6.1.3 update caused loss of content in one share

That screenshot looks OK from a permissions/owner point of view.    It shows the 'storage' share containing a single folder called 'backup' - is this what you expect?

It might be worth showing screenshots of what you see from Windows, and also what you see from the unRAID GUI  as you say you can see what you expect in the GUI, but not in Windows.

I did that a few posts ago. ;-)

Missed that - sorry!

One anomaly I notice is that when you did the ls command it was for the 'storage' folder.

However the GUI shows that the share is actually called 'Storage' (i.e. it starts with a capital S).  In Linux 'storage' and 'Storage' are not the same location.  Windows is case agnostic but Linux is not.

Perhaps you should instead try

ls -l /mnt/disk*/?torage

to see if you have folders starting both with and without a capital 'S'.  If so this could be the root cause of the problem.

Okay, can I just change the case in Windows to correct it?

No - you will need to correct it from the Linux end (unRAID) and then probably stop and restart the array to pick up the correction.

I am guessing that the right solution is going to be to move the contents of the 'storage' folder on the disks that also have 'Storage' (e.g. disk6) to the 'Storage' folder on the same disk.  The easiest way to do this will be to use Midnight Commander ('mc' command) from a console/telnet session to browse these two locations to check what you want to keep and then to do the subsequent move.    Once you have emptied them the 'storage' folders should be removed so that you only have 'Storage' folders on each disk with exactly the same case in the name.