Cannot connect via WinSCP and Putty (SSH)

steve1977

No clue whether this is related to the upgrade to 6.1.2 or something else that was changed in the meantime.

I used to be able to SSH into Unraid using putty as well as use WinSCP to access my Unraid drives. Unfortunately, this is no longer possible. Telnet still works, but no SHH (and no WinSCP).

Error message when SSH via Putty reads "Network error: connection refused" and in WinSCP reads "The server rejected SFTP connection, but it listens for FTP connections. Did you want to use FTP protocol instead of SFTP? Prefer using encryption.".

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for sharing. I don't think it is related to ports or protocols. It actually does work with Telnet (23), but not with SSH (22). It used to work in the past, but things went bad, when they were some issues around the update. I don't think it is the update per se as otherwise more people would face similar issues. But something must have corrupted along the way...

There are a few errors (see http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42657.15), which may be related. Any idea how this could be related to my SSH / WinSCP issue?

I have the same issue after updating to 6.1.2. I still looking what I screwed up in the config somewhere. I'll report back when I find what is causing this issue on my side. I thought at first I forgot my password or something but everything works in Telnet.

(I updated like yesterday, waited to have the plugins I needed to be compatible)

Have you tried restarting sshd?

/etc/rc.d/rc.sshd restart

Just tried. Getting the following error message. "Warning. There does not appear to be a parent instance of sshd running. If you really want to kill all running instances of sshd (including any sessions currently in use), run '/etc/rc.d/rc.sshd stop' instead"

Have you tried restarting sshd?

/etc/rc.d/rc.sshd restart

Just tried. Getting the following error message. "Warning. There does not appear to be a parent instance of sshd running. If you really want to kill all running instances of sshd (including any sessions currently in use), run '/etc/rc.d/rc.sshd stop' instead"

Looks like it's not running at all which would be why you can't get in. Try:

/etc/rc.d/rc.sshd start