WebUI Unresponsive

Woke up this morning and attempted to log in a check unRAID status, and perhaps run the 6.1.1 update. WebUI will not load. Everything from the server is functioning fine, I can access Samba shares, VM's are online, Dockers are working, just no webUI.

What are my diagnostic steps? Or should I attempt a clean shutdown via command line, from this post? http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Console

EDIT: Oops. forgot to attach diagnostics. Now attached. Had to open the diag folder and delete /logs/syslog.2 and .1, as the zip file was too large to attach.

bigbang-diagnostics-20150908-1015.zip

I believe the power button will call the powerdown function, built in or plugin if installed.

The syslog included is essentially empty, just thousands of copies of the same line -

Sep  8 05:27:43 BigBang kernel: br0: received packet on bond0 with own address as source address

I've seen that somewhere I think.  You might search for it, probably a mis-configuration of the bonding or bridging or their usage by a container.

When the syslog is split like yours, there are 2 things we need to see, and hopefully they are in the same syslog part.  We need to see the initial setup, which would be in the first part, and we need to see where the errors start.  Usually the subsequent errors may look scary, but aren't important, only the very first errors are.  It would be helpful if you could zip up the other syslog parts and attach.  It's possible that the bonding issue caused all of the trouble, it's certainly the cause of the syslog exploding.

I believe the power button will call the powerdown function, built in or plugin if installed.

The syslog included is essentially empty, just thousands of copies of the same line -

Sep  8 05:27:43 BigBang kernel: br0: received packet on bond0 with own address as source address

I've seen that somewhere I think.  You might search for it, probably a mis-configuration of the bonding or bridging or their usage by a container.

When the syslog is split like yours, there are 2 things we need to see, and hopefully they are in the same syslog part.  We need to see the initial setup, which would be in the first part, and we need to see where the errors start.  Usually the subsequent errors may look scary, but aren't important, only the very first errors are.  It would be helpful if you could zip up the other syslog parts and attach.  It's possible that the bonding issue caused all of the trouble, it's certainly the cause of the syslog exploding.

The errors show up when I use the bottom bonding option mode.I tested the mode by calling for heavy transfers from multiple other PC's, and was able to see the network traffic approach 2gbps. I don't use the standard bonding mode, as I only have an unmanaged switch.

Another post will contain the next zipped log. :)

syslog.1.zip

See my post here:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42743.msg407813#msg407813

May have figured this out.  Stay tuned for patch...

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. Added my 2 cents on my browser use to that thread as well.

What are my options for a clean shut down, or is there a method to kill and bring the webUI back with no shutdown?

Last time I had this and attempted to shutdown from command line, it still had me run a parity...

I don't see any other clues that would indicate why the webUI was unavailable, so I'd wait for Jonp.

One other thing I *did* observe is evidence of bad sectors on sde (TOSHIBA_DT01ACA300_Y46UX6MGS).  I could not see how it's mounted, so you may have been using the Unassigned Devices plugin.  SMART report doesn't show any current problems though, but recently there were bad sectors and at some point, 4 were remapped.

I don't see any other clues that would indicate why the webUI was unavailable, so I'd wait for Jonp.

One other thing I *did* observe is evidence of bad sectors on sde (TOSHIBA_DT01ACA300_Y46UX6MGS).  I could not see how it's mounted, so you may have been using the Unassigned Devices plugin.  SMART report doesn't show any current problems though, but recently there were bad sectors and at some point, 4 were remapped.

Thanks for the heads up. This is a drive that recently gave me SMART failure notices, so I replaced with a new drive in the array. Starting a 3 round pre-clear to check in to the drive. My previous one was interrupted before finishing. :/