Happy 10th birthday unRAID (belated)

ohlwiler

I bought my unRAID USB drive in October of 2005 for $159. I know Tom sold full servers before that (JoeL bought one) so I think I'm pretty close to the real date. I never dreamed that I'd still be using the same solution ten years on. Congratulations Tom!

I think here is the thread that started it all:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/26-home-theater-computers/573986-limetech-un-raid-media-storage-server-support-thread.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I hadn't even noticed until seeing this thread!  First order was on 8/31/2005.  Wow.  Thanks to everyone, esp. you early adopters!

I remember my first day (03/15/2010):

Hi, Yes I’ve seen that you’ve had a hard time getting your order processed.  I am out of town for the next two days so I can’t find out what’s going on with PayPal – we have shipped to Brazil many times in the past.  But here is a free key for you!

Cheers,

Tom

Thank you, Tom! I'll never forget how helpful you were on those days I lost all my data and unRAID helped me start al over again.

Cheers!

My first day was May 27, 2010.

Unraid has come along quite a bit since then:

* unMenu

* Version 5 - Plugins, VirtualBox - my favorite ;)

* Version 6 - Plugin manager, Docker, KVM

unRAID has always been extremely stable over all versions.

Thank you Limetech and all contributing forum members and developers.

Wow!  I think I found it via that AVSForum post way back in the day!

Circa 2006, unRAID + Meedio was a kick-butt combo.

Back then, I bought two of the CM Stackers that I still use to this day.  I think they came with one 4-in-3 cage each.  I remember emailing Tom to see if he had any extras from his builds, and he said he'd send me a couple for free.  I think I had to argue with him to get him to just let me pay the shipping!

Pretty nice having a storage device that just runs unattended in the background for years.  Thanks, Tom!