[Support] Linuxserver.io - Piwigo

Ah, I can see that now that you mention it.

OK. Looks like I've got 200+GB free on cache, so that's what I'll do. Might be a good excuse to buy a larger SSD for cache in the not to distant future... :)

Bear in mind you only need to backup the appdata and not the docker.img, 200GB should be more than enough to be honest.

Bear in mind you only need to backup the appdata and not the docker.img, 200GB should be more than enough to be honest.

I will keep that in mind. (Next project, figure out the best way to do that. I saw your reference to CA, but I'll have to do some rummaging in there...)

And now for something completely different...

Uninstalled piwigo

uninstalled mariaDB

reinstalled mariaDB

reinstalled piwigo

and... IT WORKS!!!!!!

I think it may be because I didn't have a separate user created within maria to use for piwigo. Now that I think about it, I'm about 100% certain that was the issue. I thought the piwigo setup would create that user for me, this time I created it in maria prior to reinstalling piwigo & used that one.

By the time I'd seen that you posted the video, I had it working. I'll have to take a look to see if there's anything critical I may have missed.

I really appreciate all your help CHBMB! My new daughter-in-law is now able to start perusing the wedding pictures as I start adding them to albums here. She's very, very excited!

• 11 months later...

Hi guys

I'm trying this again and so far performance is very interesting.  I'm hitting a snag with reverse proxying it though.  @CHBMB had explained how to do it here: apache config but it seems this is on nginx now, not apache.

My nginx container can reverse proxy but piwigo doesn't like the url root.

I tried changing this:

location / {
        try_files $uri $uri/ /index.html /index.php?$args =404;
    }

to this:

location /piwigo {
    }

in the piwigo container at ...\appdata\piwigo\nginx\site-confs\default 

But it doesn't have the effect I was hoping on (it has no effect that I can see).  I must admit the nginx documentation is flying way above my head.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am using Piwigo with the videojs plugin. Some of its features require ffmpeg and mediainfo. How can I install these utilities on the Docker container, so that I may fully utilize this plugin?

UPDATE:

I think I sort of solved it.

1. I SSHed into the server, then into the docker with:
    docker exec -it piwigo /bin/bash

2. I installed the packages using apk:

apk add ffmpeg
    apk add mediainfo

It seems kinda dirty, but it works for now. I'm certainly interested in hearing best practices for this sort of thing.

Edited by PhantamaroK
Update
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I noticed that the photos uploaded to the Piwigo is located in /mnt/cache/appdata/piwigo/www/gallery/upload/.

Is there a way to change this location to the array Shares instead?

My cache drive has limited space and it got corrupted several times now and can't really trust it to hold my photos or videos. Also, backing up the appdata would get really big.

On 6/4/2018 at 7:25 PM, lostincable said:

Has anyone managed to add a share folder to piwigo?

I believe you can symlink the relevant folder to the piwigo picture folder and re sync the album's.

Has anyone done this?

Or have an alternative photo management software.

Have you found a solution to moving the photos to the share folder or have you found your alternatives?

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

hello everyone, I am having issues bringing up Piwigo after an update some time ago, I have a backup of the appdata, and have regained access to MariaDB, forgot the password... I have reinstalled the Piwigo app numerous times but I can only get it to come up from a clean install, but obviously without any of my setting pics or changes.

How can I fix this? What do you need in order to help me?

• 3 months later...

If you want to mount your images into this Docker you have to create a new "Path" Variable and set the Container Path to /config/www/gallery/galleries/

Worked for me at least :)

However i am having major performance problems :( I shows no load on the CPU and RAM and takes forever to create thumbnails or add my IPTC mapped fields to the database. Its going at a rate of about 1 picture per 5 seconds and the Gallery is pretty laggy in general.

3 hours ago, Aderalia said:

If you want to mount your images into this Docker you have to create a new "Path" Variable and set the Container Path to /config/www/gallery/galleries/

Worked for me at least :)

However i am having major performance problems :( I shows no load on the CPU and RAM and takes forever to create thumbnails or add my IPTC mapped fields to the database. Its going at a rate of about 1 picture per 5 seconds and the Gallery is pretty laggy in general.

That's the correct solution to the issue. ;)

As for the performance, lots of factors spring to mind, CPU, RAM, location of gallery (on cache/array HDD/SSD) so not sure what to say about that.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, CHBMB said:

That's the correct solution to the issue. ;)

As for the performance, lots of factors spring to mind, CPU, RAM, location of gallery (on cache/array HDD/SSD) so not sure what to say about that.

Just do as I do, run piwigo, mariadb, php, nginx in a debian 9 VM. So much easier to maintain. You use the VM shares unraid offers for the data and you're done.

Plus, if you want nextcloud, just add it alongside in the same VM, uses a lot of the same resources, easy to maintain.

nginx hosts like a normal webserver, no proxying, easy to route IP to/from the VM IP.

Performance is superb in this household and beyond. And if it tends to slow down, I just give extra resources to the VM.

I installed nginx from source, which allowed me to use the fancyindex extension and several other cutting edge security and performance stuff.

Another advantage is mysql access is local for both piwigo and nextcloud. No fussing about with virtual networks for db access.

Doing this with docker is just a PITA in the end. They're doing this where I work, but honestly, I'm failing to see the advantages. It costs way more time to maintain. The only time gained is during (first) install. docker is nice for testing purposes, not for production level serving of piwigo/nextcloud.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2017 at 1:28 AM, Gog said:

Hi guys

I'm trying this again and so far performance is very interesting.  I'm hitting a snag with reverse proxying it though.  @CHBMB had explained how to do it here: apache config but it seems this is on nginx now, not apache.

My nginx container can reverse proxy but piwigo doesn't like the url root.

I tried changing this:

location / {
    }

to this:

location /piwigo {
    }

in the piwigo container at ...\appdata\piwigo\nginx\site-confs\default 

But it doesn't have the effect I was hoping on (it has no effect that I can see).  I must admit the nginx documentation is flying way above my head.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Did you ever get this working with your reverse proxy? 

15 hours ago, downer06 said:

I have it configured now as a subdomain and it works.  Haven't tried to set it as a subfolder in ages.  I'll post the nginx .conf file tonight.

On 7/7/2019 at 9:28 PM, downer06 said:

There you go:

server {
	listen 80;
	server_name _;
	return 301 https://$host$request_uri;
}

server {
	listen 443 ssl;

server_name gallery.*;

include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
		proxy_pass http://192.168.1.111:8093/;
		proxy_set_header Host $host;
		proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
#		try_files $uri $uri/ /index.html /index.php?$args =404;
	}
}

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys!
I have got running a Piwigo docker on my home server. Looking on my Piwigo administration page I see there seems to be a new version of Piwigo: 2.10.1. My actual version of Piwigo is 2.9.5.
Do I have to update Piwigo via web interface (similar to Nextcloud docker)? Or do I have to wait for an update of the docker image (similar to Unifi-Controller docker)?

12 hours ago, Major Tom said:

Hi guys!
I have got running a Piwigo docker on my home server. Looking on my Piwigo administration page I see there seems to be a new version of Piwigo: 2.10.1. My actual version of Piwigo is 2.9.5.
Do I have to update Piwigo via web interface (similar to Nextcloud docker)? Or do I have to wait for an update of the docker image (similar to Unifi-Controller docker)?

Update your container and you will get the latest version.

We releases 2.10.1 on October 8th.

On 11/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, saarg said:

Update your container and you will get the latest version.

We releases 2.10.1 on October 8th.

I have a running installation of Piwigo via docker. I stopped all containers, I even deleted all images, containers, btrfs-subvolumes and made a complete reinstall of docker with a cleaned /var/lib/docker directory and with newly pulled images. But after that Piwigo still shows me a version number of 2.9.5. I did not removed the config directory because I did not want to loose my setup of Piwigo.
So, what did I do wrong? Do I have to clean up my config directory in order to get 2.10.1? Or do I have to update via the webfrontend of Piwigo?

piwigo_screenshot_20191130.jpg.2c6798d033c50c87be7ba8f79b881618.jpg

Edited by Major Tom

I'm having the same issue as Major Tom, my Piwigo is still showing 2.9.5 with the latest update and I'm not getting the new features that 2.10 is supposed to have.

I tried changing to the latest tag but doesn't seem to have done anything(not sure if I did it correctly)

Also, the Dockerhub page is giving a 404 error atm.

Excuse the newb here but...

Installed piwigo and got DB working and reverse proxy etc...

it appears it’s saving actual pics uploaded to appdata/piwigo/www/gallery/upload/2019/12/02

Is where this saving pics going to cause my docker.img to fill up? If it’s not saving pics in a good place now can I move just where it saves pics? Not sure if that directory is part of docked.img or not but I know I don’t want docker.img to fill up. 

Any advice would be awesome?

Thanks!

265D89BC-3290-42ED-9B89-847097DE45E7.png

Edited by blaine07
Pic
1 hour ago, blaine07 said:

Excuse the newb here but...

Installed piwigo and got DB working and reverse proxy etc...

it appears it’s saving actual pics uploaded to appdata/piwigo/www/gallery/upload/2019/12/02

Is where this saving pics going to cause my docker.img to fill up? If it’s not saving pics in a good place now can I move just where it saves pics? Not sure if that directory is part of docked.img or not but I know I don’t want docker.img to fill up. 

Any advice would be awesome?

Thanks!

265D89BC-3290-42ED-9B89-847097DE45E7.png

I'm going to answer that with a question and you will hopefully understand where to images are stored.

Where is you appdata folder located?