Recycle Bin (vfs recycle) for SMB Shares

dlandon

@dlandon

16 hours ago, Barboska said:

This line has an extra line break 

1. about this, I think this is one sentence, but for some reason it is divided

ur7.PNG.c2487923e1268042f603d99701b1c369.PNG

2. Please check the help block :recycle_bin_shares_plug: 

https://github.com/unraid/lang-en_US/blob/38a00b44e1c9251be8af1cf3a78a88566ba3cee1/Recycle Bin/recyclebin.txt#L42

extra lines 41-42 got there, they should be higher and translated separately

https://github.com/dlandon/recycle.bin/blob/bd21514a3012effb7934b1f27ee6c48ebe1d0598/source/RecycleBinSettings.page#L57

https://github.com/dlandon/recycle.bin/blob/bd21514a3012effb7934b1f27ee6c48ebe1d0598/source/RecycleBinSettings.page#L58

1 hour ago, Barboska said:

1. about this, I think this is one sentence, but for some reason it is divided

It's two sentences. Equal sign added in the latest version.

1 hour ago, Barboska said:

2. Please check the help block :recycle_bin_shares_plug: 

Will publish fixes to these.

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Squirreljester said:

I just enabled this plug-in, but now I can't delete folders. Files delete fine, but folders won't go away, even empty ones. Also I can't see any recycle bin folder in the share. Do I have to reboot my server to get it to show up after installing the plug-in?

It should not affect at all what can be deleted.  It only puts files in the recycle bin that have been deleted in a SMB share.  The .Recycle.Bin folder is a hidden folder.  You have to browse directly to the \\Tower\share\.Recycle.Bin folder, unless you have hidden folders enabled in Windows.

You do not have to reboot the server to get the recycle bin to work.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

It should not affect at all what can be deleted.  It only puts files in the recycle bin that have been deleted in a SMB share.  The .Recycle.Bin folder is a hidden folder.  You have to browse directly to the \\Tower\share\.Recycle.Bin folder, unless you have hidden folders enabled in Windows.

You do not have to reboot the server to get the recycle bin to work.

I don't have the folder, I've tried to browse to it.

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2021 at 9:35 AM, jlficken said:

Is anyone having issues with the Plugin not removing aged files?

I have Age Days set to 60 and Remove Aged Files on Schedule set to Daily, however, I still have files in the .Recycle.Bin folder dating back to March.

The files in the Recycle Bin are aged by the date they were put in the Recycle Bin.  The atime (access time) is used to date the files.  You might see the mtime (last modified time) as older than the access time because this is the last time they were modified.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Strange bug since I updated to rc2:

Occasionally when I delete a file, say test.txt, what appears in RecycleBin is a folder test.txt where the file should be and inside it the file test.txt.

I rearranged my cache recently which involved manually moving files. Thought that might be the cause so I uninstalled the plugin, deleted all .Recycle.Bin folders in /mnt/user/ shares, and reinstalled but the problem persists.

Anyone else seeing this?

2 hours ago, CS01-HS said:

Strange bug since I updated to rc2:

Occasionally when I delete a file, say test.txt, what appears in RecycleBin is a folder test.txt where the file should be and inside it the file test.txt.

I rearranged my cache recently which involved manually moving files. Thought that might be the cause so I uninstalled the plugin, deleted all .Recycle.Bin folders in /mnt/user/ shares, and reinstalled but the problem persists.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, I am also experiencing this bug in 6.10.0-rc2

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am similar issue with @Arby expect i don't have rootshare installed. It was working before when i first installed it, now delete file in FileBrowser, no .Recycle.Bin folder created, and no logs or history in setting page or disk.

I am on unRAID 6.9.2, I have installed the plugin, enabled it and have not excluded any shares.

I have tried to test it by deleting a new file I created and also by deleting a file that already existed. I have turned "Log deleted files" to "yes" and still no luck, nothing appears under "Shares" or "Deleted Files". 

I also tried to delete plugin and delete plugin folder in flash drive then re-install plugin, but still not working.

I would be very appreciated it anybody could help.

90568438_Screenshot2021-12-02231028.thumb.png.80d5b2b8b54ec4018ea930f827b6b8e7.pngunraid-tower-diagnostics-20211202-2312.zip

Edited by Wesley_Sun
  • 1 month later...

On 12/3/2021 at 7:17 AM, Wesley_Sun said:

Hello,

I am similar issue with @Arby expect i don't have rootshare installed. It was working before when i first installed it, now delete file in FileBrowser, no .Recycle.Bin folder created, and no logs or history in setting page or disk.

I am on unRAID 6.9.2, I have installed the plugin, enabled it and have not excluded any shares.

I have tried to test it by deleting a new file I created and also by deleting a file that already existed. I have turned "Log deleted files" to "yes" and still no luck, nothing appears under "Shares" or "Deleted Files". 

I also tried to delete plugin and delete plugin folder in flash drive then re-install plugin, but still not working.

I would be very appreciated it anybody could help.

90568438_Screenshot2021-12-02231028.thumb.png.80d5b2b8b54ec4018ea930f827b6b8e7.png unraid-tower-diagnostics-20211202-2312.zip 139.75 kB · 1 download

HAIL!

I'm getting a similar issue, UnRAID 6.9.2 with the latest update of Recycle Bin installed but .Recycle.Bin isn't appearing when I delete a test file on either of my shares -- though they do appear in the log [screenshot below]. I did, for a brief moment, have one share show up in the SMB shares... but lost it when I reinstalled the plugin in an attempt to get my other share to appear.

UnRAID_Recycle.thumb.png.da09d111343d1f6c33206fddeb78c4c0.png

No idea if it's a bug or me being a dingus, but I'm hitting a brick wall on what it could be at the moment.

Current troubleshooting steps:

> Stop/Start Array.

> Server Reboot.

> Uninstall/Reinstall of Plugin.

> Multiple folder/file deletes (after each of the above).

> Creation of a new share (just incase it was a bug with the pre-existing share). '.Recycle.Bin' still refused to spawn.

> Staring into the abyss trying to work out what I could possible be doing wrong here.

> Enabling 'Unassigned Devices' -- followed by a test then revert when it didn't help.

> Triple cheking settings for Recycle Bin, SMB Shares, and the shares -- all appear to be in order.

> Manually ran 'Move' in a hope that it may trigger somthing -- it didn't.

Several points:

• You are aware that the recycle bin only shows files deleted from SMB shares?  Using mover or deleting then from a command line won't show them in the recyce bin.
  • The .Recycle.Bin folder is a hidden file in SMB shares unless you've turned off 'Hide "dot" files:' in Settings->SMB.
  • It can take up to several minutes for the Recycle Bin page to actually show deleted files in your shares because of the background update.  The physical .Recycle.Bin folder will be in your share immediately.
  • Zero length files are not put in the recycle bin.
  • Empty folders aren't save in the recycle bin.

I think you're trying too hard and need to have a little patience to let the recycle bin to work,

On 11/21/2021 at 12:39 PM, lococola said:

Is it possible to enable the recycle bin just for a single share or folder? Right now it's enabled for every share by default, but I have a lot of shares and there appears to be a limit on the amount of exclusions you can add.

As you mentioned, the only way is to exclude the shares you don't want.  How many do you have?  Are they long names?

Let me see how long the exclude line is.  I may be able to increase the size.

I just released an update to the recycle bin.  The recycle bin works with UD if it is installed to add the recycle bin to disk devices.  I made a change to UD that highlighted a problem in the recycle bin that may have caused the recycle bin parameters to not be set in the Unraid shares.  What this means is that when the recycle bin parameters are not added to the shares, it will not put files in the recycle bin.

For those of you that have been having issues with the recycle bin not working, please update to this latest release and see if it works now.

If you still have issues, post here and let's see if we can't get it sorted out.