[Support] [Beta] Bungy's motioneye docker

Bungy

All,

I have created a new docker for motion and motioneye. Motion is software to connect to webcams, network security cameras, usb security cameras, etc. It is capable of performing motion detection, email alerts, scheduling, and many other features. Motioneye is a web-based front end for motion, which makes it very useful inside of a docker and for us unraid users.

It is available in my beta repository: https://github.com/jshridha/templates/tree/master/Bungy/Beta

This docker is still in beta and I need to drastically update the Readme.md as I have been tweaking the docker a good bit today, but if you want to get started, it is as easy as using the template with the default values. Please post feedback here and don't use this in production systems (yet). It still needs to be debugged and tweaked. Currently I have a small tree of symlinks that I need to clean up, but I need to take a break for the time being.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for doing this.

I took a look at it, and I like the simplicity of the web-based MotionEye UI, and the "just works" motion detection. (detect motion, save a second before until the motion stops.)

My problem with it is that Motion converts the h264 stream to JPEG, does the analysis, and reconverts it back to h264. Horribly inefficient, if you ask me. I had a CPU core going between 20% and 80% at all times. Ug!

FYI, it looks like the main repository has died, and all the action is over in Motion-Project on github. I'm not sure which version of motion you're installing, but you might want to consider the 4.0.1 version that they've released. https://github.com/Motion-Project/motion/releases/tag/release-4.0.1

• 1 month later...