jonp

Hi

This is my latest Openelec image compiled for unraid, i made few changes

https://www.sendspace.com/file/83q6rd

- based on Openelec 6.0 final with kodi 15.2 final

- updated libairplay to latest from master

- added 9p mount shares from unraid

- system fully load to RAM

- i dropped few drivers (for sure working NVIDIA and Intel)

for mount /mnt/shares from unraid please add to XML this lines

<filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>
      <source dir='/mnt/user'/>
      <target dir='unraid'/>
    </filesystem>

best just add below this lines

<source dir='/mnt/cache/.apps/OpenELEC'/>
      <target dir='appconfig'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </filesystem>

code for mount 9p i taken from @eschultz (thanks)

i dont know why he dropped this in new build ... for me eveything working fine so im using now only 9p without NFS mounting

PS. Later i will maybe build with full driver set, and Beta 7.0 with Jarvis

UPDATE:

build with all GPU drivers - https://www.sendspace.com/file/szkwm4

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

With the LT template, OpenELEC doesn't like changing the refresh rate to match the video and DTS-HD and TrueHD work. I've also run into the problem where I will reboot the VM and all the settings for Kodi are reset (skin, weather addon, etc.).

With a generic OpenELEC VM, OpenELEC changes the refresh rate fine to match the video; but DTS-HD and TrueHD do not work.

With the LT template, OpenELEC doesn't like changing the refresh rate to match the video and DTS-HD and TrueHD work. I've also run into the problem where I will reboot the VM and all the settings for Kodi are reset (skin, weather addon, etc.).

With a generic OpenELEC VM, OpenELEC changes the refresh rate fine to match the video; but DTS-HD and TrueHD do not work.

OopsAllBerrys,

What kind of hardware are you using? On my machines I have both refresh rate match and HD Audio passthrough working. I have also not experienced a loss of settings upon reboot.

Gulo,

I will have to give your VM image a go. I would love to use 9P filesystem.

OopsAllBerrys,

What kind of hardware are you using? On my machines I have both refresh rate match and HD Audio passthrough working. I have also not experienced a loss of settings upon reboot.

I am running a Radeon HD 6450. If I turn match refresh rate off, HD audio passthrough works at 60Hz on both the LT template and the generic VM. It seems like this is a driver issue from AMD after some Googling. Looks like I need to find a cheap NVIDIA card that will support HD audio passthrough at 24 Hz.

I tried to upgrade to OpenELEC-unRAID.x86_64-6.0.0.img But i get an error "can ?t access tty job control turned off"

I tried both to just replace the file and use the old .img name. Then edit the XML with the new filename. but same error.

Any ideas? Do i need to change the UUID of the temlate?

I tried to upgrade to OpenELEC-unRAID.x86_64-6.0.0.img But i get an error "can ?t access tty job control turned off"

I tried both to just replace the file and use the old .img name. Then edit the XML with the new filename. but same error.

You are using the LT OE template?  If so, you can't upgrade the way you normally would (copying SYSTEM and KERNEL files to the Update folder) because the official version does not have the tweaks needed to run OE in KVM.  You will need to wait until LT releases a template that is updated to 6.0 final.

You are using the LT OE template?  If so, you can't upgrade the way you normally would (copying SYSTEM and KERNEL files to the Update folder) because the official version does not have the tweaks needed to run OE in KVM.  You will need to wait until LT releases a template that is updated to 6.0 final.

Im copying the .img file earlier in this thread. OpenELEC-unRAID.x86_64-6.0.0.img And i tried both the one with all GPUs and the first one without all GPUs.

When do you get the error?

In the web GUI or on the monitor for openelec?

It´s on the TV with the unraid/openelec logo.

I tried to install a new VM, same error, changed to beta3, and checked logs. But all entries are from 5.95.3

JoWe

I missed that you needed this line in XML, when i did it started ok, but my remote stoped working. So i installed the Generic Openelec. And now its all good!

for mount /mnt/shares from unraid please add to XML this lines

<source dir='/mnt/user'/>
      <target dir='unraid'/>
    </filesystem>

best just add below this lines

<source dir='/mnt/cache/.apps/OpenELEC'/>
      <target dir='appconfig'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x01' function='0x0'/>
    </filesystem>

Is anyone else experiencing the issues below with OE v6 (either beta or final):

- Media takes longer to load.  i.e. with OE v5 when I click on a movie, it loads instantly.  With OE v6, it takes ~ 3 - 4 seconds before playback begins.

- Skipping forward/backward (long or short or chapter jumps) is just brutal.  With OE v5, if I step forward a chapter or 30 seconds or whatever, it is instant.  With OE v6 if I do the same, it takes 3 - 4 seconds for the jump to happen (sometimes longer).  It is so bad, I cannot make multiple chapter jumps in a row.  I have to wait for one to jump and then click another and so on.

I experienced these same issues in all of the OE v6 betas and they were not corrected in OE v6 final.  I am going back to OE 5.0.8 unless someone suggests a fix.

John

- Media takes longer to load.  i.e. with OE v5 when I click on a movie, it loads instantly.  With OE v6, it takes ~ 3 - 4 seconds before playback begins.

- Skipping forward/backward (long or short or chapter jumps) is just brutal.  With OE v5, if I step forward a chapter or 30 seconds or whatever, it is instant.  With OE v6 if I do the same, it takes 3 - 4 seconds for the jump to happen (sometimes longer).  It is so bad, I cannot make multiple chapter jumps in a row.  I have to wait for one to jump and then click another and so on.

I experienced these same issues in all of the OE v6 betas and they were not corrected in OE v6 final.  I am going back to OE 5.0.8 unless someone suggests a fix.

John

Hi,

I dont have this problem, i installed my VM OE 6.0.0 from the generic guide. 1 cpu core and 1GB mem. The things that take time is if i browse in library mode, and start a movie, the disk needs to spin up. And then i pause the video to change resolution for 6-7sec. (The Samsung TV is so slow to change!) But after that everything is good, i can jump FFW or RWD with less than a sec delay. My files are packed in rar. so it need to unpack on the fly as well.

I´m using SMB shares on my "tower".

JoWe

John

Hi,

I dont have this problem, i installed my VM OE 6.0.0 from the generic guide. 1 cpu core and 1GB mem. The things that take time is if i browse in library mode, and start a movie, the disk needs to spin up. And then i pause the video to change resolution for 6-7sec. (The Samsung TV is so slow to change!) But after that everything is good, i can jump FFW or RWD with less than a sec delay. My files are packed in rar. so it need to unpack on the fly as well.

JoWe

I can't understand why I am having this problem.  SMB here for me also.  Using the same exact install method, v5.0.8 works fine but v6.0.0 exhibits this behavior.

I think I will try with a local MKV to rule out an SMB or MySQL issue.

John

I can't understand why I am having this problem.  SMB here for me also.  Using the same exact install method, v5.0.8 works fine but v6.0.0 exhibits this behavior.

John

Same here, MariaDB shared SQL, and thumbnails on unraid share.  Everything on Cache, 4xSSD in RAID10.

John

Hi,

JoWe

John

I thought about a setting, under settings, video, playback. "Skip delay" it´s set to .750ms default. But ju can set a delay up to 3sec. But maybe thats just Jarvis, cant remember if its present in Isengard as well?

Can you try to load your media from somewhere else? just to try? I´m using all IP addresses when adding sources, MY SQL settings.

edit:

Have you tries Jarvis?

I´ve tried this. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238393

But cant get HD audio to work ok, it has a delay with DTS HD. Or ahead if it´s TrueHD. So im using a Win10 with latest Jarvis now.

I just put a GT720 card in and HD bitstreaming works beautifully.  :)

Hi Johnodon

I'm also using a DP Supermicro board and following your success have decided to get hold of a MSI GT720.

When I create the VM I'm getting no video output.  I wondered if I could perhaps ask if you are using network bonding and what settings you used on the VM setup?

I just put a GT720 card in and HD bitstreaming works beautifully.  :)

Hi Johnodon

I'm also using a DP Supermicro board and following your success have decided to get hold of a MSI GT720.

When I create the VM I'm getting no video output.  I wondered if I could perhaps ask if you are using network bonding and what settings you used on the VM setup?

The only way I can get video with the Nvidia cards I have is to set BIOS to OVMF.  If i used Seabios I got no video at all (although others have not had this issue).

I also had to set machine to i440fx 2.3 since I needed to set the disk to IDE (OVMF recognizes virtio but OE does not support it, and, OVMF didn't like SATA even though it would be fine in OE).

John

• 2 weeks later...

I've had good results using the GT720, except the dreaded audio and occasional video drop out..... 

The drop outs only seem to happen when streaming live or recorded TV from my TBS tuners (MPEG-2 format).  No dropouts when playing the shares from my server.

I have the addition of the "sound.conf" file and have tried all variations of options in the Kodi menu for refresh rates.

Having researched this, it seems common when trying to passthrough these file types to an AVR.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Any solution that I may be missing?