Solved!

TechDot

First, I am a total newbie to unRAID. I have a little experience with linux, but I am by no means a superuser...I hope somebody here can help me.

I downloaded and installed unRAID 6 free trial and got it to boot on an old server. I can login as root on the server. I edited the network.config file to assign a static IP and not use DHCP because it is on an AD domain:

# Generated network settings

USE_DHCP=no

IPADDR=192.168.0.235

NETMASK=255.255.255.0

GATEWAY=192.168.0.1

When I try to access the webgui on another computer on the same network through any web browser I get a connection_timed_ out error. I tried to telnet  and no luck there either. All support seems to assume you can get to the webgui, so I cannot use any of those posts or the telnet ones(seems like troubleshooting should maybe start with what to do if you cannot access the server by telnet or webgui). I found a post which told me to type diagnostics at the prompt so I did that. Attached is the tower-diagnostics file.  I am trying to repurpose an old server as a storage device for backups. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tower-diagnostics-20150904-0645.zip

I edited the network.config file... DHCP was turned back on. changed it to "no" and I can access the WebGUI again. Thanks for all your help!

addendum:

the server and RAID controller are too old, and do not recognize 3TB drives(showing 750gb in POST) and no drives are showing in array devices. I think that just stuck a fork in it, it's done.

Many thanks to all who replied.