New MB+CPU

Hi,

Having a lot of trouble with my existing setup. I am having lots of network dropouts and I have tried about everything to figure out whats wrong - with no luck.

Therefore, i would like to buy a new motherboard, CPU and ram. But what should I buy? I would love to have some input from you guys.

My rig is shown in my signature and the main use is as fileserver but also Plex, Nzbget, music-server.

Thanks in advance

Lappen

Well, considering the mentioned applications are running satisfactory on the existing i3

I can't see why you should swap the CPU and the RAM.

While we could argue about the RAM as it can often be a source of problems but

CPU should definitely not be responsible for network dropouts.

Is there a thread where we can read up on your issues?

Did you run the RAM test?

Have you tried an add-on NIC?

Anyhow, the Supermicro board is considered high class.

If you insist on replacing then the first step would be to get another 1155 board and see if it solves your issues.

You can still use the i3 CPU.

The socket 1155 is still up to date and you can get more CPU power if needed by swapping a v2 Xeon for example.

Although you may loose that nice 35W TDP of the i3.

This is probably the most cost efficient approach, every thing more modern will cost more $$.

Hi,

Having a lot of trouble with my existing setup. I am having lots of network dropouts and I have tried about everything to figure out whats wrong - with no luck.

Therefore, i would like to buy a new motherboard, CPU and ram. But what should I buy? I would love to have some input from you guys.

My rig is shown in my signature and the main use is as fileserver but also Plex, Nzbget, music-server.

Thanks in advance

Lappen

What LAN port are you using?

This motherboard, X9SCL-F, has three ethernet controllers and three ports. Is the trouble on 1, 2, or all 3?