[Solved] VMs kill unRAID

Hi,

I'm running unRAID v6 on an HP Microserver G8 with 4GB RAM. I recently added a Windows 7 VM as I want to run some windows only apps but I found that every morning I was coming in to find that unRAID was completely hung. I have to hit the power button to reset the system as the webGUI is unresponsive, I can't log in via SSH and the local console hangs before even asking for my password. As the syslog is refreshed when the server restarts, I can't get any useful information from that but when I restart the Windows VM the Windows event logger shows an "Windows was not properly shutdown" at some time shortly after 3am each day.

I've attached a diagnostics zip if that helps.

Can anybody help me find what is going on?

homeserv-diagnostics-20150908-0943.zip

Thought I'd done that already as that was my first thought but it turns out I didn't. I've set it to only use the cache disk and excluded using the other disks in the array. Let's see what happens overnight.

Still interesting that you experienced a host crash.  Chances are this was the root cause, but curious as to why because the mover should be ignoring open files.  Nonetheless, let me know what happens overnight.