johnnie.black

Sata/SAS controllers tested (real world max throughput during parity check)

27 posts in this topic Last Reply

23 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

Mostly HBA bus width and link speed, for SAS expanders number of wide ports in use and devices used link speed.

Thank you, I ordered a used LSI-9207e (external ports) from eBay for the R710, and the RES2SV240 for my existing ASRock server.

Would it be ok to order (2x) SFF-8088 to SFF 8088 (for R710 server) and a dual port 8088 to 8087 PCI bracket (for ASRock server) and (2x) SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 from the dual port to the RES2SV240? It’s more expensive and I don’t know if there will be a speed loss going through the dual port. I think it’ll look nicer and not have to route the cables through the PCI slots.

Would it be a faster connection if I just ordered (2x) SFF-8088 to SFF-8087 and route them through the PCI slots to the RES2SV240 directly.

10 minutes ago, Omar said:

Would it be a faster connection if I just ordered (2x) SFF-8088 to SFF-8087 and route them through the PCI slots to the RES2SV240 directly.

It won't make any difference in speed, just need to respect max SAS cable length.