Recycle Bin (vfs recycle) for SMB Shares

dlandon

778 posts in this topic Last Reply

There are two tasks that run on a cron, one calculates the trash size, and the other does the remove of aged files depending on your settings.  The last time the recycle bin ran to remove aged files was on April 15th.  Try the following:

• Restart the recycle bin.
  • Reboot if that doesn't work.
  • Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a plugin that will create a per share .Recycle.Bin folder on each smb share for files deleted on that share.  Built into samba is a module called "vfs recycle" that handles the deletion of fil

Shares were not displaying when "Log Deleted Files" was set to "No".  This has been fixed in the latest version.

No longer true.  I'm releasing a new version that will not show any remote mounted shares and the local recycle bin will not remove any files from the remote share recycle bins.  Only the local server

Posted Images

I recommend that you turn on recycle bin notifications so you can see that it runs when it is supposed to.  I've had a situation where the aged files process didn't run, but I was unable to figure out why.

• dlandon changed the title to Recycle Bin (vfs recycle) for SMB Shares
  • 4 weeks later...