[Plugin] Command Line Tools (Shell in a Box) for 6.1+

dmacias

using latest FF, just tried chrome and it does the same

Thanks

Myk

Just realized, it should be forward slashes (/) to indicate a linux path ... try: cd /boot/scripts/vlog

This is working on Chrome, Edge and FF!

Oh ok good. I only tested the characters that weren't working and the css.

You probably need to add the cert again. From the settings page when the service is running click on the version and add an exception. Or connect to the default port 4200 or the port you set up on your server from a separate browser tab. And add an exception for the self signed cert.

get the following 2 errors in my syslog upon bootup or array start

Sep 29 00:34:27 Tower shellinaboxd: /usr/sbin/shellinaboxd: /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/shellinaboxd)

Sep 29 00:34:27 Tower shellinaboxd: /usr/sbin/shellinaboxd: /lib64/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/shellinaboxd)

Thanks

Myk

get the following 2 errors in my syslog upon bootup or array start

Sep 29 00:34:27 Tower shellinaboxd: /usr/sbin/shellinaboxd: /lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/shellinaboxd)

Sep 29 00:34:27 Tower shellinaboxd: /usr/sbin/shellinaboxd: /lib64/libssl.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by /usr/sbin/shellinaboxd)

Thanks

Myk

Does it work otherwise? Running shellinaboxd --version will give those errors too. It shouldn't need to call those libs for that. They are safe to ignore. I'll see if I can suppress them in the mean time and contact developer to fix.

• 3 months later...

How were you trying to access it? I did make a couple mistakes when I changed the plugin name. On the Tools/Command Line page I didn't change the cfg name to to shellinabox-plugin so it can't find the cfg file and uses a default port. The other mistake was I set the default port on that page to 8088. So basically it will only work with port 8088.  I'll fix this when I get home.

You still should be able to connect to http://tower:4200 or what ever port you chose and the name or ip of your server.

Honestly I just enabled the plugin via the plugin settings and then went to tools and clicked on Command line icon. I didn't change any settings.

If you update the plugin, go to the settings page and enable. Then after it's running click on the green running link or connect to port 4200 manually. You have to add an exception in your browser for the self signed certificate that shell in a box uses.  Then the command line page will work.

Well... despite hoping to no longer need the command line I find myself in the middle of a file migration for an RFS to XFS swap on all disks and unBalance is not cooperating...

First - Great plugin!

Second - how the heck to we resume screen after closing the browse window?... I believe the old command, now not working, was;  screen -r

Thanks!

After I installed/enabled the plugin, I tried to open it and both Chrome and Edge give me a frowny face.  At least Edge tells me:

Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.

So I figured I need to install the cert.  When I click on that button, it navigates to http://192.168.1.10/boot/config/plugins/shellinabox-plugin/certificate-server.pem

and I get

404 File not found

What am I doing wrong?

After I installed/enabled the plugin, I tried to open it and both Chrome and Edge give me a frowny face.  At least Edge tells me:

Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.

So I figured I need to install the cert.  When I click on that button, it navigates to http://192.168.1.10/boot/config/plugins/shellinabox-plugin/certificate-server.pem

and I get

404 File not found

What am I doing wrong?

I used the wrong cert name. That was one I was playing with. It should be just certificate.pem. I'll fix in a minute.