[Solved] emhttp @ 100% CPU

magic144

Hi,

just upgraded from v5 to v6.1 (and today 6.1.1)

Only issue I'm having right now is emhttp sometimes goes ballistic and unresponsive (maxes CPU).

Only just managed to grab the powerdown plugin to help recover from these issues.

Nothing in the syslog coincides with this event. Is there something specific I can check/post??

NB I don't have dockers enabled right now, and have only installed 1 plugin myself - powerdown - although obviously it was occurring before having installed that.

I've seen similar things reported in a number of other posts, but I didn't want to hijack in case this is different.

Thanks.

syslog.txt

Thanks ivez. I've added my thread URL to the larger bug report thread.

I thought it was fixed with that Page Update Frequency change, but after my parity check finished this morning, the web GUI froze again when trying to switch tabs :(

Here are some diagnostics captured whilst the emhttp process was unresponsive and pegging 100% CPU.

Next to try is changing Display Page Update Frequency settings to Disabled (I had ticked the disable during parity check box, so maybe that's why it kept working all that time until it finished...).

Will report back again.

Someone please let me know if there's anything more specific I can/should capture if/when it happens again!

syslog.txt

top.txt

ps.txt

I'll second the I have the 100% lockup problem that I am able to reproduce by running a preclear or a parity check then switch between web pages in the gui (it does lock up with running the disk activity but takes longer and is more random).  But after setting this setting to disabled I do not have the issue.  I am going to do some more testing tonight by running a preclear and swapping pages with both set to disabled and real time and report back.

Just an FYI, I was able to recreate this issue (finally) today.  I'm curious as to what web browser you guys experiencing this issue are using.  I normally use Google Chrome, but today's recreation was after using the new MS Edge browser in Windows 10.  That said, we feel we found a solution and are working on a patch.  Stay tuned...

Just an FYI, I was able to recreate this issue (finally) today.  I'm curious as to what web browser you guys experiencing this issue are using.  I normally use Google Chrome, but today's recreation was after using the new MS Edge browser in Windows 10.  That said, we feel we found a solution and are working on a patch.  Stay tuned...

Almost exclusively chrome. My most recent lockup, documented here, was chrome. https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42782.0

However I should note, I believe I had two instance of the UI open, that is two tabs. Why? Because I forgot I had the first open... I sometimes leave one open and watch stats periodically as I tinker/pre-clears have been running etc.

IE11 windows 7 Prox64 here

at least now it has been recreated and hopefully the only issue I have with v6 will go away :)

Let me know if you need a tester.  I have 14 disks in my array and can make the Gui lock up to 100% in under 1 minute when doing things a certain way.  But I have to say that setting the refresh to disabled has fixed it for me so I assume the bug/fix is something to do with the way it is refreshing while possible either under load or needing the look at an extended inventory??

Just upgraded to 6.1.2 (from within unRAID) - no issues. Rebooted A-OK.

Hammering the tab switching with Page Update Frequency set to Real-time and it seems to be operating like a champ!

Kudos to the fix. Will post back if anything hangs again, but so far so good and fingers crossed.

So glad you guys could reproduce in order to fix!

In fact, it seems even better now. Even when disabled before, some tab switching was prone to a noticeable delay. Now it all seems fast and reliable.