[Partially SOLVED] Is there an effort to solve the SAS2LP issue? (Tom Question)

TODDLT

Interestingly enough, the problem with SAS2LP (at least in my case) seemed to come during a Parity Check.  Isn't that a read-only operation at the sector level, and is therefore considered file-system agnostic?

Different issues I think. The only parity check issue I had was the slowness that was recently resolved. This other issue that results in a full system hang happens only after I write data to my RFS array. For the past 10 days I've purposely only written to the XFS cache drive and I've not had a single hang where I would have had 2-3 normally either with no cache drive or with running the mover nightly.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Something interesting with these cards. I have three friends all using them in new builds. New as in v6 builds. None of them had a v5 machine and all three systems are working fine.

Are they all using XFS (or BTRFS)? I suspect its localized to SAS2LP-MV8 cards + ReiserFS + Writing operations + (possibly) some additional factor in my setup.

I will ask and find out...

Confirmed, all three of these new systems are running XFS.

• 1 year later...

Hello Forum!  This is an older post but still recommended per the WiKi page.  I'm interested in adding this card to this MOBO: SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SLL-F-O running unRAID PRO v6.2.4.  My question is...  Have all issues been FULLY resolved with this card and if not, could you point me to some more recent posts describing ongoing issues and how to remediate?

Thanks, in advance for any assistance provided.

Hello Forum!  This is an older post but still recommended per the WiKi page.  I'm interested in adding this card to this MOBO: SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SLL-F-O running unRAID PRO v6.2.4.  My question is...  Have all issues been FULLY resolved with this card and if not, could you point me to some more recent posts describing ongoing issues and how to remediate?

Thanks, in advance for any assistance provided.

AFAIK there are no problems using it with VT-d disable, there are some users with issues with VT-d enable.

ETA: the issue remaining seams to be related to the Marvell issues with virtualization, not directly related to unRAID.