SMB and NFS permission problems since 6.1.0 upgrade

172pilot

I'm a long time UnRaid user, using SMB and NFS for ESXi.  I recently upgraded to 6.1.0 and I started noticing that my ESXi systems started being unable to access and delete files in their datastores (NFS shares).  Going into the shell on UnRaid, I started seeing that SOME of the files were permissioned for "root:root" and others were set to "nobody:users".  I know there was a big permission change a while back, and I thought perhaps some of my files hadn't gotten the new permissions, so I went and ran the new permissions script under Tools menu.  That took a long time, but did finish going through all 16tb of files..

Today, I went to create a subdirectory with SMB/CIFS from a Windows 10 workstation that has never given me trouble before, and I get a permission error, and can't create the directory..  Back to the shell, I see everything within the directory I'm trying to create in is set to "nobody:users".

First of all, has anyone else seen this in 6.1.0, and second, what SHOULD the permissions be?  I can do a manual reset of permissions if I need to, but before I change much else, I want to make sure I'm going to do the right thing.

I also see there's a 6.1.1, but I dont see anything regarding permissions in the changes doc, so I'm hesitant to change more before I figure out what's going on!

If it helps, my SMB is in workgroup mode for simplicity, even though I have a domain.  In my past attempts to integrate into my domain, things didn't go smoothly, so I've just left it like this, and other than this last week, I've had no trouble...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

-Steve