Looking for someone to help me update my unraid version 5 to 6 willing to paypal

Looking for someone to help me update my unraid server from version 5.0.5 to 6. I am willing to paypal them money to skype maybe or teamviewer or phone to help me install some apps like plex and help me upgrade my other apps to docker apps. Please help I'm not very good at linux and my unraid feels like I am stuck in the stone age . :-[ :'(

Thank you the apps that I have installed are sickbeard sabnzbd couch transmission, and ones I don't have that I would like are plex and headphones and beets.

My specs I'm not exactly sure I am trying to reach out to the person who built it. But I believe I have 4gb of ddr3 some asus motherboard, a 4tb parity drive, another 4tb drive 4 one tb drives and a 640gb cache drive I also have another computer I am willing to raid for parts if need be. If there is a way to look for my spects in the unmenu please let me know.

Thank you the apps that I have installed are sickbeard sabnzbd couch transmission, and ones I don't have that I would like are plex and headphones and beets.

My specs I'm not exactly sure I am trying to reach out to the person who built it. But I believe I have 4gb of ddr3 some asus motherboard, a 4tb parity drive, another 4tb drive 4 one tb drives and a 640gb cache drive I also have another computer I am willing to raid for parts if need be. If there is a way to look for my spects in the unmenu please let me know.

I personally have couchpotato, plex, sonarr (sickbeard alternative), and delugevpn dockers installed. I have used transmission before as well. Sabznbd I am not familiar with so I'd seek help on that somewhere else.

Your system seems perfectly capable of running those.

Have you looked at the unRAID 5 to 6 thread http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=39032.0;topicseen and tried to do this yourself? Doesn't require linux expertise (which I definately do NOT have).

thanks for the help the update worked now I am going to try to install my plugins wish me luck

You must not use any v5 plugins, and plugin installation is all from the webGUI in v6. Install the Community Applications plugin first, and try to use dockers instead of plugins. What other plugins did you have in mind?

I meant dockers was reading though some documents and I need toknow two things first where do I change the docker size from 10 gigs to 30 gigs

Secondly it said that the mover my move my docker image.

"Important Note: the Docker image file and various Docker folders are often saved to the Cache drive, but there is one thing you need to be careful of. Most users have User Shares turned on, and if you do then the Mover process is going to try to move files and folders from the Cache drive to a data drive. It assumes that any top level folder on any data drive or the Cache drive is a Share folder.

To avoid that, here are the rules for the Mover:

it does not move files at the root of the Cache drive

it does not move root folders IF those folders are configured as Cache-Only shares

it does not move root folders whose name begins with a period. (In Linux by convention, file or folder names beginning with a period are considered 'hidden'.)

What we recommend is to configure the Docker image file in the root of the Cache, where it will be safe, and configure all Docker folders as Cache-Only shares. If you forget, the Mover may move them off the Cache drive!"

where do I set these rules?

So when I tried to save the repositories in the docker app it didnt work but then I installed this https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg in the plugin section and they all showed up did I do it correctly if I did I am a little confuse with the folder managment.

I set up a new share called appdata should I move my old folders there?

So when I tried to save the repositories in the docker app it didnt work but then I installed this https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/community.applications/master/plugins/community.applications.plg in the plugin section and they all showed up did I do it correctly if I did I am a little confuse with the folder managment.

I set up a new share called appdata should I move my old folders there?

Set that share to Use cache disk: Only. That is how you keep mover from moving it.

What old folders do you mean?

I got old folders from my previous build of sabnzb but I assume I cant use those anymore, but does anybody have any idea why I cant install the dockers the regular way through the repository? also I made that share cache only thank you for that.

I don't think many people bother with trying to paste repository links into the dockers page anymore now that Community Applications is available. Probably it still works if you hold your tongue right. ;D

is there anyway I can look at your setting to see what I am doing wrong to try to make these docker apps work I downloaded nzbget because that seems to be what everyone is using right now.

Now I thinking about using beardrage or sonarr for tv and couchpotato for movies but I can find any thread with setting examples from anybody that seems to have gotten anything running someone please help I think I can see the finish line ps I am thinking about making a thread after i'm done to unraid dockers for dummy's lol

OK.

Are your downloads and appdata shares set to "Use Cache?: ONLY" ?

If yes, CouchPotato should rename as follows:

TO: /media

Change the transmission docker from /downloads to /data as well (they should be similar so cross communication works properly).

yes the appdata share is set to cache only so let me get this straight just so I understand couch /data should be mnt/user/data instead of mnt/user/downloads and transmission should be mnt/user/data?

OK.

Are your downloads and appdata shares set to "Use Cache?: ONLY" ?

If yes, CouchPotato should rename as follows:

TO: /media

Change the transmission docker from /downloads to /data as well (they should be similar so cross communication works properly).

yes the appdata share is set to cache only so let me get this straight just so I understand couch /data should be mnt/user/data instead of mnt/user/downloads and transmission should be mnt/user/data?

I think he is talking about the container volumes, and you are talking about the host paths.