folder so I made one, and then edited the provided script files as necessary. The issue I'm running into now is that after doing so I keep getting this error.

https://imgur.com/hZWcZUe

Some googling led me to the quoted post as a solution but I'm just not entirely sure what that means. Does that mean editing the provided script with just "chmod +x" at the end? Or is their some config I'm missing.

Also, maybe I'm just blind, but in my appdata folder for binhex-sab, I just flat out don't see a config folder and the sabnzbd.ini won't even open in notepad+ for me. If that's just me, I'll figure it out, but wasn't sure if that was an area that necessitated at edit as well.

That guide you followed doesn't really talk about the extra layer involved when you are using dockers. Dockers sort of make it where each of these applications is running on a different machine.

Also, this isn't the thread for support of binhex-sab.

6 hours ago, Lawlanator said:

maybe I'm just blind, but in my appdata folder for binhex-sab, I just flat out don't see a config folder

This makes me question whether or not you understand volume mapping. You really should read the Docker FAQ.

Post your docker run for the container. See here:

Oh, sorry about that. I actually had the Binhex one open but googled the "+x" permission set error with just sab attached and came to the post in this thread. I really oughta just move over at this point and see if it corrects my issue as I have more Linuxserver dockers then Binhex ones now.

As for the volume mapping, the thread was super informative but I'm not sure if I'm still wrong or not. I always figured a docker was essentially it's own isolated island and the entire goal was to point all the dockers to whatever folder/share was necessary in the UnRAID to make them mingle properly. Essentially Unraid acts as the middle man highway. My real struggle with these things is I only learn by doing it/banging my head against the wall so the conceptualization from the FAQ can kinda be lost on me.

Anyway's, I think this is what you were asking for? Unless their is a terminal command I have zero knowledge of.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="binhex-sabnzbd" --net="bridge" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "UMASK"="000" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 8080:8080/tcp -p 8090:8090/tcp -v "/mnt/user/Downloads/":"/data":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sabnzbd":"/config":rw binhex/arch-sabnzbd

8367181f30ab887ca775c4b3d7541fdf2b3be4659a5c1639f7d869dca62d5940

Unless you see something drastically obvious, I'll move my question over to the proper topic. My bad, again, was just late.

On 3/26/2018 at 1:16 AM, Lawlanator said:

in my appdata folder for binhex-sab, I just flat out don't see a config folder

I don't use this docker, or even the LSIO one, since I use nzbget instead.

According to your docker run command, /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sabnzbd is mapped to /config. This seems correct. So, the /config folder the application sees is actually the /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sabnzbd folder in unRAID. This is fairly typical of unRAID dockers generally. Unless the application actually has a config folder inside its config folder, there won't be a config folder in your binhex-sab appdata folder.

So, where did you put that scripts folder you created? If you have a folder /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-sabnzbd/scripts, then the application will see that scripts folder at /config/scripts. Does that seem to make sense to your understanding of volume mappings?

I can merge these posts into the binhex thread if you want to continue working with the binhex docker.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, trurl said:

I don't use this docker, or even the LSIO one, since I use nzbget instead

As an aside, any reason short of familiarity? I see the sentiment of most using NZBGet over Sab but generally not much in the way of critiques between the two. 

And that's how I've got it set up currently and, yes, it does make sense. But there isn't a need to move. I've already made a post over their and waiting on a response. Thanks for your help. 

1 hour ago, Lawlanator said:

I see the sentiment of most using NZBGet over Sab but generally not much in the way of critiques between the two. 

I used SAB for years, mostly from inertia since it worked. Then I tried NZBGet, and was immediately impressed by how efficient it was by comparison. Faster GUI responses, better throughput, and all with a lighter resource footprint. Yes SAB works, but NZBGet was a better choice for me.

Just a quick query I had...

what volume does SabNZB use when unpacking (or repairing perhaps) files?

From time to time I'm running out of space on the docker image. I've checked every docker app and all volumes are mapped to the cache drive / a user share.

The issue seems to get triggered when SAB is unpacking a particularly large file, so wondered if the unpacking process might be the trigger for this? For now, I'm avoiding anything > ~10GB (img is 20GB, of which 8GB is used),  but wonder if this might unwarranted and the issue coming from elsewhere. (I'm a little hesitant to stress test my theory as it's a PITA to fix, but thought I'd ask anyway)

4 hours ago, extrobe said:

I've checked every docker app and all volumes are mapped to the cache drive / a user share.

It is important for the docker volumes to be mapped correctly, but the thing that typically causes an application to write inside the docker image is not configuring the application itself so that it only writes into a mapped folder. For example, if SAB has a setting which controls what folder it uses to process files it has downloaded, then you must make sure that folder is in a mapped folder. And don't forget upper/lower case is important, as is whether or not you use a '/' at the beginning of the path depending on whether it is relative or absolute.

Thanks trurl,

Yes, I did go through those as well, and as far as I can gather, that all looks ok - I used the folder browse button to be extra sure.

I've not configured scripts / email templates / password file / admin / logs (latter 2 being the default locations)

but I don't use any of these, and in any case, they all default to /config anyway, which I've checked exists within appdata.

Perhaps it wasn't SAB - I did have a couple of non-CA store dockers installed which may not have been correctly setup, but thought I'd check it wasn't using an internal folder for unpacking activities. I've just done a full reset of the img file, so going to grab some large files and see how they get on before I add all the more suspect dockers!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mkono87 said:

I have use new permissions on the appdata folder too

Not going to comment on your actual problem, but don't do this.  Permissions on the appdata folder may or may not bear any relationship to what New Permissions sets them too.  That's why Fix Common Problems includes a docker safe New Permissions tool that specifically excludes any changes to the appdata folder

• 2 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Blaze9 said:

Does anyone know why the container is constantly using high (3GB+) of ram?

This is persistent after restarts too. Doesn't "ramp up" just goes from 0 when off to 3ish GB when on.

Screen Shot 2018-05-08 at 1.48.57 PM.png

what are you using to display this info

On 4/25/2018 at 2:43 PM, Squid said:

Not going to comment on your actual problem, but don't do this.  Permissions on the appdata folder may or may not bear any relationship to what New Permissions sets them too.  That's why Fix Common Problems includes a docker safe New Permissions tool that specifically excludes any changes to the appdata folder

My problem usually resides with the appdata folder though. I usually cant copy any files I need to anywhere in the appdata folder. 

18 hours ago, mkono87 said:

My problem usually resides with the appdata folder though. I usually cant copy any files I need to anywhere in the appdata folder. 

Copy them somewhere else that you already have permission, then move them with Krusader or Midnight Commander.

(deleted from Unraid > General and moved here)

I see that Sonarr (docker linux|server.io 2.0.0.5163) sends a download to Sabnzbd (docker linux|server.io 2.3.3 [1f04343]) successfully. But the download just sits there, and no mkv is extracted from the rar files.

sabnzbd reports

Repair [630d80d5bde8430a9bc59eb7932c8288] Quick Check OK
Unpack [630d80d5bde8430a9bc59eb7932c8288] Unpacked 0 files/folders in 0 seconds
[630d80d5bde8430a9bc59eb7932c8288] Unpacked 0 files/folders in 0 seconds

While Sonarr just thinks the episode is downloading 100%, and sitting there. As soon as I manually unrar e "blah blah.rar.part001.rar" the mkv comes out, and Sonarr immediately files it away.

I know Sabnzbd is sitting in a container, and doesn't have access to the normal /user/bin/unrar.

I do have some odd settings in there to keep Sabnzbd from thrashing the server if it's working on a dozen or more episodes at once. Settings > Switches > Post processing > 
Nice Parameters -n10

IONice Parameters -c2 -n4

Extra PAR2 Parameters -t0

I don't recall where I got those things. I'll try pulling them out and seeing if that makes a difference.

Anything jump out at anyone? Any other specific logs to include?

20 hours ago, witalit said:

@witalit Need Sab debug log files if available.

attached.

18 hours ago, CHBMB said:

@CHBMB Need both your docker run commands first. 

And why create a new post in "general" this is a query that could have been much better placed in either the dedicated support threads for either sabnzbd or sonarr, as it has nothing to do with general unraid.

Not sure where the "docker run command" was, so I'll include a couple of screen shots of the config screen for both dockers.

rubble-diagnostics-20180512-2139.zip

sabnzbd 20180513.zip

sonarr.png

sabnzbd.png