Asking your opinion on parity check speed.

dikkiedirk

Immediately after upgrading my mainserver to unraid 6.1.2 I started a parity check on it. It finished in the night and here is the result:

Last checked on Fri 11 Sep 2015 11:56:19 PM CEST (yesterday), finding 0 errors.

Duration: 13 hours, 33 minutes, 7 seconds. Average speed: 82.0 MB/sec 

Is the speed mediocre or average or to be expected regarding the hardware involved?

Just like to know, I have no plans on upgrading just to get better speeds.

With your disks I would expect a slightly better average, make sure you’re using the 3 top most PCI-e slots, first 2 with 8 disks each and the third with the rest, cache disks also on third or onboard.

You can also run unraid-tunables-tester, it can add 10 to 20Mb/s to your average if you’re using default values.

Good point you have their. The three M1015 controllers are in the upper three slots already. But it could well be that the card in the lowest slot has 2 cables attached and the middle one only one cable. This was done for some troubleshooting earlier.

And so it was! I moved one sas connector from the card in the lower slot to the card in the middle slot. Parity check is running again. Do you guys also observe that there is a delay of 1-2 minutes before parity check starts and the current position starts moving?