Issues with either unraid or docker...

shimee

Hi All,

I'm sorry I cant easily work out which subfourm to put this in, I think its a container issue but I don't really know.

I recently upgraded to Unraid 6.0.1 from 5.0.5.The upgrade went very smoothly thanks to the guide on here.

I have set up all my containers in docker with reasonable success but I seem to have problems with SAB and perhaps even the mover.

Basically everything I download in SAB is failing, and the error I seem to find constantly in the SAB logs is:

2015-08-26 08:35:57,048 ERROR: ERROR:: write error ( in the file /tv/_UNPACK_Black.Sails.S01E05.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND/black.sails.s01e05.720p.bluray.x264-demand.mkv [R]etry, [A]bort)

Also, when I check the Unraid server log I find this constantly –

Aug 26 08:01:59 Tower shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/incomplete/Black.Sails.S01E02.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND/__ADMIN__ (39) Directory not empty

I’m not entirely sure how to troubleshoot this. I have a few drives at 98% full, another at 97%, I don’t think I’m low on space.

One thing I was a little confused about that might be a factor. The way I understand I create docker.img on the cache drive – with a ‘capacity’ of 10GB. I then create a user share named appdata on the cache drive. If I understand correctly the appdata share lives outside of the 10GB image and therefore if my download folders for SAB and other are within appdata I am not constrained to 10GB space? If I have misunderstood this then possibly my 10GB image space is being consumed very quickly by sab downloads before the mover can get them onto the array. but, I don’t think this is the case.

I’ve attached the SAB log, the Syslog and the Diagnostics zip – any help would be greatly appreciated.

tower-syslog-20150826-0849.zip

tower-diagnostics-20150826-0848.zip

sabnzbd1.zip

Hi All,

I'm sorry I cant easily work out which subfourm to put this in, I think its a container issue but I don't really know.

I recently upgraded to Unraid 6.0.1 from 5.0.5.The upgrade went very smoothly thanks to the guide on here.

I have set up all my containers in docker with reasonable success but I seem to have problems with SAB and perhaps even the mover.

Basically everything I download in SAB is failing, and the error I seem to find constantly in the SAB logs is:

2015-08-26 08:35:57,048 ERROR: ERROR:: write error ( in the file /tv/_UNPACK_Black.Sails.S01E05.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND/black.sails.s01e05.720p.bluray.x264-demand.mkv [R]etry, [A]bort)

Also, when I check the Unraid server log I find this constantly –

Aug 26 08:01:59 Tower shfs/user: shfs_rmdir: rmdir: /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/incomplete/Black.Sails.S01E02.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND/__ADMIN__ (39) Directory not empty

I've switched over to using NZBGet, but I recall some issues I had with SabNZBD and its permissions.  There's a setting in there somewhere for permissions.  They should be set to 0777.  Also, did you map /tv to somewhere on your array, because clearly sab is referencing that, and if its not on the array, you're saving Black Sails within the docker.img

I have a few drives at 98% full, another at 97%, I don’t think I’m low on space.
If you say so...  (Its not your issue, but IMO I'd consider that low on space)

One thing I was a little confused about that might be a factor. The way I understand I create docker.img on the cache drive – with a ‘capacity’ of 10GB. I then create a user share named appdata on the cache drive. If I understand correctly the appdata share lives outside of the 10GB image and therefore if my download folders for SAB and other are within appdata I am not constrained to 10GB space? If I have misunderstood this then possibly my 10GB image space is being consumed very quickly by sab downloads before the mover can get them onto the array. but, I don’t think this is the case.

You're correct there.  Anything stored in appdata is outside of the array.  And according to the syslogs the complete folder is at least outside the docker.img.  However, SAB also has a place to store its incomplete files.  You must also set that to be outside the docker.img.

Thanks Squid for another fast reply!

I've just set the permissions to 777, I think I will change only that and retest.

I know what you mean about low space - its definitely low and a new drive is on the way! Just not low in the context of this issue :)

In terms of mapping /tv, I didnt map a /tv directory for sab, only a /config (/mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd) and a /downloads (/mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/).

In SB I mapped a /config (/mnt/cache/appdata/sickbeard/), a /tv (/mnt/user/Media/TV Shows/) and a /downloads (/mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/).

Anything look wrong there?

Thanks Squid for another fast reply!

I've just set the permissions to 777, I think I will change only that and retest.

I know what you mean about low space - its definitely low and a new drive is on the way! Just not low in the context of this issue :)

In terms of mapping /tv, I didnt map a /tv directory for sab, only a /config (/mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd) and a /downloads (/mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/).

In SB I mapped a /config (/mnt/cache/appdata/sickbeard/), a /tv (/mnt/user/Media/TV Shows/) and a /downloads (/mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/Downloads/).

Anything look wrong there?

been a while, but I seem to recall (like I said I don't still use Sab), but when you set the categories within sab if you look closely it says something like "relative folders are within the /downloads folder" (something like that).  But, if you set category TV to download to /TV that's no longer a relative folder, and will create a folder within the docker.img called TV.  If you set the folder location to be TV then its relative and would wind up being stored in /downloads/TV (which in turn is stored within your appdata)

Sorry I can't post exactly what it says, but this is all from memory...

If I browse my cache drive to /mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd I can see my downloads folder and within are Complete and Incomplete and full of tv shows downloads etc. That leads me to believe the downloads are going to the right place, at least iinitially.

here's a few screens of the default directories that you are talking about - everything seems to be relative to /config which surprised me. But /config is mapped to appadata so I dont see it as an issue(?)

2015-08-26_10_08_50-SABnzbd_0.7.20_-_Queued__101239.jpg.3e04c7f55d653288b7ae3f8593fe4956.jpg

2015-08-26_10_09_35-SABnzbd_0.7.20_-_Queued__101239.jpg.2c85586c7f75048a3e55a20435401770.jpg

2015-08-26_10_14_03-SABnzbd_0.7.20_-_Queued__100501.jpg.89d41d410cd02408f4c920d42dc5b599.jpg

The last pic of your categories is where I see the problems (that are showing in Sab's logs)

Its telling you that relative folders are based on /config/Downloads/complete.

But you've given it /TV which is not a relative folder.  Sab will save anything from that category as /TV/showfilename.  And that's exactly what's happening in the log snippet:

ERROR:: write error ( in the file /tv/_UNPACK_Black.Sails.S01E05.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND/black.sails.s01e05.720p.bluray.x264-demand.mkv [R]etry, [A]bort)

if you change that to be TV instead of /TV then it will save it to /config/Downloads/complete/TV.

The incomplete files are still going to be going to /config/Downloads/Incomplete because you set that path to be Downloads/incomplete (first picture) which is a relative folder and is stored off of /config.

Good bet that your docker.img file is full to the brim right now, and your best option will be to delete the image and remake it.  All your appdata / configs will still be there if you add container, and select the user-templates (eg: my-sabnzbd, my-sickbeard)

ok, Im trying to follow. I have changed the SAB categories folder setting to tv and movies (no more /)

On this point...

The incomplete files are still going to be going to /config/Downloads/Incomplete because you set that path to be Downloads/incomplete (first picture) which is not a relative folder and is stored off of /config.

...are you saying I need to correct this also? ie my incomplete/in progress downloads are not being stored outside the img on the cache drive? The thing is many individual moves etc are 15GB+ so I need them being downloaded outside the docker img.

Thanks heaps for the help.

ok, Im trying to follow. I have changed the SAB categories folder setting to tv and movies (no more /)

On this point...

The incomplete files are still going to be going to /config/Downloads/Incomplete because you set that path to be Downloads/incomplete (first picture) which is not a relative folder and is stored off of /config.

...are you saying I need to correct this also? ie my incomplete/in progress downloads are not being stored outside the img on the cache drive? The thing is many individual moves etc are 15GB+ so I need them being downloaded outside the docker img.

Thanks heaps for the help.

That is correct.  Its relative so its being stored outside.

But you may or may not still have some corruption.  At the very least, I would delete the sab image (container & image) and then reinstall it from the my-sab template.  It'll be setup the exact same way as you left it, but will delete all the excess stuff that's gotten stored within the docker.img file.