[Support] Linuxserver.io - SABnzbd


Recommended Posts

After an update to the Sab docker this morning, It appears that there is an error keeping it from starting up. I've tried removing the container completely, and re-creating it, but it still ends with the same error as posted below. Is anyone else running into this? My sab docker was working just fine before going to bed. 

2019-02-27 08:52:31,667::ERROR::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Error in 'start' listener <bound method Server.start of <cherrypy._cpserver.Server object at 0x150cfe541b90>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 207, in publish
    output.append(listener(*args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpserver.py", line 167, in start
    self.httpserver, self.bind_addr = self.httpserver_from_self()
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpserver.py", line 158, in httpserver_from_self
    httpserver = _cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(self)
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpwsgi_server.py", line 64, in __init__
    self.server_adapter.ssl_certificate_chain)
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/wsgiserver/ssl_builtin.py", line 56, in __init__
    self.context.load_cert_chain(certificate, private_key)
SSLError: [SSL: CA_MD_TOO_WEAK] ca md too weak (_ssl.c:2779)

2019-02-27 08:52:31,769::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Serving on http://0.0.0.0:8080
2019-02-27 08:52:31,770::ERROR::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Shutting down due to error in start listener:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 245, in start
    self.publish('start')
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 225, in publish
    raise exc
ChannelFailures: SSLError(336245134, u'[SSL: CA_MD_TOO_WEAK] ca md too weak (_ssl.c:2779)')

2019-02-27 08:52:31,770::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Bus STOPPING
2019-02-27 08:52:31,773::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE HTTP Server cherrypy._cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(('0.0.0.0', 8080)) shut down
2019-02-27 08:52:31,773::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE HTTP Server None already shut down
2019-02-27 08:52:31,774::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Bus STOPPED
2019-02-27 08:52:31,774::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Bus EXITING
2019-02-27 08:52:31,774::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Bus EXITED

 

Link to comment
4 hours ago, bb12489 said:

After an update to the Sab docker this morning, It appears that there is an error keeping it from starting up. I've tried removing the container completely, and re-creating it, but it still ends with the same error as posted below. Is anyone else running into this? My sab docker was working just fine before going to bed. 


2019-02-27 08:52:31,667::ERROR::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Error in 'start' listener <bound method Server.start of <cherrypy._cpserver.Server object at 0x150cfe541b90>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 207, in publish
    output.append(listener(*args, **kwargs))
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpserver.py", line 167, in start
    self.httpserver, self.bind_addr = self.httpserver_from_self()
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpserver.py", line 158, in httpserver_from_self
    httpserver = _cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(self)
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/_cpwsgi_server.py", line 64, in __init__
    self.server_adapter.ssl_certificate_chain)
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/wsgiserver/ssl_builtin.py", line 56, in __init__
    self.context.load_cert_chain(certificate, private_key)
SSLError: [SSL: CA_MD_TOO_WEAK] ca md too weak (_ssl.c:2779)

2019-02-27 08:52:31,769::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Serving on http://0.0.0.0:8080
2019-02-27 08:52:31,770::ERROR::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Shutting down due to error in start listener:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 245, in start
    self.publish('start')
  File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/cherrypy/process/wspbus.py", line 225, in publish
    raise exc
ChannelFailures: SSLError(336245134, u'[SSL: CA_MD_TOO_WEAK] ca md too weak (_ssl.c:2779)')

2019-02-27 08:52:31,770::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Bus STOPPING
2019-02-27 08:52:31,773::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE HTTP Server cherrypy._cpwsgi_server.CPWSGIServer(('0.0.0.0', 8080)) shut down
2019-02-27 08:52:31,773::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE HTTP Server None already shut down
2019-02-27 08:52:31,774::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Bus STOPPED
2019-02-27 08:52:31,774::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Bus EXITING
2019-02-27 08:52:31,774::INFO::[_cplogging:219] [27/Feb/2019:08:52:31] ENGINE Bus EXITED

 

I'm seeing the same thing as well.  Found this when searching around:

 

https://forums.sabnzbd.org/viewtopic.php?t=23364

 

Started up normally after doing the following:

 

1.  Connected to the docker (my container name was "sabnzbd")

How to connect to a running Docker container?

There is a docker exec command that can be used to connect to a container that is already running.

Use docker ps to get the name of the existing container.

Use the command docker exec -it <container name> /bin/bash to get a bash shell in the container.

 

2.  cd /config/admin

 

3.  mv server.cert server.cert.old (or delete it, but I was trying to play it safe)

 

4.  mv server.key server.key.old (or delete it, but again playing it safe)

 

I did an ls-al then and saw that the server.cert was immediately recreated but not the server.key

I checked SAB and it was then running normally

Edited by jcouch93
Added steps when I tried to fix
  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm having trouble I'm hoping someone can help me with. I had everything set up and working well, then all of a sudden within the last couple of weeks nothing seems to be downloading and the speed shows as 0 KB/s. If I reset the docker it will usually start at a very low speed, around 10 KB/s, then slows down until it eventually stops. I've read through this whole topic and searched the internet and haven't found any help. I've changed VPN servers, and deleted and reinstalled the docker, neither of which worked. My other dockers don't have any trouble connecting through the same VPN and testing the speed at Speedtest.net through the VPN results in consistant speeds around 100 Mbps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 8:41 PM, steve1977 said:

Sabnzbd docker seems to work, but shows "Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak" everytime I start/restart the docker. Any thoughts?

 

I am still facing the issue and it even seems to increase in frequency. It now seems to show up all the time. Any thoughts?

 

2019-04-04 20:55:22,638::INFO::[config:848] Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd/config.py", line 844, in save_config
shutil.copymode(filename, bakname)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 105, in copymode
os.chmod(dst, mode)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/config/sabnzbd.ini.bak'
2019-04-04 20:55:55,690::ERROR::[config:847] Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak

Edited by steve1977
Link to comment
2 hours ago, steve1977 said:

 

I am still facing the issue and it even seems to increase in frequency. It now seems to show up all the time. Any thoughts?

 

2019-04-04 20:55:22,638::INFO::[config:848] Traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/sabnzbdplus/sabnzbd/config.py", line 844, in save_config
shutil.copymode(filename, bakname)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/shutil.py", line 105, in copymode
os.chmod(dst, mode)
OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: '/config/sabnzbd.ini.bak'
2019-04-04 20:55:55,690::ERROR::[config:847] Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak

Can you run ls -la inside the appdata folder and in the parent folder of the appdata folder of sabnzb? 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, saarg said:

Can you run ls -la inside the appdata folder and in the parent folder of the appdata folder of sabnzb? 

Not sure which one is the appdata folder? I ran the command in my sabnzbd docker folder. Please see below:

 

root@Tower:/mnt/disks/nvme/Docker/sabnzbd# ls -la
total 24
drwxrwxrwx 7 nobody users  121 Feb 24 10:12 ./
drwxrwxrwx 8 root   root   123 Mar 31 07:58 ../
drwxrwxrwx 6 nobody users   64 Mar 31 09:35 Complete/
drwxrwxrwx 4 nobody users  126 Apr  5 07:20 Incomplete/
drwxrwxrwx 3 root   root   144 Apr  5 07:20 admin/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root   root   130 Apr  3 08:57 logs/
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root   root  8441 Feb 23 18:27 sabnzbd.ini
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root   root  8441 Apr  5 07:58 sabnzbd.ini.bak
drwxrwxrwx 4 root   root    30 Feb 23 18:27 wanted/
 

Link to comment
7 hours ago, steve1977 said:

Not sure which one is the appdata folder? I ran the command in my sabnzbd docker folder. Please see below:

 

root@Tower:/mnt/disks/nvme/Docker/sabnzbd# ls -la
total 24
drwxrwxrwx 7 nobody users  121 Feb 24 10:12 ./
drwxrwxrwx 8 root   root   123 Mar 31 07:58 ../
drwxrwxrwx 6 nobody users   64 Mar 31 09:35 Complete/
drwxrwxrwx 4 nobody users  126 Apr  5 07:20 Incomplete/
drwxrwxrwx 3 root   root   144 Apr  5 07:20 admin/
drwxrwxrwx 2 root   root   130 Apr  3 08:57 logs/
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root   root  8441 Feb 23 18:27 sabnzbd.ini
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root   root  8441 Apr  5 07:58 sabnzbd.ini.bak
drwxrwxrwx 4 root   root    30 Feb 23 18:27 wanted/
 

That said enough for me. 

You have permission errors. The files should not be owned by root, but by nobody:users. 

I remember you have had permission issues before also, so wondering what you are doing? 

 

Best thing is to just start with a new fresh appdata folder. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, steve1977 said:

I ran chmod -R 777. Still a permission issue, but different result of ls -la:

 

-rwxrwxrwx 1 root   root  8441 Feb 23 18:27 sabnzbd.ini*
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root   root  8441 Apr  5 17:05 sabnzbd.ini.bak*
 

Still root. Look at chown and chgrp.

 

Even better: 

Quote

Best thing is to just start with a new fresh appdata folder. 

 

Edited by Rick Gillyon
Link to comment
1 hour ago, steve1977 said:

Any thoughts on above?


If a new appdate is the only way, how would I go ahead with it without losing all dockers / settings?

I'm talking about only the appdata folder for this container. 

 

Have you read through the docker FAQ to get a better understanding about how dockers work on unraid? 

Link to comment
  • 3 months later...

I've been noticing that this sabnzbd container might not be following the CPU Pinning Docker rules exactly. CPU usage on CPU 3 goes to 5-6% during downloads and back down to 0% when done. All of my other dockers are pinned to 0,4. All my VM's are pinned to 1,5,2,6,3,7 but they are all shutdown. Seems to only happen with sabnzbd is actively downloading something. Anyone else experience anything like this?

 

 

 

 

sabnzbd-pinning.PNG

isolation.PNG

cpu-usage.PNG

Link to comment
2 hours ago, remati said:

I've been noticing that this sabnzbd container might not be following the CPU Pinning Docker rules exactly. CPU usage on CPU 3 goes to 5-6% during downloads and back down to 0% when done. All of my other dockers are pinned to 0,4. All my VM's are pinned to 1,5,2,6,3,7 but they are all shutdown. Seems to only happen with sabnzbd is actively downloading something. Anyone else experience anything like this?

 

 

 

 

sabnzbd-pinning.PNG

isolation.PNG

cpu-usage.PNG

Easiest way to tell what's going on (ie: if it's actually Sab) is to install cAdvisor.  (In this case, cAd is easy to see the results than netdata)

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.