dlandon

Open Files Plugin - Can help with troubleshooting why server won't shut down

80 posts in this topic Last Reply

@dlandon & @johnnie.black   Thanks for the help... For some reason it seems to have settled... I removed my Games folder to a separate share that is excluded and now it seems to sleep calmly... I have other issues to sort now ;)

I have issue when checking "Open Files" I see the utility "find" busy. It's keep my drive awake. When I kill the process it's returning. Any idea?

When I start the unRAID server"Find" is immediately active. So only the array is up and no Docker or VM's.  

Edited by MvL

I have issue when checking "Open Files" I see the utility "find" busy. It's keep my drive awake. When I kill the process it's returning. Any idea?

When I start the unRAID server"Find" is immediately active. So only the array is up and no Docker or VM's.  
It's from dynamic cache dirs. It gets stopped when the array stops

Sent via Tapatalk because I'm either at work or enjoying the summer

Thanks for reply!

It was keeping my HDD 10 for days awake. It was searching in same directories over and over again. I delete these directories and now the issue is gone. It was almost if it was in a loop.

Edited by MvL

That's what cache dirs does. It's a Continuous loop of find of all the directories you include in its settings.

There ar circumstances where it can keep drives spun up, mainly if you have it included your Plex appdata for example, because the millions of files in appdata will quickly flush the cached inodes for all the other folders, and find will have to spin up the drives to get the info.

Generally the only included folders would be stuff like movies or TV or music

Sent via Tapatalk because I'm either at work or enjoying the summer