Out of Space?

somail

So I woke up to to my Sonarr (NEEDO) docker no longer working.  The Sonarr webpage loads, but nothing from the database is pulled (basically a blank screen with the Sonarr background).  Given the errors I am seeing I figure this is not related to the container and Sonarr was just the first casualty.

My first attempt was to restart Sonarr.  This did not help and the Sonarr log is showing SQL "disk is full" errors. Log (errors at the bottom): http://pastebin.com/smPYAbv4

I then tried reinstalling the docker and pointing to the same mappings as my existing setup to keep my configuration.  This gave more disk is full errors: http://pastebin.com/VgHQYfHS

This also appears at the bottom of the update page:

Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 4 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/dockerClient.php on line 297 Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 24 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/dockerClient.php on line 453 

I then thought that my docker image, which is set at 10GB was full.  Assuming I am reading the docker settings page correctly I still have plenty of space:

Label: none  uuid: 7216ff55-ac0b-4da2-86ed-f17424d2b442
Total devices 1 FS bytes used 8.30GiB
devid    1 size 10.00GiB used 10.00GiB path /dev/loop0

btrfs-progs v4.0.1

I am using my cache disk for the docker image and it currently has 43GB free.  Last night is was down to 1.2GB but I'm assuming that should not have caused the issue.

I also updated from 6.0 -> 6.01, rebooted and the problem continues.

The container's name now says "berserk_curie", which is mildly entertaining (see attachment).

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix my berserk curie?

Capture.PNG.5eac32b3b37e6e0c2420c5e2e0877230.PNG

So I woke up to to my Sonarr (NEEDO) docker no longer working.  The Sonarr webpage loads, but nothing from the database is pulled (basically a blank screen with the Sonarr background).  Given the errors I am seeing I figure this is not related to the container and Sonarr was just the first casualty.

My first attempt was to restart Sonarr.  This did not help and the Sonarr log is showing SQL "disk is full" errors. Log (errors at the bottom): http://pastebin.com/smPYAbv4

I then tried reinstalling the docker and pointing to the same mappings as my existing setup to keep my configuration.  This gave more disk is full errors: http://pastebin.com/VgHQYfHS

This also appears at the bottom of the update page:

Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 4 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/dockerClient.php on line 297 Warning: file_put_contents(): Only 0 of 24 bytes written, possibly out of free disk space in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/dockerClient.php on line 453 

I then thought that my docker image, which is set at 10GB was full.  Assuming I am reading the docker settings page correctly I still have plenty of space:

Label: none  uuid: 7216ff55-ac0b-4da2-86ed-f17424d2b442
Total devices 1 FS bytes used 8.30GiB
devid    1 size 10.00GiB used 10.00GiB path /dev/loop0

btrfs-progs v4.0.1

I am using my cache disk for the docker image and it currently has 43GB free.  Last night is was down to 1.2GB but I'm assuming that should not have caused the issue.

I also updated from 6.0 -> 6.01, rebooted and the problem continues.

The container's name now says "berserk_curie", which is mildly entertaining (see attachment).

Does anyone have an idea on how to fix my berserk curie?

Your problem is most likely because a Docker Container is saving data inside a container rather than saving data on a user share on your array. You need to check your mappings to start with. I am not using your setup so this is just an example. You need to check your settings for each Docker.

Let’s say you have a Docker app that is downloading files that you would store on a share on the array a mapping could look like this:

/data --> /mnt/user/download

Then you would expect that your downloaded files would be in the download share (folder). To make this happen you normally also need to configure each Docker app. If there is a setting in the Docker app for the location for downloads it should be set to

/data

for this to work.

Reinstalling/updating a Docker will not delete any data so your disk image is still full. You need to delete the Docker app and its container to clear the disk image. Once done you can check that you got some free space and then install the Docker Containers again and setup the mappings needed.

Several similar threads this morning. Just browse the new threads in this subforum for more thoughts about your full docker.img. Since you are going to delete and recreate docker.img your berserk curie will take care of itself.

Even if it’s explained in the sticky post “Docker FAQ” in the second post by Squid it might not be obvious for everybody! Might be useful to have some pictures there showing a typical setup from, for example, Deluge that is commonly used.

Several similar threads this morning. Just browse the new threads in this subforum for more thoughts about your full docker.img. Since you are going to delete and recreate docker.img your berserk curie will take care of itself.

I noticed after upgrading to RC6 that my docker.img was full after a while, I just recreated docker.img and started from afresh but I have been noticing it's use is climbing again without any additional apps downloaded.

Figure something somewhere is writing into the container.  Now the fun begins trying to work out which...

EDIT: Actually some increase in use is acceptable, if a container auto updates etc.  So actually I think what I need to work out is if the rate of increase is "unacceptable" or not.

Thanks for the help everyone and sorry for the slow reply on getting back to this thread.  I checked through all my mappings and could not find any incorrect mappings.  I decided to go for broke and deleted my docker image and started from scratch.  Everything now works and my data usage looks like this:

Label: none  uuid: 83fdbf07-310a-4331-b6ca-41461ab16872
    	Total devices 1 FS bytes used 1.94GiB
    	devid    1 size 10.00GiB used 4.04GiB path /dev/loop0

btrfs-progs v4.0.1

Much better than the 10GB/10GB and 8.3GB file system usage from my original post.  I wish I knew what caused this, but I guess after 6 months of continual docker usage maybe this is to be expected.....  I am attaching a screenshot of my mappings if someone wants to take a quick look to see if something stands out.

Thanks

Capture.PNG.80b80bf7e95a2256392ec0f2614db18d.PNG

Thanks for the help everyone and sorry for the slow reply on getting back to this thread.  I checked through all my mappings and could not find any incorrect mappings.  I decided to go for broke and deleted my docker image and started from scratch.  Everything now works and my data usage looks like this:

Label: none  uuid: 83fdbf07-310a-4331-b6ca-41461ab16872
    	Total devices 1 FS bytes used 1.94GiB
    	devid    1 size 10.00GiB used 4.04GiB path /dev/loop0

btrfs-progs v4.0.1

Much better than the 10GB/10GB and 8.3GB file system usage from my original post.  I wish I knew what caused this, but I guess after 6 months of continual docker usage maybe this is to be expected.....  I am attaching a screenshot of my mappings if someone wants to take a quick look to see if something stands out.

Thanks

Your mappings looks ok but you must also make sure the settings in each Docker app are ok.

These settings are individual for each app (and might not be needed in all apps) and I don’t have all the apps you are using but for example in Deluge you need to set the download location to

/downloads

in the app itself (in the GUI) as well if you have the Volume Mappings

/downloads <--> /mnt/cache/APPS/Downloads

Also it looks like the latest version of Plex (0.9.12.11) is giving some users problems. It looks like when Plex is playing a video it is storing temporary data in the Container. This data is deleted after when you stop playing but look out for this as well because if the Docker.img gets full you will have a crash.