OpenELEC VM Template Support

jonp

I updated to unRAID 6.2.1 and it broke my openELEC. I tried re-installing the VM but it won't start. I'm getting:

"Failed to start org Server

See systemctl status xorg.service for details."

I have no idea what Xorg server is! Can anyone help?

Got to VMmanager and Enable PCIe ACS Override helped me get past this error and boot into openelec

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

with libreelec template i can boot fine without a gpu via vnc

but if i make custom template with latest libreelec, system wont boot

anyway to get around booting the image without gpu??

No there are isnt the driver support in the offical image for the vnc graphics. As libreelc is a media endpoint using vnc would be terrible to use with this vm?

No there are isnt the driver support in the offical image for the vnc graphics. As libreelc is a media endpoint using vnc would be terrible to use with this vm?

ahh ok.i just use the template to keep my library up to date with mysql database.

im aware of a headless docker but i prefer the basic gui to get things going

i have client devices that connect to the mysql database for media.

• 4 weeks later...
Any word on updates for the OpenELEC or LibreELEC VM templates?
Looking to run Krypton in a VM for my database updates. 
I've been trying to create my own but it fails at boot.

Since the templates come with unraid you will have to wait until at least the next Rev. Krypton was released a day or two after 6.3.2 so just bad luck there.

I'm in the same boat as you.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
17 hours ago, Morpheus said:

I have the VM setup, and everything is working in the OpenELEC GUI. When I try to watch anything the frame rate is .1, and cpu usage is high. I have attached  my diagnostic file.

tower-diagnostics-20191006-1208.zip 102.59 kB · 0 downloads

I think most people are using the official install from OpenELEC / LibreELEC, using this guide.

Im using a LibreELEC install with Kodi 19. And it's working great! Passing a Geforce GT 1030 and a USB controller card.

JoWe

4 hours ago, jowe said:

I think most people are using the official install from OpenELEC / LibreELEC, using this guide.

Im using a LibreELEC install with Kodi 19. And it's working great! Passing a Geforce GT 1030 and a USB controller card.

JoWe

I was wondering if it's my GPU. I have a GT 730. If you think that it's not a GPU issue then I will try your method. Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

I was wondering if it's my GPU. I have a GT 730. If you think that it's not a GPU issue then I will try your method. Thanks.

The templates in unRAID is OpenELEC 6.0.3 and LibreELEC 7.0.1, thoose are from 2016, and though they should work with your 730. I would try to upgrade anyway. To be on a more current version.

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, spl147 said:

is the LibreELEC template ever going to be updated?

You don't need the template for LibreElec to work, you can run the latest version as a VM.  However you need a graphcis card to pass through in order to work.  There's only ever been one modified LibreElec version that would work with no GPU, and that's an old version now also.