[Plugin] Command Line Tools (Shell in a Box) for 6.1+

dmacias

How to install the Tower self-signed PEM into Windows? Certificate import complains file format is incorrect.

It won't work. The Even importing into firefox seem to work but only because I had already added an exception. I'll remove the button for now until I automate my own self signed certificate instead of the one produced by shellinabox.

How to install the Tower self-signed PEM into Windows? Certificate import complains file format is incorrect.

After I installed/enabled the plugin, I tried to open it and both Chrome and Edge give me a frowny face.  At least Edge tells me:

Content was blocked because it was not signed by a valid security certificate.

So I figured I need to install the cert.  When I click on that button, it navigates to http://192.168.1.10/boot/config/plugins/shellinabox-plugin/certificate-server.pem

and I get

404 File not found

What am I doing wrong?

I added an option to disable SSL. 

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anyway to keep this running when maint needs to be done and array needs to be stopped?

Myk

The one thing I worry about though is if you have a terminal open to a path under /mnt the array won't stop. Maybe I could stop then restart the daemon on array stop.

Updated to run independent of the array. It will stay running if the array is stopped.  Added a choice to backup /root on reboot.  e.g. save mc settings, ssh keys bash profile. Also added a choice for a command line screenshot on login showing array status, #disks, parity check %.  You can run 'screenfetch' to refresh it.

Updated to run independent of the array. It will stay running if the array is stopped.  Added a choice to backup /root on reboot.  e.g. save mc settings, ssh keys bash profile. Also added a choice for a command line screenshot on login showing array status, #disks, parity check %.  You can run 'screenfetch' to refresh it.

Thanks for the /root backup. Is there some way we can get selectable color schemes? I have 2 servers and I need a strong visual reminder which server I am talking to.

Thanks for the /root backup. Is there some way we can get selectable color schemes? I have 2 servers and I need a strong visual reminder which server I am talking to.

Did you want different colors through shellinabox or any terminal connection?

If through shellinabox, I added bunch of custom css. You can right click on the web terminal and choose a color scheme.

If you want different colors through any terminal, the included screenfetch is customizable. I had planned to add selections in the webgui for custom ascii art logos and colors. Run screenfetch --help and you can see the available options.  You can edit /root/.bash_profile and add options to screenfetch.

• 1 month later...

I changed the plugin name and updated it to be compatible with 6.2.  You will need to uninstall the old and reinstall the new from the link in the op or here. All settings and backups will be transfered automatically.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/cmdline.plg

• 2 weeks later...

compiled shellinabox unofficial 2.20

Notable changes/fixes:

ignore VTE OSC6 and OSC7 escape sequences

adjust scale on IE

option to disable the peer check

Added support for middle-click paste, #350.

Improved iOS support, #354.

New logic to enable soft keyboard icon, #119, #321, #354.

Disable HTTPS fallback using the URL /plain. Consequently disables automatic upgrades from HTTP to HTTPS, #355. (CVE-2015-8400).

• 4 months later...

Thanks for this great add on. I was wondering if I login to the Web GUI via a client in the LAN and use the command line tool to do some file copying, will the job continue if I closed the web page? In other words, will the session continue even if I got disconnected from the server web GUI?

Thanks for this great add on. I was wondering if I login to the Web GUI via a client in the LAN and use the command line tool to do some file copying, will the job continue if I closed the web page? In other words, will the session continue even if I got disconnected from the server web GUI?

No, you'd need to run screen so your session stays active in the background. If you don't know what screen is let me know. Same would happen if you navigate to another page in the webgui or url. It gives a warning.

• 1 month later...

I saw above that you proposed adding an option to connect to the IP address by default. This would also benefit me, as on my Mac systems, the default connection of http://machinename does not work, since Macs expect to use the .local domain.

On a side note, this process helped me to recover my unRAID server from some Docker which I accidentally mounted / to, which then changed ownership and permissions on that mount point and its contents, without having to reboot the whole server to restore the initrd. Small stupidity averted without sacrificing my precious uptime, haha.

(OpenSSH will not let anyone log in if /var/empty is world accessible, among other things.)

I saw above that you proposed adding an option to connect to the IP address by default. This would also benefit me, as on my Mac systems, the default connection of http://machinename does not work, since Macs expect to use the .local domain.

On a side note, this process helped me to recover my unRAID server from some Docker which I accidentally mounted / to, which then changed ownership and permissions on that mount point and its contents, without having to reboot the whole server to restore the initrd. Small stupidity averted without sacrificing my precious uptime, haha.

(OpenSSH will not let anyone log in if /var/empty is world accessible, among other things.)

Are you using the cmdline.plg or the previous shellinabox-plugin.plg? In the cmdline plugin there's an option "Connect by IP Address". If you select yes and start shellinabox the Connect button and  /Tools/CommandLine page should connect by ip address in the underlying code. Also clicking on the green port number should open a new window and connect by ip address.