Open Files Plugin - Can help with troubleshooting why server won't shut down

dlandon

23 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Remove the ipmi plugin and contact the plugin author about the php errors.

Thanks for the speedy reply!

OK, removed the plugin and am reporting it to the author, but it still didn't fix the Open Files issue. Nothing is now showing in the PHP logs, and no errors/warnings in syslog. I rebooted after removing the plugin, but still have the same symptoms - it works when the array is stopped and when 1st started.  Once the Docker service is enabled (with no containers started), Open Files will sometimes work but most of the time it times out. And when any containers are started, it will always time out.

Anything else you can think of?

10 minutes ago, AgentXXL said:

Thanks for the speedy reply!

OK, removed the plugin and am reporting it to the author, but it still didn't fix the Open Files issue. Nothing is now showing in the PHP logs, and no errors/warnings in syslog. I rebooted after removing the plugin, but still have the same symptoms - it works when the array is stopped and when 1st started.  Once the Docker service is enabled (with no containers started), Open Files will sometimes work but most of the time it times out. And when any containers are started, it will always time out.

Anything else you can think of?

Post diagnostics.

On 2/26/2024 at 4:11 PM, dlandon said:

Post diagnostics.

Sorry, had a flare-up with some health issues so I haven't grabbed them yet. I noticed a new version of the plugin was released today so I installed and it's now working. I suspect it was the increased timeout. Thanks for incorporating this fix!

Hey all! Great plugin and thank you for your time.

I'm wondering if the plugin logs previously-opened files. I used File Activity and realized that one of my movie files was opened. Almost exactly 30 mins (my spin-down setting) after, the related disk spun down. This suggests the file was kept open for a short period of time, I think.

When checking Open Files, I wasn't able to see that file shown as open. This may be because it was open for a short time and I missed it. To confirm if that is the case, I'm wondering if there is a log that shows some history that can be accessed.

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, jv6478 said:

Hey all! Great plugin and thank you for your time.

I'm wondering if the plugin logs previously-opened files. I used File Activity and realized that one of my movie files was opened. Almost exactly 30 mins (my spin-down setting) after, the related disk spun down. This suggests the file was kept open for a short period of time, I think.

When checking Open Files, I wasn't able to see that file shown as open. This may be because it was open for a short time and I missed it. To confirm if that is the case, I'm wondering if there is a log that shows some history that can be accessed.

Thanks in advance!

That's what FIle Activity does.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

That's what FIle Activity does.

In the active File Activity log, I just see that a file was opened but I'm trying to track down what actually opened or accessed it. If that's something I can find, where would I look? Thanks for your support!