[Support] Linuxserver.io - Headphones

6 minutes ago, littlered said:

Hello,

I am using Headphones with NZBGet. What path should be set for the destination directory so downloads are automatically moved after downloaded with NZBGet? Currently, I have it set as /mnt/cache/Docker/nzbget/downloads/ in Headphones and in the Docker container path but files don't seem to move.

Thank you!

I don't use headphones, but you set the exact same volume path mapping (both host and container) to be identical on both NZBGet and on Headphones

Whenever I add an artist it takes an EXTREMELY long time to load the artwork and information.  I even have the musicbrainz docker running to mitigate issues.  When I use the phaze headphones PLUGIN it works just fine.  What logs can I provide to mitigate issues?  I obviously am not interested in running a headphones plugin.  I would much rather use your docker.  Even my ombi server says "Headphones request are responding extremely slowly" in my log files.

On 8/24/2016 at 9:27 AM, jbear said:

Anyone else use Headphones with the local Musicbrainz server docker?  Headphones seems brutally slow using my local MusicBrainz server, if I query the same LOCAL Musicbrainz server directly via the web interface, it seems to be fairly quick.  Headphones seems to pause on "(Album information for this artist is currently being loaded)" .. 

Any help is appreciated.

I have this EXACT same issue. My local musicbrainz server is very fast but the headphones artist loading is extremely slow. No errors in log.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still having problems with Headphones segfaulting.. Is there anything more that we can do to get to the bottom of this.  There is nothing meaningful in the logs it seems.  It seems to happen when adding a new artist but there is no real consistency with it, sometimes it will happen immediately, other times after 3-6 albums being added, and then just to annoy you the next time you try it will scan all albums correctly! 

So after a bit of playing around this morning hopefully i have something that can be repeated.  Completely fresh install of Headphones in a new docker for testing, during the import of my music folder i noticed it segfaulted whilst processing Johann Sebastian Bach.

So now i have a completely clean install, no albums or artists at all.  Instead of importing from my music library i'm just adding Johann Sebastian Bach as a new artist and it faults almost immediately.  Just repeated this several times with a completely clean install and it it happens each time. 

Edited by reggierat

I'm having issues with the docker adding torrents.

2017-04-02 17:55:34	ERROR	No JSON object could be decoded

2017-04-02 17:55:34	ERROR	Traceback (most recent call last):; File "/app/headphones/headphones/deluge.py", line 79, in addTorrent; _get_auth(); File "/app/headphones/headphones/deluge.py", line 319, in _get_auth; auth = json.loads(response.text)["result"]; File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads; return _default_decoder.decode(s); File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode; obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end()); File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode; raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded"); ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

2017-04-02 17:55:34	ERROR	Error sending torrent to Deluge. Are you sure it's running? Maybe the torrent already exists?

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm trying to get this working, but the workflow stops halfway through.

I find an album I want, it is sent to Deluge and downloaded, but then Headphones doesn't see the file in the folder. It isn't an issue with the mapping I use the same file structure across all my automation apps and Deluge.
I'm guessing it is a issue with my setting within Headphones, but I haven't found where it is, and there really isn't a good setup guide for this software.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, deuxcolors said:

I'm trying to get this working, but the workflow stops halfway through.

I find an album I want, it is sent to Deluge and downloaded, but then Headphones doesn't see the file in the folder. It isn't an issue with the mapping I use the same file structure across all my automation apps and Deluge.
I'm guessing it is a issue with my setting within Headphones, but I haven't found where it is, and there really isn't a good setup guide for this software.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Logs? Error messages? Settings? Can't help you much without information. It sounds like a possible mapping issue. You sure there isn't a typo? For example "download" instead of "downloads".

Edited by bobbintb

Sorry. I know better...

Logs aren't showing anything.
I don't use "downloads" like most I set it, Deluge is the only one to use it since the folder is on the cache. All files downloaded by deluge are moved to a "seeds" folder on the array once download is completed (/seeds/"label"). This setup is working fine for Sonarr and Radarr (and Couchpotato previously).

In the case of Headphones, it finds the file I want, sends to Deluge, Deluge does as asked (labels the file as music, and moves it to /seeds/music), and from there Headphones does nothing. I manually had HP import music files from a different folder I had put in /seeds, and it did its job with no issue.

I'm certain it is something that isn't configured correctly in HP settings, but no clue what it may be.

DelugeDock.JPG

HeadphonesDock.JPG

HP1.JPG

HP2.JPG

Edited by deuxcolors
Removed a doubled image

Should your "Music download directory" and " move when completed" directory be the same?

Can we see the the container path to the directories? The screen shots only show the host side. Well, they do show the container paths but that is technically just a description and may not actually be what the container path is.

37 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

Should your "Music download directory" and " move when completed" directory be the same?

I don't know, but when you read the info below where you fill in the paths it seems to indicate that it should be the same. 

I'll try removing the "move when completed" information, and see if it helps (Deluge is already programmed to move the files).

***EDIT: Tried it. No change, no log errors.

37 minutes ago, bobbintb said:

Can we see the the container path to the directories? The screen shots only show the host side. Well, they do show the container paths but that is technically just a description and may not actually be what the container path is.

I'm not sure what you mean. I would I go about getting that info?

Edited by deuxcolors
Tested a theory

I'll try removing the "move when completed" information, and see if it helps (Deluge is already programmed to move the files).

If you would change anything, I'd think it's "music download directory". Deluge is already programmed to move files but Headphones has to know where those are.

I'm not sure what you mean. I would I go about getting that info?

Click the 'edit' button next to the path in the docker config. The reason being, that orange text is just a description, not the actual path:
1.png.75a63a0c54b3ff8ae7ff2835fbed5017.png

If you're lazy like me or just don't notice, you could change the container path and not change the description:2.png.6d23d802e9e650f1739b9b80877dcef2.png

In my case, the description says the container path is /downloads but it is actually /server. So, if you and everyone helping are operating under the assumption that the description and container path are the same when they are not, it could cause problems. They very well may be the same for you, I just don't want to assume.

Edited by bobbintb

After a couple of hours I got the docker working but now I'm stuck on one last thing -- Headphones will search for and download music and move it to a music specific downloads directory but even after waiting 24 hours no processing happens.

If I click on force processing then processing works but I have to manually click the button to tell headphones to go.

I also can't find any setting that looks like a timer for how often processing is suppose to trigger. It would be a lot easier to search logs if I knew it goes off every X hours.

There are no relevant errors in the log -- only error is that a pull from metacritic seems to get a 404 error fairly frequently.

I could live with just manually pressing process every so often but if I could get it working properly that would obviously be better. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

1 hour ago, Naldinho said:

After a couple of hours I got the docker working but now I'm stuck on one last thing -- Headphones will search for and download music and move it to a music specific downloads directory but even after waiting 24 hours no processing happens.

If I click on force processing then processing works but I have to manually click the button to tell headphones to go.

I also can't find any setting that looks like a timer for how often processing is suppose to trigger. It would be a lot easier to search logs if I knew it goes off every X hours.

There are no relevant errors in the log -- only error is that a pull from metacritic seems to get a 404 error fairly frequently.

I could live with just manually pressing process every so often but if I could get it working properly that would obviously be better. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Not really without you posting all the paths involved.   Docker run commands and how things are setup within the involved containers would  be needed.

7 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Not really without you posting all the paths involved.   Docker run commands and how things are setup within the involved containers would  be needed.

Certainly.

rblBop0.png

Both Move When Completed and Music Download Directory are set to /downloads/Music

This was after a few tries experimenting and it works as I expect -- files end up where they are supposed to be.

I don't believe it is a paths issue since clicking on Force Post-Process Albums in Download Folder works. The problem seems to be that whatever is supposed to trigger that process automatically never fires.

On 3/29/2017 at 8:16 PM, reggierat said:

I'm still having problems with Headphones segfaulting.. Is there anything more that we can do to get to the bottom of this.  There is nothing meaningful in the logs it seems.  It seems to happen when adding a new artist but there is no real consistency with it, sometimes it will happen immediately, other times after 3-6 albums being added, and then just to annoy you the next time you try it will scan all albums correctly! 

So after a bit of playing around this morning hopefully i have something that can be repeated.  Completely fresh install of Headphones in a new docker for testing, during the import of my music folder i noticed it segfaulted whilst processing Johann Sebastian Bach.

So now i have a completely clean install, no albums or artists at all.  Instead of importing from my music library i'm just adding Johann Sebastian Bach as a new artist and it faults almost immediately.  Just repeated this several times with a completely clean install and it it happens each time. 

Is anyone else able to recreate this? 

Just tried it again after leaving it alone for a few weeks, latest update

this time it adds almost 2000 albums before segfaulting , so i guess it's an improvement :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-4-21 at 11:56 PM, Lee B said:

Hi all, how do you set up the Headphones docker on a different IP address? I've seen one docker had a variable of ServerIP?

Please help

Look at macvlan, there's a good tutorial of it on this forum.