linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - Quassel-Core

38 posts in this topic Last Reply

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/40888-support-linuxserverio-quassel-core/?tab=comments#comment-458320

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/quassel-core/

Application Setup

Quassel wiki: quassel

A great place to host a quassel instance is a VPS, such as DigitalOcean. For $5 a month you can have a 24/7 IRC connection and be up and running in under 55 seconds (or so they claim).

Once you have the container running, fire up a quassel desktop client and connect to your new core instance using your droplets public IP address and the port you specified in your docker run command default: 4242. Create an admin user, select SQLite as your storage backend (Quassel limitation). Setup your real name and nick, then press Save & Connect.

You're now connected to IRC. Let's add you to our IRC #linuxserver.io room on Freenode. Click 'File' > 'Networks' > 'Configure Networks' > 'Add' (under Networks section, not Servers) > 'Use preset' > Select 'Freenode' and then configure your identity using the tabs in the 'Network details' section. Once connected to Freenode, click #join and enter #linuxserver.io. That's it, you're done.

Hi, I can´t get /setkey to work. I recieve the following error:

"Error: Setting an encryption key requires Quassel to have been built with support for the Qt Cryptographic Architecture (QCA) library. Contact your distributor about a Quassel package with QCA support, or rebuild Quassel with QCA present."

Is there anything I manually need to do?, or is it just not built with QCA support?

Does anyone know anything about the issue above?

7 minutes ago, Sic79 said:

Does anyone know anything about the issue above?

We most likely don't build it with qca support. Didn't see anything in the code about it.

I'll look into if it's possible to add it easily.

We most likely don't build it with qca support. Didn't see anything in the code about it.

Thanks! Hope it is easy/possible to fix :)

Hi@saarg

Did you have time to look at qca support? Just wondering since Im planning to move my IRC setup to unraid this week.

Cheers!

8 hours ago, Sic79 said:

Hi@saarg

Did you have time to look at qca support? Just wondering since Im planning to move my IRC setup to unraid this week.

Cheers!

I have not looked at it yet.

I have not looked at it yet.

Ok, do you plan in the near future to have a look at it? I just wonder if I should wait or move along and try another IRC solution. Thanks

11 hours ago, Sic79 said:

Ok, do you plan in the near future to have a look at it? I just wonder if I should wait or move along and try another IRC solution. Thanks

Some time during this week, when I get the time.

Nice, thanks. Then I will wait and see :).

Hi@saarg , Did you get the time to look at the source code?

7 hours ago, Sic79 said:

Hi@saarg , Did you get the time to look at the source code?

Sorry, that completely slipped my mind. I'll look at it, but most likely no time this week as I'm away from home.

Sorry, that completely slipped my mind. I'll look at it, but most likely no time this week as I'm away from home.

No worries, I’ll check back in this thread in a week or 2 to see if there is some progress.