Kodi plugin

xtrips

Hello,

Is there a Kodi plugin available for 6.1.x that does not require dockers?

Thanks

just why ???

Why Kodi? or why no Dockers?

why a plugin ?

Well, in that case your question implies that I do not totally understand what is Kodi, which is possible actually.

I wish to run some server on Unraid that would serve contents available from the internet, in the format of streaming, and the target would be Upnp device. Isn't that what Kodi is about, or at least some of its features?

Hello,

Is there a Kodi plugin available for 6.1.x that does not require dockers?

Thanks

just why ???

Why Kodi? or why no Dockers?

why a plugin ?

Well, in that case your question implies that I do not totally understand what is Kodi, which is possible actually.

I wish to run some server on Unraid that would serve contents available from the internet, in the format of streaming, and the target would be Upnp device. Isn't that what Kodi is about, or at least some of its features?

that would be more plex's thing... but i still don't understand why a plugin over a docker.

I agree with Sparklyballs' and just about all of us in the community that docker containers are preferable wherever possible to plugins, there's a whole host of reasons why, conceptually docker containers are a little more difficult to set up but once you grasp the concepts they're a piece of cake.

Currently there is no Kodi plugin available and I can't see anyone making one to be honest.  There was a XBMC plugin for V5 but that is long since gone.

Your options are try to use the Plex plugin to achieve what you want or bite the bullet and install the Kodi headless server docker, by Sparklyballs.

Hello,

I am giving a try to Kodi-Headless.

First thing is I couldn't log in. Didn't know what user or password to use. Finally I tried xbmc/xbmc and I got in, but the interface is pretty empty and I couldn't find any settings or parameters section.

Just to be clear, I don't know Kodi.

My only goal is to connect it to some repository that streams children shows from torrent and other sources on the internet.

Can someone put me on the right track Please?

Hello,

First thing is I couldn't log in. Didn't know what user or password to use. Finally I tried xbmc/xbmc and I got in, but the interface is pretty empty and I couldn't find any settings or parameters section.

My only goal is to connect it to some repository that streams children shows from torrent and other sources on the internet.

Plex is probably going to be simpler for you. It will stream from your server, but getting the content from torrent, etc. is really a separate task, for which there are other dockers.

Limetech is working on some new features for 6.2 which will make setting up dockers a lot simpler if you want to wait on that. What plugins are you using?

Hello,

I think you've got the wrong idea.  Unraid is a headless system ie no monitor (in general)  So in order to use kodi and whatever repositories that you want to install then all that has to be installed on the client device ie the machine you're actually going to watch the content on.

The kodi headless docker is, well headless, and it's primary function is to keep a library shared between multiple clients updated with a MariaDB/MySQL database.

The other point I should probably make is that discussion of torrent streaming may not be allowed on here (or on the kodi forums) if it is of copyrighted material.

But in summary.  Decide what device your kids will be accessing kodi on and install kodi on that device not Unraid, now we know what you want to achieve, I don't think kodi on Unraid is the right approach for you.

Kodi/XBMC isn't really a Server/Client setup like Plex or Emby, think of each Kodi installation and add-ons/repositories as separate installations (Which can share a central database of locally stored media with a little work.)

Hope that helps clear stuff up.

Hello,

I think you've got the wrong idea.  Unraid is a headless system ie no monitor (in general)  So in order to use kodi and whatever repositories that you want to install then all that has to be installed on the client device ie the machine you're actually going to watch the content on.

The kodi headless docker is, well headless, and it's primary function is to keep a library shared between multiple clients updated with a MariaDB/MySQL database.

The other point I should probably make is that discussion of torrent streaming may not be allowed on here (or on the kodi forums) if it is of copyrighted material.

But in summary.  Decide what device your kids will be accessing kodi on and install kodi on that device not Unraid, now we know what you want to achieve, I don't think kodi on Unraid is the right approach for you.

Kodi/XBMC isn't really a Server/Client setup like Plex or Emby, think of each Kodi installation and add-ons/repositories as separate installations (Which can share a central database of locally stored media with a little work.)

Hope that helps clear stuff up.

My laziness led me to a complete misunderstanding of Kodi's architecture. I just didn't bother to read. You made it very clear now. Definitely not what I need. Thank you.

P.S Do you have any idea if what I actually need exists? When I installed Plex I could access the pre-installed channels pretty easily using DLNA on the TV. Pretty handy for children. I just need something more versatile, where I can use other kind of channels...